Deus Ex Human Revolution

Barrett said:
Whoa, what atmosphere did they do? I thought SE was the publisher and CGI-awesomeness maker. If they have to do anything about the gameplay itself I am pretty much worried.

You're right . Japanese guys did CGI . The thing they mostly pwn .

Also :
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Eidos-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-More-Than-25-Hours-Long-29425.html

Only thing is we have to wait 2 months .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6JTvzrpBy0[/youtube]

At the end of trailer , if that is possible in game , although i don't see why not if there's ample stock of augmentations , well then hot DAMN!

sea said:
The only thing I don't really like about the game so far is the art style and the voice acting.

I like the "Blade runner-esque" art/ atmosphere of the game.

The NPC voice acting isn't all that bad IMO from what I have heard but I agree that the 'badass' lines from the protagonist are out of place and need to be toned down.

I agree with the positive points you listed and I would like to add:

-the premise of 'choices and consequences' although it remains to be seen how these will be implemented and how important they are in shaping the story.

Its not so much that the graphics are bad, they look really nice IMO.

What could be more a problem is the style, Deus Ex 1 was futuristic but it was still very recognizable from our point in time, building style, vehicles and so on.

Human Revolution in some ways looks far more futuristic than even Invisible War even if the technology is 'less' sophisticated.

Dues Ex feelt actually closer to a timeline like our current precense where the "futuristc" changes have been more visible in the political system and the way technology has been uitilized. Organisations either hidden or openly have been controling a large part of the world. Nations which have been former super powers namely Europe and the USA played in the future of Deus Ex only a rather minor role particularly their gouvernements which have been compared to corporations and organisations not only less powerfull but as well controled by them. A large part of the story was around it and how the player would decide for him self and who he would support.

One thing that I really liked about Deus Ex in the end and I hope the third game will be exactly the same is that the story didnt forced some kind of choice down to your throat. There was really NO kind of judgment or bias. You would only have the groups and individual characters with their motivations and it was up to you as the player to judge. Some actions and personalities have been "better" others "worse" and it made for a overall very realistic representation of the NPCs Tracer Tong was not worse compared to the Iluminati or Majestic 12 everyone simply shared a different vision and different view to the world. I liked that very much. Deus Ex was one of those few games where characters and interactions feelt authentic and believable. It was not just like everything in the world was simply waiting for you because youre the "chosen one" or because youre the center of the story. It feelt mature to say that. I hope Deus Ex 3 will step in the same direction.

LinkPain said:
Square did a good job on the overall atmosphere and visuals . And they ripped off a lot from Ghost in The Shell , which in my opinion is a good thing since that manga and movie is a true cyberpunk experience .

I prefer the series, it's got a better world setting.

As for the game, looks decent, but I'm not a fan of stealth-FPS (except Thief) and cover systems. Not sure if the RPG elements will make up for that, but worth a try I guess.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Its not so much that the graphics are bad, they look really nice IMO.

What could be more a problem is the style, Deus Ex 1 was futuristic but it was still very recognizable from our point in time, building style, vehicles and so on.

Human Revolution in some ways looks far more futuristic than even Invisible War even if the technology is 'less' sophisticated.
\

I think this is actually a reboot, which made me puke in my mouth when I heard it. Not that I'm against reboots, but they only make sense if the source material is severely dated, which Deus Ex is not.

Oh common, from what we know things could have been much much worse. I mean it could have been a travesty à la Fallout 3 or they could easily have turned the series into another shallow FPS. (X-com :()

At least they seem to try to keep the important elements from the previous games.

PainlessDocM said:
Oh common, from what we know things could have been much much worse. I mean it could have been a travesty à la Fallout 3 or they could easily have turned the series into another shallow FPS. (X-com :()
well actually we still dont know everything. It could still be just that. They have shown some stuff. But if the situations are rather short and just the exception then the rule ...

I guess we have to wait and see. I am confident. Somewhat. But I still believe it could be a game not close (enough) to Deus Ex.

JC had the perfect voice for one liners; the only good voice acting in the game (humour should always be 100% serious).

"You have 5 seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of NSF casualties"

I think that was one of the "charme" the game had. Feelt kinda ... like a action movies from the 80s :D

Laserswords ? Our ancestors fought with Uzis !

sea said:
On a side note, did anyone notice how drastically the NSF warehouse base changes between the initial mission and your return to it? It's like two totally different designers worked on it, even the interior layout has somehow been altered over the course of a few days.
I always noted that and just rationalized it with the whole esploding of the generator. Of course a minor explosion could add walls to a building.

sea said:
34thcell said:
JC had the perfect voice for one liners; the only good voice acting in the game (humour should always be 100% serious).
I thought Bob Page, Manderley, Paul, Walton Simons, Gunther, Anna and the other main characters had pretty good voices. The real problem were some of the miscellaneous NPCs, especially in Hong Kong... apparently they actually did get Chinese people do play the roles, which makes it all the more sad just how bad some of the acting is in that part of the game, maybe even a little racist due to how stereotypical some of the accents are.

On a side note, did anyone notice how drastically the NSF warehouse base changes between the initial mission and your return to it? It's like two totally different designers worked on it, even the interior layout has somehow been altered over the course of a few days.

Hong Kong's voices were stellar next to Paris. Oh god, that was dreadful.

I think the first building held the security measures to protect the second building.

Once those were down UNATCO could attack the main building.

Dutch Ghost is correct, those are two entirely separate buildings. JC raids the generator building, while Paul raided the headquarters. It's clear if you pay attention to the game.

))<>(( said:
"You have 5 seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of NSF casualties"

Damn that line was so awesome i had to reload just to hear it again a couple of times :drunk:

OK it does look a little like let's say Assassins Creed , but what about it . If FO3 had everything else on top of its looks it would have been a good game . This looks much more promising .
And frankly it would be too lame not to add cinematic kind of kills , it just needs to show how awesome it can be when you cloak from nowhere and stick a knife into someone .

Did you all see that augmentation menu ? It has tons of options , i just hope the game will be enough of a challenge to make us utilize them all properly and not just button mash .

Heh. I knew about the warehouse but I always assumed you just went back to the generator because...they looked so similar.

I've played the game so any times that I try to get Gunther Hermann to kill all of the terrorists (National Secessionist Forces (NSF) ) at the warehouse by luring them to him, or him to them.

The humor was great...

Gunther Hermann: Again they ignore me. Again they think they have a better punishment for a traitor than a shotgun to the head.

Gunther Hermann: [to JC Denton] I see you, a thief on the roof. My new satellite link has both infrared and the x-ray spectrum. I see your heart beating. I see you are afraid.

Gunther Hermann: [to JC Denton] You are a small, prowling mouse... and dumb like a mouse! You keep coming, like you forget about Agent Navarre. I remember Agent Navarre. I remember for everyone.

Gunther Hermann: [to JC Denton] Yes. Obey your new masters. Come to me...

MTS2_EsmeraldaF_1012168_Gunther_and_his_rusty_metal_bones.jpg

Back