Chris Avellone redeemed

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

Back on June 20 a woman, known only as Karissa, begun to make false metoo-accusations directed at Chris Avellone. Chris Avellone is of course of Fallout fame and it would be a severe blow to the Fallout community if there were any truth to these accusations. As we shall see the accusations were false.

In ordinary metoo-fashion people around him were quick to dissociate themselves from him and he lost a lot of work when collaborators broke with him. It's notable how these game developers had just days before invoked Avellones' good name and reputation for their own sly marketing reasons but as soon as one unhinged woman begun throwing accusations they immediately broke with him.

A clear example of it is this interview with Chris Avellone and Emily Grace Buck from The Waylanders RPG posted on June 18 where Chris and Emily is happily interviewed in tandem. However, just two days later Emily is ready to believe the accuser and forget about Avellone ever working on The Waylanders. Remember that the developer behind The Waylanders cynically used Avellones' name in their kickstarter pitch to get as much money as possible.

Emily Grace Buck said:
Chris is no longer on the project, and I’ve been the lead writer all along, not him. Waylanders has very little writing by him as it stands, and I’ll be taking a look at his scenes. No one on the team knew anything about this. We’re handling it, and I’m open to feedback.

Notable is also that there are a lot of supposed friends of Avellones' who could have easily defended him but who didn't. For example the old Bioware developer David Gaider.

Anyway, to make a long story short you should probably just watch the 45 minute video linked above that debunks the accusations from Karissa.

Last edited:
Look, he's been a bit of a idiot on Twitter in the past. You either have to not know how things are in modern life, or you have to be a bit stupid in the head to post some of the stuff he did.

Not saying a guy should lose job, ect., but yeah - he must not have been aware enough, apparently.

Look, he's been a bit of a idiot on Twitter in the past. You either have to not know how things are in modern life, or you have to be a bit stupid in the head to post some of the stuff he did.

Not saying a guy should lose job, ect., but yeah - he must not have been aware enough, apparently.
But he wasn't condemned for anything he said on twitter. He was accused by someone who changed her mind on stuff she was okay with 8 years ago, making it seem as if Chris almost raped her. To further strenghten her case, she insinuated Chris has a pattern of behaviour involving, and I'm paraphrasing here, 'getting young girls drunk so he could have sex with them without their consent'.

He couldn't be 'aware enough' about any of this, since the woman in question was on friendly terms with him for years after the fact.

He couldn't be 'aware enough' about any of this, since the woman in question was on friendly terms with him for years after the fact.

Yes, exactly. He must not have been aware enough of what kind of a rabbit hole we're in as a modern society these days. It's not safe to engage with women in the work space in the west. Now, apparently - outside of work, as well. Seems strange, but a lot of men attest to exactly that.

Funny story about Karissa, I made a slight jab at her when she went off on Ubisoft saying; "Don't you have more men to falsely accuse of sexual harassment?" Instead of telling me why I was wrong she called me a dumbass and told me to fuck myself. She then blocked me. As someone who was a victim of a sex crime I can safely tell you that this isn't how a majority of victims react to people disbelieving them. This is the attitude you see from clout chasers or women who are part of whisper networks.

Last edited:
Yes, exactly. He must not have been aware enough of what kind of a rabbit hole we're in as a modern society these days. It's not safe to engage with women in the work space in the west. Now, apparently - outside of work, as well. Seems strange, but a lot of men attest to exactly that.
Who could fathom things would turn out like this? That by doing complety normal things in 2012, like getting drunk with a girl (I don't buy in to the whole 'fed her drinks', it takes two to tango) and getting a little frisky (when she said no, he backed of like a, in her words, gentleman) you get vilified years later? There's no way he could be aware of that, he could only have avoided that by being a completely different person. Someone who doesn't like to get drunk and mess around a bit, and well, he simply is not that dude.

Who could fathom things would turn out like this?

I am sorry for saying it - but you, apparently. Really, speak with guys who have been the victim of unfair divorce ''deal'' or false rape accusation to further inform yourself how bad things are in reality. Avellone further painted a target on his forehead by a sum of what I'd call ''idiot'' Twitter posts. This shit can be tracked!

I am sorry for saying it - but you, apparently. Really, speak with guys who have been the victim of unfair divorce ''deal'' or false rape accusation to further inform yourself how bad things are in reality. Avellone further painted a target on his forehead by a sum of what I'd call ''idiot'' Twitter posts. This shit can be tracked!
I dunno, sounds a bit too blackpilled to me. I've done similar things as those Chris is now accused of i.e. getting drunk with girls and try to sleep with them, with varying success. None of that has come back to bite me in the ass and none of those girls hold it against me, or worse, claim that in hindsight I, being the man, should have made sure they wouldn't drink to much and am at fault for everything that happened afterwards.

Chris got unlucky by running in to this nasty sociopath and is being unfairly cancelled for it. My respect for a guy like David Cernat who puts in the time and effort to try and clear his name.

Good on you Chris!
Also, even when I have been both dry heave drunk and high it has never impaired my judgement so much that I couldn't refuse sex, or make autonomous decisions on my own. I knew not to drive, I knew not to get in the lake. If anything it made me more honest with myself that night lol :drunk::wiggle: :shock: :oops:

(still probs best for both to be drunk rather than just one, or neither even tho it wasn't the case for myself. No regrets tho)

I've been in a situation where I was falsely accused by my own wife shortly after we had a discussion about breaking up because things obviously weren't working between us. There is no worse feeling in the world than being picked up by cops, frisked, cuffed, paraded in front of a police Sargent and held in a cell because someone lied about events that took place between two adults. Well, that's not true, burying my first born was probably the shittest thing ever to happen so far in life, so far.

