Chris Avellone Inside the Vault

Per

Vault Consort
Staff member
Admin
At the Bethesda Blog, MCA takes the stand and Perry Mason confuses him the heck into confessing to everything. People who have read more than half an interview with MCA will find the entire thing unnervingly familiar, although I can't remember his favourite games list being quite that good.<blockquote>What’s your job at Obsidian?

I’m Creative Director. I direct creativity, sometimes in a positive direction. I also ask “why should the player give a crap?” a lot.</blockquote>People looking to give a crap about New Vegas will find nothing here.

Thanks to Lexx.

Excuse....but..uh, who, or what is MCA ?

(yeah, you can start stoning me to death now)

Szeder said:
Excuse....but..uh, who, or what is MCA ?

(yeah, you can start stoning me to death now)

master chris avellone. he's referred to as master around here because people worship him. in poland, they even have a statue. he worked with black isle before all the talent left and split into two companies. he joined with obsidian, which is the one of the those two that are still above water financially.

junkevil said:
master chris avellone.

It has been explained as "Mayor", presumably because such a character appeared in Fallout Tactics.

I heard it stood for Mighty Chris Avellone because back in good old days at interplay he once punched a bear in the head.

Kilus said:
I heard it stood for Mighty Chris Avellone because back in good old days at interplay he once punched a bear in the head.

Though later study of the story rather indicates that it was the reverse; the bear punching MCA in the head.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Though later study of the story rather indicates that it was the reverse; the bear punching MCA in the head.

I heard it was Herve doing the punching.

Kilus said:

The bear was actually Herve in disguise.

It was actually Master Blaster Chris Avallone, but they had problems with copyrights from "Master Blaster".

Blaster also stood for that punched bear. When he punched it he was Blasted away!

Szeder said:
Okay, I need to see it clearly. Master or Mayor ?

Most people will tell you Master. Secondarily it's Mayor or Mister. No one knows for sure. He's just M Chris Avellone.

Back