E3

Wow. There isn't a single game at E3 I'm even remotely interested in. I used to follow Aliens: Colonial Marines, then AvP3 happened and now Gearbox with their constant stream of bullshit just totally killed what little excitement I had for the franchise.

Capcom has released a new trailer of the Devil May Cry reboot, and while the gameplay seems decent enough (it wasn't a given) the art direction and the graphics are mediocre. "Dante" is horrible.

I hate you, Capcom.

The Wii-U seems ridicolous. I don't know if Nintendo will succeed again with this gimmick.

I've never been a big fan of Devil May Cry series, but this...this is heresy. Or at least that's what my friend says. He also promises to make a suicide-bomb attack on Capcom HQ.

It's really sad and quite retarded how they're just desperately trying to force this motion control shit down people's throats, like if they really try hard enough people will buy into it.

That DmC trailer was pretty horrid. That is what Capcom said would change the nay sayer's minds? Right...

The combat in the trailer looked rather clunky, with some pretty sub par animations for Dante. Also, I'm getting "Big Brother" vibes from the cameras following DINO. I guess Tameemte is all about sticking it to da man.

Edit: Looking at the screen that Stan posted, you can tell the game runs on the Unreal Engine for sure. Not to mention "Dante" looks just as stupid as he did in the announcement trailer.

Well, fuck. I liked Fable. Now they're turning it into a rail shooter. Now any criticism I had against 3 is irrelevent.

I'm going to remain optimistic about Dead Island and Jurrasic Park, though.

Also, I personally think that Nintendo always steals the show. A mario game that makes the 3ds worth buying? Shut up and take my coins.

EDIT: Also, Microsoft? Go eat a dick. I'm not buying Kinect. Don't try to tempt me with Fable and Mass Effect.

Wait a minute.. when was the latest Devil May Cry Release? Too lazy to search for Wikipedia right now, but I assume it was something around 2006-08... And they call that a fucking reboot? oO

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
Capcom has released a new trailer of the Devil May Cry reboot, and while the gameplay seems decent enough (it wasn't a given) the art direction and the graphics are mediocre. "Dante" is horrible.

I hate you, Capcom.

I dunno, I actually loved the new trailer; it looks like they didn't touch the basics of what made DMC a fun game, and if I get my awesome slash-fest, I could care less what Dante looks like. As for the art direction, I actually liked how the environments were designed. Graphics don't look stunning, but then there hasn't been a graphical breakthrough worth speaking of in years. Anyway, I know I'll get this game if they release it for PC.

As for E3, nothing at all worth attention. Well, Risen 2 may be fun, but that's about it.

Being a player of EVE and a lover of PS3, I think Dust 514 might be on my list of buys. The trailer looked decent, but its how they want to integrate it with EVE that makes it very interesting.

Brother None said:
What annoys me is that all these gimmicks appear to be degenerating the industry. Fable: The Journey is a friggin rail shooter, Star Wars Kinect looks like shit and also looks linear and boring. Voice commands? Welcome to fucking 1990.

It just feels like we're getting lost in gimmicks which is making the industry grind to a bloody halt and then go backwards with stupid shit.

Oh well.

Yes. I nearly puked laughing at the promo for the voice konnecty thingy. X-BOX MOVIES! X-BOX PLAY MOVIE! X-BOX I'M SOUNDING AND LOOKING PRETTY STUPID!

Just like movies and 3-D. Giant fucking leap backwards.

Just to add some James Rolfe to the mix. FIRE FIRE FIRE. What a shit load of fuck....fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK FUCKFIRE FUCKFIRE FUCKFIRE!

In all seriousness. I'm totally down for computer gaming. I've only played very few console games that have made the grade for me recently. 1. Red Dead Redemption, 2. L.A. Noire (Short but the story itself is pretty good) 3. Punch-Out!! for the Wii.

That's all I can recollect at the moment.

Rail shooter motion-controlled games are the future.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdtvAB2CQgY[/youtube]

Courier said:
If you think that's bad, Clark Kent's disguise consists of a pair of glasses. And no one has any idea that he's Superman.

Gotta love comics. :roll:
That's because he uses Super Hypnotism. No, I'm not kidding.

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
That's what happens when you give the game to a different company, one of a different culture to boot, and give them pretty much free range. They are calling it an origin story but it really doesn't seem to make a lot of sense given the previous games. We'll see if the gameplay is any good and if they capture Dante at all. The graphics currently appear to be pretty bad, though it is a work in progress... I think that this may have a shot at being DMC2-2 though.

The other DMC games haven't been that heavy on story though. Why does everyone suddenly care about it so much?

I think if they manage to sort out the choppy animations and bring the graphics to at least DMC4 level, they have a shot at making a very good game, as the gameplay looks right in the classic DMC vein (i.e. great). I just hope the music used in the trailer isn't an indication of the future game soundtrack quality. That sounded horrid.

Gaddes said:
Not to mention "Dante" looks just as stupid as he did in the announcement trailer.

It's even worse, they changed his haircut and it's ugly as hell.

The other DMC games haven't been that heavy on story though. Why does everyone suddenly care about it so much?

*shrugs* Because it's another thing lost together with the original characterization and tone, I guess. At least that's the reason for me.

PainlessDocM said:
Rail shooter motion-controlled games are the future.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdtvAB2CQgY[/youtube]
When I saw this, I thought it might actually be pretty cool. More because it's Crytek, not because it's Kinect. The way they present it looks very fun and quite realistic, but I have the feeling it will turn out to be a piece of shit.

Same video without douchebags chatting over it:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm-_hDRD2mk[/youtube]

It's even worse, they changed his haircut and it's ugly as hell.

Ah you're right. I just noticed that. Yeah, he does look pretty damn stupid.

I just hope the music used in the trailer isn't an indication of the future game soundtrack quality. That sounded horrid.

I'd like to second this. I'm assuming this is what Ninja Theory had in mind when they said "inspired from music from the underground".

Dante doesn't have that emo hair anymore, which is a + in my eyes. But I've never been big into DMC, mainly because it's not a PC game and the PC ports so far killed my hands because of all the keys you have to press all around. Felt like there is at least a third hand needed to play the game without controller.

SkuLL said:
Same video without douchebags chatting over it:

Thanks. The douchebags were annoying.

Did it seriously go "this is wrong" right before moving into the Kinect section? Because that's about how I feel about it.

Ausdoerrt said:

I'm pretty sure DMC games were heavy on the story, it's just the stories were so insanely stupid no one gave a rats arse about them when there was air juggling to be done.

Back