But you can't expect much from humans now a days, everyone's part of the victim class, well unless you're a straight white male, then obviously you're the oppressor of the rest of all humans, environments and other creatures. Honestly, Thank the collective effort of cooperative humans that have created such mind numbing entertainment like books, video games and movies. Solitude is Solace.

Anyway not going for a pity party response, just trying to convey that being the victim of falsehoods and dipshits casting shade against your character is painful as fuck and probably only burying your own children compares to the type of resent it fills you with.

I want to take this as good news, but it's hard to feel positive about any of this crap, no matter who the victim ends up being. I can't really make character judgements on someone I don't know. Though if it means a talented writer stays in the industry, I guess that is a net positive. There are few enough of those as it is, and even fewer who actually gain any public notoriety for it.

Who would have guessed, a jealous, petty woman is a toxic slag...this is why they need to keep the ladies out of the games industry (let them start their own companies), otherwise shit will ensure. These people are fucking mental cases...

ht_zoey_quinn_mt_141029_16x9_992.jpg

Who would have guessed, a jealous, petty woman is a toxic slag...this is why they need to keep the ladies out of the games industry (let them start their own companies), otherwise shit will ensure. These people are fucking mental cases...

ht_zoey_quinn_mt_141029_16x9_992.jpg
I hate to say it as a lady myself but this is true. Feminism today has taught women that there is power and money in victimhood. A woman today in feminist circles are not judge based on their merits or hard work but by how much of a victim they are. This also has a lot to do with female nature. The entertainment industry in the West has a very twisted view of women in that they are perfect angels who are never at fault. That isn't the case. Women are very petty and vindictive. When it comes to competition men compete to see who is the best. With women they tear the competition down and try to make themselves look good in comparison. I always laugh when feminist bring up things like bullying and toxic masculinity. They however never want to talk about the elephant in the room which is toxic femininity and the epidemic of girls bullying and tormenting other girls. I have always stated that the concept of the Sisterhood is just a giant lie.

Yeah, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water though. A lot of feminism today focuses on men's issues as well as children's issues too. It has it's problems sure, but not all bad.

Many issues with the left today are related to what I like to think of as the "Buzzfeed left".

At first I didn't want to watch through the 40 minute video because I thought it would be a he-said, she-said thing. But its all solid evidence through documented tweets, texts, posts, etc. - although not to the extreme of having surveillance in people's hotel rooms (but the absence of evidence is not evidence of wrongdoing).

All of the written evidence shows that the people involved were drinking buddies (they did not work together), were enthusiastic about drinking in excess, were okay being comically flirty or even talking about things of a sexual nature with each other, and expressed unconditional admiration towards each other numerous times in writing during the period when the alleged acts took place.

Anyway I usually believe accusers if it seems to be a demonstrable pattern, there is corroborating evidence, or there is no possible ulterior motive. I don't know what motivates people to change their story after so long in this type of situation (virtue signaling, camaraderie, attention-mongering?). He didn't seem to have any hold over them except friendship and niche fame. The evidence seems to go against their accusations. If what they say happened really happened, I don't know why they would keep him in their friend group.

Regardless of what actually happens in this case or others, most people still value 1) having an impartial system of due process, 2) shunning / punishment in degrees based on the severity of the crimes / grievances, and 3) an opportunity for restitution and forgiveness eventually. Most people in society support accountability for bad actions, but there is a small, vocal group that supports the irrational institution of cancel culture and do not agree with my three listed values.

You can check out the initial NMA reaction when the accusations first broke: thread
I suppose if you feel really riled up by this you can send the YouTube link to the reporters who did the initial reporting.

Many issues with the left today are related to what I like to think of as the "Buzzfeed left".
Buzzfeed Left. I like that. I call most of these modern feminist types like Anita or Quinn Twitter Feminist. Most of the most evil or disgusting things you see many industry feminist say is from Twitter.

Weren't there multiple women who made accusations against him?
Yes, a few more came out with a story. Each one is adressed in the video. My personal favorite is the one that tweeted during a convention in Australia how no man would touch her because she's fat, how's she is going to get drunk and how she's going to hit on every man in the room. 8 years later, she tweets how Chris Avellone sexually harrassed her.

Weren't there multiple women who made accusations against him?
There was one other woman who posted screenshots of an inappropriate text message from their private conversation. However Chris apologised as soon as he was sober. And they remained friends for years after that. For some reason she felt the need to share print screens of that conversation when Karissa started going. Also it turned out that he had misinterpreted her because she texted him while drunk and asked for an exit strategy from her present company. He thought that was an invite and responded with a sexual suggestion. When it was clear to him that he had made a mistake he apologised. And as I wrote they remained friends after that.

e: I'm not saying he's a saint but these women clearly have some problems of their own and they didn't think anything of it when it happened. But several years later when the mob is in town they feel the urge to chime in. I think they probably have deeply unsatisfying lives of their own and when the ideological climate is like it is they can weaponise their past to inflict pain and hurt others.

Last edited:
Back