Disco Elysium OUT NOW (previously: No Truce With The Furies)

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Gaspard, Jun 7, 2016.

1. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Dedman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    It's not a FPS.

2. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    It was sold in a bundle with Underrail...

They should have known better than to sell their game with the ultimate timesink.

3. Kohno

Kohno Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok. I see there is actually little interest. :D

Leave it be, lest we all be...

4. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Joking aside, I'm really interested, had to force myself to stop browsing the thread on Codex and watch letsplay.
    I'll propably pick it up somewhere next month, when I have money and time.

Really great to see that it sold well enough for them to plan DLC and sequel.

5. Squadcar

Squadcar Still closed. Still closed.

Jun 1, 2018
    I died sitting in a chair, from the chair.

6. Petrox

Petrox First time out of the vault

Mar 15, 2018
    I'd forgotten about this game coming out! I'll definitely be getting it, possibly even this upcoming weekend. I would absolutely love for it to become available for tablets, I prefer to play these kinds of games on them. Very excited :)

7. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    Best RPG ad

8. Dragula

Dragula Stormtrooper oTO Orderite

Nov 6, 2008
    This is the best game this decade.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  9. Squadcar

Jun 1, 2018
    It's definitely in my top 5 of the decade.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. Dragula

Nov 6, 2008
    No other game has made it so funny to be an alcoholic racist doom calling cop.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  11. Squadcar

Jun 1, 2018
    Fair. I remember some people getting upset that the developers had opinions on communism vs capitalism (favoring the communism) but from what I saw in the game on my playthrough was that it doesn't reflect too heavily into the game. You could choose to be a superstar cap, doomsday prophecy predicting cop, a sorry cop, a good cop, a bad cop, sober, intoxicated, communistic, Laissez-faire endorsing, racist, against racism. I was impressed. It doesn't seem to shove an agenda down your throat. I think you could even identify as centrist via a thought.

I think I started off as a sorry cop, then became a superstar cop. I also endorsed the Laissez-faire market and was a good cop who only drank and did psychedelics a few times.

12. Dragula

Nov 6, 2008
    Yeah there is an achievement for defending centrism. I also felt that they didn't push any real opinions down their throat, it is more like "You are insane, have fun with it" and it is lovely.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  13. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    More than 2 months after you posted this, but better late than never.

I think this is something to do with NMA being... well, more focused on shitpiling on Bethesda, even if only indirectly by discussing Outer Worlds. Oh, right, Outer Worlds. Could be that, too... If I'm being optimistic, I guess Fallout et tu dominated the stage in this forum (and rightfully, I'd say).

Either way, I don't care. This is MY 2019 cRPG of the Year, and only because Underrail: Expedition brought too many issues of the base game and crank it up beyond 11. Definitely in my top 5 of the Decade. I could go on writing essays on why Disco speaks to me on a very deeply personal level, but eh... maybe one day.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. Dragula

Nov 6, 2008
    With the fat union boss and his uncomfortable chair? That was a great scene, great writing.

15. Squadcar

Jun 1, 2018
    Yeah. It was very good. Should replay it sometime soon. Next time, I'll be a gigantic asshole. I was mostly nice in the first playthrough.

16. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I'm currently trying an Empathetic Hobo Apocalypse cop run, my first wound up being an Intelligent Centralist Sorry cop with a hint of capitalism.