CD Projekt announcing new RPG tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by randir14, May 29, 2012.

1. randir14

randir14 First time out of the vault

Dec 20, 2005
  2. Carnivàle

Carnivàle So it goes

Oct 8, 2011
  3. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Lets just hope the combat will be better in this one than in the Witcher. The Rest was pretty enjoyable for me in their previous games.

4. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Has a Shadowrun vibe about it. I've been dying for a good cyberpunk RPG.

5. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    That looks more than awesome. And, unlike some other developer we know, they have a knack for turning great concept art into great graphics. I'm excited. Heh, sounds like I'm a total graphics whore. What I mean is: they are able to capture the atmosphere, the very essence of concept art and turn it into a game.

6. zioburosky13

zioburosky13 Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 24, 2004
    Anything that is not fantasy-based is welcome for me :)

7. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    I wonder what kind of a monstrous configuration will be needed to run this thing...

8. randir14

randir14 First time out of the vault

Dec 20, 2005

9. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Well, they announced it and showed this screen but no trailer

10. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    So far anything that's made by CD Project is gold in my book. Awaiting this with anticipation.

11. Kyuu

Kyuu Insert Awesome Title Here

Jul 19, 2007
    Sounds terrific, can't wait. Just hope it doesn't bring my poor Radeon 6950 to its knees...

12. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    Excited, though my poor computer can only run the original Witcher at a snail's pace, so I'd need to upgrade. If it's anything like what I've read of previous titles it's worth an upgrade to play.

13. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    I watched the announcement as it happened in a live stream.

I can't believe in my 20+ years of avid gaming that one day I'd be watching a "televised" press gathering to announce a new game. It really is big business.

Oh and besides any new game from CD Projekt is good. Cyberpunk too is great and they KNOW their audience.

Sincerely,
    The Vault Dweller

14. brfritos

brfritos Humma Kavulaaaaaaa

Sep 8, 2009
    At last, another RPG that isn't fantasy-medieval-whatever.

I liked the gameplay of TW2, but I'm not too fond of fantasy games, I hate LotR for example.

First Wasteland 2 and now this?
    Life is good, isn't? :cool:

15. 13pm

13pm Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm really really hyped about it. I like CDPR as a developer. I just hope they won't dumb it down as they did with TW2 compared to TW1. If TW1 had been a pure PC game, TW2 even released on PC was a stupid console port with clunky interface and controls tweaked more for gamepads than keyboard+mouse. Also, QTEs, one-button-does-everything and shortened answers in dialogs. As for the dialogs, the best compromise solution for dialogs I've seen was in Deus Ex:HR. They have shortened lines for those who don't like to read, but they always show the full phrase when you put the cursor over the shortened one.

As far as I understood, they are basing the game on Cyberpunk not only setting-wise, but also taking it's RP system.
    I have no doubt that choices and consequences will be interesting, these guys proved to get it right. My only concerns now are the depth of RP system integration and overall gameplay mechanics (consolification).

16. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I am not one who is blaming consoles. But for some reason many developers/publishers must really think their console audience is full of retards or idiots. No clue why actually ... since even the console has a few very story driven and complicated games which are popular. Like Metal Gear Solid for example. Or Final Fantasy.

Yeah lets hope the "consolification" will not be big with this one.

17. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    Uh, what? TW2 definitely wasn't a console port. The only problem it had (well, has) is an unoptimized engine, but it's definitely not dumber than TW1. I played them recently back-to-back, so I have a fresh comparison.

18. 13pm

13pm Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 10, 2007
    I know it wasn't, but they no doubt were developing it having consoles in mind and aiming to release on consoles soon (and they did). And TW2 really felt for me like a game tweaked for gamepads and wider audience with those those popular things like QTEs and shortened dialogs. I also played TW1 before TW2. And TW1 is one of my favorite games to the moment. I liked TW2, but as a separate game, next-gen game, not connected to TW1. It is fun, but is less expressive and more generic in terms of atmosphere and game world, less dark and gritty. Thankfully the quests are still quite the best among the recent "RPG" titles.

19. SmartCheetah

SmartCheetah It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 23, 2009
    Really nice stuff. I'm officially hyped. Only concern? They wouldn't allow us to create our own characters, so we will be forced to play one of the premades. It makes sense in The Witcher world, as there are not many witchers and Geralt is a pretty interesting character. Question is, if they're gonna roll the same way TW games went, or maybe they will allow us to create our very own toon? Premades are better for storytelling, I know.

20. Threepwood

Threepwood Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 4, 2010
    Have you played the ioveth path? That's about as gritty as gritty gets.