Contraptions Workshop

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Jogre, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Jogre

Jogre It's all JO'Ger now

Oct 25, 2015

Was Browsing Imgur and found this. Looks like FO4 is getting another round of shitty Workshop DLC. GG Bethesda.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  2. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    • [Like] [Like] x 6
  3. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Or working ladders?

4. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    Hey heeeey now... Don't get crazy. I mean, ladders?
    That's asking for far too much.

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  5. Jogre

Oct 25, 2015

Modders.

• [Like] [Like] x 7
  6. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Woah, that's some sorcery here. Even Fallout 4 didn't go that far!

7. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    IIRC the problem with ladders is the NPC's using them, not the player.

Still, neat mod.

8. Jogre

Oct 25, 2015
    All the modders who are smart enough to make this kind of thing, are smart enough not to make it for Fallout 4.
    Having a cake that only the player can use, is still better than not having a cake at all.

9. Ediros

Ediros Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 4, 2016
    Well, is anyone here surprised by that?

Still, the title itself is not something that makes me question what will the dlc be about. Probably, a lot of worthless gadgets like: Giant Blender that sucks in all the raiders, desk fan of doom, lawnmover machine gun or something as ridiculous. We already have got bowling bowl launcher, so they will push it even further.

Hopefully it will be even worse than Wasteland Workshop, that way they will lose even more trust.

10. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    Pretty much all of Bethesda's latest games about about only allowing the player to have the cake.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. Jogre

Oct 25, 2015
    Guess so, but with the ladders thing, it wouldn't take away that much if NPCs can't use them, whereas Bethesda games with there no-consequences for actions, and stupid settlement building actively take away from the world-building side.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  12. mrpeng1

mrpeng1 First time out of the vault

May 17, 2016
    Knew that more workshop DLC was incoming, did not know it would be as lazy as this (charging us for elevators and bridges, seriously?!?).

13. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    No, we don't know yet. Those elevators and bridges are mods, nothing says that the DLC will be about that.

14. Chud

Chud Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 8, 2015
    Maybe the Gunner-style lifts we find on broken bridge-forts? And isn't this one a bit larger file-size compared to the first settlement DLC? I think I saw something like 250MB. Nothing gigantic at all. The funny thing is, this stuff would have made sense to release early on, like right around the game release, when people are just starting settlement building. Now, what's the bother? Most of my places are filled out.

15. Mr Fish

Sep 11, 2010
    Replayability?

16. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    Wait, are you implying that bethesda would rip off pre-existing mods and try to sell them as new features?
    That's crazy talk!

17. Spacemunkey

Spacemunkey Vault Senior Citizen

Dec 4, 2015

• [Like] [Like] x 9
  18. Cethlenn

Cethlenn First time out of the vault

Jun 13, 2016
    Aren't they trying to sell a remake of Skyrim with the mods built in?

19. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Well they're doing good...
    7vf1aU2.png

• [Like] [Like] x 10
  20. Chud

Chud Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 8, 2015
    Eh, I'm a cheap bastard that'll squeeze as much replay value as I can out of a game, to the point of complete exhaustion. Whenever I try to imagine replaying Fallout 4 from the beginning or from an earlier save, I cringe. Hard.

I got the season pass, so I'll toy around with this stuff for a bit; I already have plans of adding elevators to a few places, but these bits of DLC leave little excitement for me after how the whole build your own arena didn't even work. Making my very own Rube Goldberg Machine gives me this awful feeling that brass balls are going to fly, things are going to jam, items will clip through and fall, and I will cry, like a small child bearing witness to his ice cream cone having fallen to the ground.

• [Like] [Like] x 1