Chris Avellone examines the Fallout TV Series

Courier made every bad choice available and everything bad that could have happened did so.

Solar eclipse and massive sandstorms blocked the sun allowing Tunnelers to run on the surface. There was nobody to stop them because Courier did an Indenpendent ending after he butchered majority of minor factions, blew up the Fortification Hill bunker, nuked Long 15 and was branded as a terrorist by NCR.

Not to mention Vault 22 spores spreading in Zion and NCR finding Sierra Madre and accidentally releasing Cloud on Strip and Freeside.

The Enclave wanted to colonize space and that's why they did the Vault experiments but that failed and now they want to recolonize Earth after sterilizing it of all mutant life.
Unfortunately, very few of those experiments they came up with to go hand in hand with that space colony thing make any sense for that goal. Pretty sure that's what MCA was saying. I will say that's it's kind of funny that Iron Tower took that idea and ran full tilt with it, though.
The Enclave we got wanted to commit genocide to repopulate the wasteland with "pure" humans.
I'm pretty sure that The Enclave in Fallout 2 were on a sliding scale of what their master plan was up until release. My hunch is that the original idea was that they were going to murder all the "mutants" but keep the pure humans. That's why you needed both the Arroyo population and the people from Vault 13. You needed both to make something that killed one and not the other. Then they decided that wasn't evil enough, so they just made them want to kill everyone but left the two groups in even though it doesn't make sense at that point.

Unfortunately, very few of those experiments they came up with to go hand in hand with that space colony thing make any sense for that goal. Pretty sure that's what MCA was saying. I will say that's it's kind of funny that Iron Tower took that idea and ran full tilt with it, though.

I'm pretty sure that The Enclave in Fallout 2 were on a sliding scale of what their master plan was up until release. My hunch is that the original idea was that they were going to murder all the "mutants" but keep the pure humans. That's why you needed both the Arroyo population and the people from Vault 13. You needed both to make something that killed one and not the other. Then they decided that wasn't evil enough, so they just made them want to kill everyone but left the two groups in even though it doesn't make sense at that point.

Well, you don't want the virus to kill pure humans like themselves.

That's why you needed both the Arroyo population and the people from Vault 13. You needed both to make something that killed one and not the other. Then they decided that wasn't evil enough, so they just made them want to kill everyone but left the two groups in even though it doesn't make sense at that point.
Yeah, President Dick talks about that:
President Dick: As it turns out we needed test subjects from untainted, pre-war, human stock - your ancestors in Vault 13 - and some freshly mutated stock - the villagers from Arroyo.
President Dick: To turn it [F.E.V.] into a staggeringly effective killer. Any humanoid that isn't inoculated against its effects before its release, will die. That is the Project.
President Dick: I'm sure you think so. But tests performed on your tribesmen have all shown that you are guilty of mutation. It's a damn good thing the Project is ready.

Chosen One:
Why?

President Dick:
Some of the members of your tribe are showing some extremely interesting changes. If the danger to true humanity weren't so great I would think about studying them. But that's not to be.

Chosen One:
Not to be? Why not?

President Dick:
Oh, but that's one of the advantages of the F.E.V. virus. We can release it right here and the jetstream will carry it worldwide. It'll have plenty of time to cleanse every nook and cranny of the globe.

Chosen One:
OK. Then why did you have to kidnap my villagers and the people from Vault 13?

President Dick:
Test subjects. Your villagers are all descended from vault stock and we had to make sure that the F.E.V. toxin was still effective. The subjects from Vault 13 test that and an inoculation against the FEV.

Chosen One:
You're not testing the inoculation on my people?

President Dick:
It's hardly necessary. I'm sure we could and it would work, but there's no reason to do so.

That's what I originally thought as well when I first played the game, because as I said, it makes no sense to get both the Vault 13 population as well as the Arroyo people unless that was your goal. Make sure it works on one but not the other. However, there's these tidbits:

As Risewild said, President Dick says that any humanoid that isn't inoculated against it will die. So, basically you need a vaccine against it in order to be spared from the effects The Project, being death.

There's also this which you can download from a terminal in the oil rig:

Final tests conducted on the vault-descendant subjects, from the village "Arroyo," have shown a survival rate of zero-percent, with most deaths occurring within one-hour of exposure to a .0001% aerosol solution. By contrast, the subjects extracted from Vault 13 tend to suffer subdural hemorrhaging and convulsions within one-hour of exposure, with death not occurring, on average, for another 14.5-hours.

