Developers' Choice RPG of the Decade

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Khan FurSainty

Khan FurSainty Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 23, 2009
    He was "talking" about F3.

2. maggit

maggit First time out of the vault

Jun 2, 2008
    Actually the newest version of the mod is more patch-like. Most of the extra content has been cut out and will be re-implemented in a later release, so that it works like an expansion pack rather than a mod.

3. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009

this guys is trolling, no way any person thinks VATS is innovative, even Todd Howard said it was a ripoff of crash time in Burnout or whatever that racing game is called.

4. Dead Guy

Dead Guy Senate Board Director oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 9, 2008
    Or perhaps bullet time from Max Payne. I prefer that, since you actually get to do something during the slow motion parts.

5. coliphorbs

coliphorbs Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 2, 2008
    Grain of salt, man, grain of salt. It's a joke account in case you haven't figured it out yet.

6. fedaykin

fedaykin Vault Fossil

Jul 15, 2007
    Todd fan replied to my replies to NiRv4n4 who was talking about Oblivion. But this just proves that in the eyes of some Beth fans F3 and Oblivion really are one and the same thing :)

7. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    guys, stop dissing him. Hes the NMA forum-mascot.

8. Serge 13

Serge 13 Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    For me the best RPG of the decade is Arcanum...followed closely by Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines! :mrgreen:

btw, i would love to know Leonard Boyarsky's Favorite RPG of the past decade.

9. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    That's good to know. Haven't really kept up with Co8 for years now. I'm amazed they're still active, wonder if anyone there still remembers that I founded the site. :)

10. UncannyGarlic

UncannyGarlic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 6, 2008
    Yeah, yeah, President Gore, we all know that you invented the internet, you don't need to bring it up every chance you get :P

11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Founded then left? Or were you one of those guys kicked out of the team? Not sth to be proud of, lulz :lol:

12. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
    Believe it or not, Co8 was originally (back before the game was released) going to be a Polish ToEE fansite. I asked Rex Exitium to make the layout for me, and he proposed we start a general ToEE fansite in English too (the Polish version that started the whole thing doesn't even exist anymore).

The fansite wasn't actually a very successful one - other sites were better and more popular. Then, as soon as the game came out, we were the first ones to actually open a modding board, so all the modders suddenly came to our forum and started working on mods. When they made the first version of Co8 patch long before there was any official one, and after we were slashdotted, we had to change hosts thrice. So it became predominately a modding site, and since I was never much of a modder, I kinda lost interest in running the site myself years ago. Looks like I still have admin rights there, though. :)

Some time later Rex tried to change Co8 into a Hellgate: London fansite (wtf?) but the community told him it was a dumb idea, so he eventually started Hellgate Guru instead.

13. Khan FurSainty

Khan FurSainty Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 23, 2009
    It must be touching to see one of your "children" prosper. :wink:

14. d_seven

d_seven First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2009
    my choice:
    arcanum, divine divinity, torchlight, gothic II: die nacht des raben, ToEE...as you see, NO PA RPG for me in last decade...

i'm too... where is this man, guys? any interview?

15. egalor

egalor Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 20, 2007
    No A.D.O.M. mentioned in the decade? That's just not right. It is actually the game that re-defined the whole genre of rogue-like RPGs.

As for Herr Cain - I can understand him. Oblivion is not a bad game (although I didn't enjoy for long time due to its dullness and monotony of closing 100+ identical oblivion portals), but it _is_ one of the best sandbox games that the world has ever seen.

16. Black

Black Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 21, 2007
    I know he's trolling but you're seriously underestimating people's stupidity.

17. cratchety ol joe

cratchety ol joe Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 2, 2008
    Fallout 1 release date: 1997
    Fallout 2 release date: 1998

As such neither of these are 'last decade' 2000 - 2010

So all those that are 'in shock' etc as to why these were not included need to check their pip-boy's and ensure the chronometer is accurate.

18. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    ^There was still plenty of RPGs better than Oblivion this decade.

19. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    Funny.

If ToEE had had the user-modability of NWN it would be huge to this day. The OC isn't great, sure, but next to the OC for NWN it's King Lear. And unlike NWN, ToEE is actually attractive to look at and has fun combat.

Okay, I'll stop bashing NWN now. :D

20. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
    BTW, funny that Co8 is actually still more active than Hellgate Guru, given how Rex tried to make a site about a "dead" game into one about a new and popular one.