Chris Avellone redeemed

So I'm probably gonna piss off about 99% of you, but I feel this defence is very flimsy at best. Proving your innocence with a bunch of deleted tweets doesn't really prove innocence.
Granted the accusations were pretty flimsy anyway. Conventions usually end up as drinking seshes, so the idea of both of them getting drunk and fucking makes sense to me. Neither could technically consent and if both did consent, then it was under the influence of which there isn't really a president for in law.

Here's my conclusion, Chris can probably be a bit of a prick and a bit forward, but I don't think anything is "cancel" worthy within what I've come to.
He's probably a a bit creepy when drunk, but nothing which results into sexual assault or of the like.

Honestly, the fact the legal system is so fucked when it comes to such situations that you'd think (and hope) it would be fixed as to avoid a situation where mob mentality overrides actual justice.

I stand by the fact that in a just World, the system would be fixed and take such allegations seriously enough that we don't hear about it until the conclusion of the case. Otherwise it becomes a shitshow with everyone thinking they are self righteous and whoever disagrees with them is the worst possible person.

Legally I don't think you can give consent to sex if you're drunk, although, I have been pretty drunk a few times and I really don't think I wasn't able to say no. This only applies to myself just to be clear. If both are drunk then I don't think anyone is at fault in this case unless you can prove there was a premeditated plan to get both people drunk to have sex or whatever. I don't really feel comfortable speculating any further though.

Forbes is writing about it now:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...ing-light-obsidian-developer/?sh=2964e4529ff9

Legally I don't think you can give consent to sex if you're drunk, although, I have been pretty drunk a few times and I really don't think I wasn't able to say no. This only applies to myself just to be clear. If both are drunk then I don't think anyone is at fault in this case unless you can prove there was a premeditated plan to get both people drunk to have sex or whatever. I don't really feel comfortable speculating any further though.

Forbes is writing about it now:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...ing-light-obsidian-developer/?sh=2964e4529ff9

Yeah, I meant legally you can't consent if drunk.
If both of you are drunk, then there's nothing the law can really do as both parties aren't at fault.

And yeah, I'm not comfortable with discussing it either. The situation is fucked regardless.

I refuse to believe one side or the other at this point.

I need to wait for more investigation into the matter and at this point talking about Chris Avellone makes me a little uncomfortable.

Oh, okay that's fair. I was reading that and I can handle grammar mistakes but I was like holy shit don't tell me mobucks really thinks it's president hahaha.

Oh, okay that's fair. I was reading that and I can handle grammar mistakes but I was like holy shit don't tell me mobucks really thinks it's president hahaha.

I laughed so hard at that last bit the bit of poo I'm trying to get out plopped into the toilet.

So I'm probably gonna piss off about 99% of you, but I feel this defence is very flimsy at best. Proving your innocence with a bunch of deleted tweets doesn't really prove innocence.
Granted the accusations were pretty flimsy anyway. Conventions usually end up as drinking seshes, so the idea of both of them getting drunk and fucking makes sense to me. Neither could technically consent and if both did consent, then it was under the influence of which there isn't really a president for in law.

Here's my conclusion, Chris can probably be a bit of a prick and a bit forward, but I don't think anything is "cancel" worthy within what I've come to.
He's probably a a bit creepy when drunk, but nothing which results into sexual assault or of the like.

Honestly, the fact the legal system is so fucked when it comes to such situations that you'd think (and hope) it would be fixed as to avoid a situation where mob mentality overrides actual justice.

I stand by the fact that in a just World, the system would be fixed and take such allegations seriously enough that we don't hear about it until the conclusion of the case. Otherwise it becomes a shitshow with everyone thinking they are self righteous and whoever disagrees with them is the worst possible person.
I don't really understand what you're saying. They didn't have sex. Neither of them is claiming they had sex.

This is also why Chris is probably going to have a hard time with this case.
No one really accused him of doing anything bad it seems? It's pretty surreal. She said and he said he gave out free drinks to everyone and then they agreed that they shouldn't have sex, and he wasn't creepy about it, and then for some reason the media ran headlines like "Chris Avellone has drugged and raped countless women".

I don't really understand what you're saying. They didn't have sex. Neither of them is claiming they had sex.

This is also why Chris is probably going to have a hard time with this case.
No one really accused him of doing anything bad it seems? It's pretty surreal. She said and he said he gave out free drinks to everyone and then they agreed that they shouldn't have sex, and he wasn't creepy about it, and then for some reason the media ran headlines like "Chris Avellone has drugged and raped countless women".
Yeah, that's a good point. He wasn't really accused of anything obviously libelous, but on the other hand he can certainly prove he was financially damaged by it, being let go from basically everything.

Back