So, it still kills the Vault 13 people, but it takes more time. And this was the "successful" test. It just seems to me that they started with what you thought, and what I originally thought my first time playing it, and then changed it late in development to where it killed everyone that didn't have the inoculation.

It could be poorly worded, and they mean that after 14.5 hours, the symptoms go away. But then why make an inoculation if the goal is to wipe out just "mutants" and leave the vault dwellers and other non-exposed people alive if the goal is "pure humans"? Also, you can kill everyone on the Oil Rig that isn't inoculated with the FEV Curling-13 by releasing it in to the air system. So it does work on them unless they're inoculated.

That's what I originally thought as well when I first played the game, because as I said, it makes no sense to get both the Vault 13 population as well as the Arroyo people unless that was your goal. Make sure it works on one but not the other. However, there's these tidbits:

As Risewild said, President Dick says that any humanoid that isn't inoculated against it will die. So, basically you need a vaccine against it in order to be spared from the effects The Project, being death.

Final tests conducted on the vault-descendant subjects, from the village "Arroyo," have shown a survival rate of zero-percent, with most deaths occurring within one-hour of exposure to a .0001% aerosol solution. By contrast, the subjects extracted from Vault 13 tend to suffer subdural hemorrhaging and convulsions within one-hour of exposure, with death not occurring, on average, for another 14.5-hours.

So, it still kills the Vault 13 people, but it takes more time. And this was the "successful" test. It just seems to me that they started with what you thought, and what I originally thought my first time playing it, and then changed it late in development to where it killed everyone that didn't have the inoculation.

It could be poorly worded, and they mean that after 14.5 hours, the symptoms go away. But then why make an inoculation if the goal is to wipe out just "mutants" and leave the vault dwellers and other non-exposed people alive if the goal is "pure humans"? Also, you can kill everyone on the Oil Rig that isn't inoculated with the FEV Curling-13 by releasing it in to the air system. So it does work on them unless they're inoculated.

I took that to be that was a compromise from the scientists.

"We can't get it to work on all non-irradiated people but we managed to get a vaccine working."

The answer to most of this is that they are idiots. They want to believe they are the only pure humans, even though they can't make a virus selective enough to not kill them, too, which is why they need a vaccine. The whole plan is born out of paranoia and xenophobia, and about as sensible as anything the vice president says. Aside from conversing with the president, the fact that you can demonstrate to the head scientist that his approach is fundamentally flawed using nothing but high level concepts really shows how insane the Enclave is. The whole space plan is drivel, like a leftover talking point from an electoral campaign that happened centuries ago.

Other than the points they've made, I'm surprised that nobody has said anything about this so far, well I guess I'll be the one to do it...

WE'VE GOT AN OG NMAer BACK IN THE HOUSE!

Hey @Saint_Proverbius welcome back!!!

:o :ok:

"We can't get it to work on all non-irradiated people but we managed to get a vaccine working."
Worked pretty good on everyone that wasn't inoculated at the Oil Rig, though. They dead.
WE'VE GOT AN OG NMAer BACK IN THE HOUSE!

Hey @Saint_Proverbius welcome back!!!

:o :ok:
You can thank PlanHex for that. He popped on the RPG Codex shoutbox last night and I mentioned I would have popped by but I'd forgotten my password in the last nearly two decades. Also, my email is different. He changed my password for me!

Unless you do the House ending, which is better than NCR.

And NCR is just Pre-War America now.

And Bethesda constantly shits on the Old World as a hellhole by having every person from that era as comically evil except Nate and Nora.

Nate's a war criminal lol.

eh? Did Allevone truly believe Nate is in Fallout 1 intro in Prewar US Federal Propaganda?
No, it's just becoming a meme to pretend that Nate "The Rake" was some sort anti-leaf extremist who only had the motivation to kill more Canadians even throughout Fallout 4.
Which suddenly makes the game a lot more fun.

No, it's just becoming a meme to pretend that Nate "The Rake" was some sort anti-leaf extremist who only had the motivation to kill more Canadians even throughout Fallout 4.
Someone actually made a "Lore Friendly Annexation of Canada PTSD Overhaul" mod which turns the Raiders into Canadians lol.

As a Canadian, I enjoy this meta.

"You weren't there in Anchorage, Piper... You think you got a sector cleared, that you can take a load off and drink with the boys... First, you catch a hint of maple in the wind, then the trees start speaking Quebecois..."
-Nate (probably)

Back