Fallout 2 mod EcCo Gameplay Overhaul (new version for RPU)

Can't think of how I could've caused this.

Just checking so I don't report bogus issues with the RP.

About power armor - that might be because of changed armor class, only if they have another armor with better AC in their inventory.

This was it. Might cause undue confusion and grief to people who don't figure it out as it's confusing.

This is most strange indeed. Maybe you accidentally click on companion instead of the mine?

Well, I thought so at first, but then I tried 5-6 times and got different companions talking to me instead of the trap being armed. I haven't tried to reproduce it just yet, but I'll see if it happens again.

- This one's very probably yours - explosive traps in mariposa leave brwon splotches on the screen in the place where they explode. Graphical artifacts.
Are you talking about vanilla traps set against player? If so, than it has nothing to do with my mod.
If not, please be more specific, how can I reproduce this?

No, player set traps when mutants walked into them in Mariposa Military Base. I place a home-made trap kit, arm it with a frag grenade, mine explodes and a brown artifact like a blob of paint appears in the general area of the animation. It only happened there (but it's possible it happens with mutants anywhere, since this is the only place I saw a mutant-mine interaction).

Unrelated, Mariposa is another excellent, if not the best possible fight to use mines en-masse in, I had fun even if the enemies posed no threat by the point I got there.

Unfortunately I don't have a save game or screenshot of the Mariposa visual bug. :(

Also, the gecko's do indeed prioritize picking up and using any dry meat (and possibly Iguana on a stick) over attacking the player. Figuring out where this is scripted migh come in handy when making traps/lures :)

I've had a few crashes with burst here and there, just now I had one in the wanamingo mine. I've seen them there before so I don't know if it's your mod or not, but they seem to happen when I'm using AP bullets.

EDIT: I'ts not AP bullets. I've just had 2 crashes in a row happen while bursting regular bullets out of an Assault Rifle. If it's any help it happened on the Ranger Shelter near New Reno - I'd enter the map, enter combat mode, and if the first thing I did was a burst it would crash.

Last edited:
I've had a few crashes with burst here and there, just now I had one in the wanamingo mine. I've seen them there before so I don't know if it's your mod or not, but they seem to happen when I'm using AP bullets.

EDIT: I'ts not AP bullets. I've just had 2 crashes in a row happen while bursting regular bullets out of an Assault Rifle. If it's any help it happened on the Ranger Shelter near New Reno - I'd enter the map, enter combat mode, and if the first thing I did was a burst it would crash.

A savegame would speed up the fixing process considerably.

I'll get you one as soon as it happens next time. It's been happening a lot, so it's bound to be soon.

phobos2077 first nice Mod...

will you make more Versions ?when yes what you are planned??

Is there a list where you can find all Teachers for Mr fixit Crafting?

Yes, I'm working on new version, but the progress been slow. I prefer to post something when there is real work done :)

Added new drug (Carry weight) to craft, fixed some bugs.
Currently working on new graphics for all types of traps (to distinct them visually from vanilla scenery), sensor mine trap (junk + battery, same as explosive trap, except 1 tile radius).

Plans (currently in mind): address excess ammunition and stimpacks problem using hook scripts (easy method), rebalance some critter stats, replace Barter price formula using new sfall function (it will be more consistent and better configurable).
Will try to rebalance random encounters in some extent. Need to really study this first so not to break balance even more.

Current teacher list:
Arroyo Bridge guard (teaches automatically when finish Flint quest)
Vic (Den)
Smithy (Den)
Skeeter (Gecko)
Dr. Johnson (Redding)

Plan to include another doctor (not decided yet who), and maybe Balthas (can't decide what schematics to give him).

I'm considering moving to sfall globals for learned schematics in MrFixit (it's a shame I did not do it in the first place), this means two things:
1) better compatibility with other mods
2) all learned schematics will be lost for existing savegames (I can make code for proper migration to new version, if someone wants it)

phobos2077 first nice Mod...

will you make more Versions ?when yes what you are planned??

Is there a list where you can find all Teachers for Mr fixit Crafting?

Yes, I'm working on new version, but the progress been slow. I prefer to post something when there is real work done :)

Added new drug (Carry weight) to craft, fixed some bugs.
Currently working on new graphics for all types of traps (to distinct them visually from vanilla scenery), sensor mine trap (junk + battery, same as explosive trap, except 1 tile radius).

Plans (currently in mind): address excess ammunition and stimpacks problem using hook scripts (easy method), rebalance some critter stats, replace Barter price formula using new sfall function (it will be more consistent and better configurable).
Will try to rebalance random encounters in some extent. Need to really study this first so not to break balance even more.

Current teacher list:
Arroyo Bridge guard (teaches automatically when finish Flint quest)
Vic (Den)
Smithy (Den)
Skeeter (Gecko)
Dr. Johnson (Redding)

Plan to include another doctor (not decided yet who), and maybe Balthas (can't decide what schematics to give him).

I'm considering moving to sfall globals for learned schematics in MrFixit (it's a shame I did not do it in the first place), this means two things:
1) better compatibility with other mods
2) all learned schematics will be lost for existing savegames (I can make code for proper migration to new version, if someone wants it)

Thank you for the Reply phobos2077

i like to read that you making a new Version when you like i can try make new Arts for You Weapon,Items or what you want.

i like to see more Items in Game ...New Weapons,Ammo,Drugs,Things from Creatures you can Scavenge,and new Misc Items..

for Traps why you not only take Fallout Tactics Arts and make some Changes on it??

Thank you very much for the Teachers List.

For Random Encounters i like more Random Items even for the Merchants in Cities and in Encounters i like more Random Items not every Time the Same..

Balthas is the Guy in Modoc that make Leather Armors like Leather Jacket and Leather Armor right?Why not Leather Jacket make from little Geckos Pelt...Leather Armor from Golden Gecko Pelt..from Fire Gecko Pelt you make better Versions from Leather Armors or a New Fire Gecko Armor that is much better than Leather Jacket and Leather Armor.

haha you have this make very cool ,because i every time played Fallout sharpened the Spear and think every Time in Vanilla why you have the Flint, and not can make more Spears with it sharper also it pass really cool haha.

Can you make some Drugs weaker?for Example the Psycho it gives you +50 DR this make you nearly like a God...i like also that Alcohol gives you more Bonus ...or some Food heals some Tps.Nuka Cola should heals you or gives you a Luck bonus.

i wish you Good Luck with your Mod and hope there will be Soon new Version,because i like it very much.

Last edited:
I have some feedback/idea concerning Balthas.

What happens currently (or did to me on 2 playthroughs) is the crafter which lets you make leather armors is available too early. This then creates a situation where you can actually get leathers for your entire team (including Miria if you're using that mod, and cassidy starts out with one if you're not) by way of crafting which means rather cheaply (provided you've done the gecko skinning quest which I assume people mostly do). Not all that cheapy, I know, but there's hardly any resource drain in getting early game armors that way. Since you can dismantle leather jackets this obsoletes them very soon, while helping you get Leathers Cheaper. In the vanilla, most of the total gold/loot in Klamath, and plenty of it in the Den actually went towards getting leather armors for everybody, what happened now is that I'd get less value out of loot, but it kind of guanrantees you'd have money to burn on buying Vic (especially if a woman), and then you get a companion + leather armor for everybody.

If you tagged repair and invested a bit in it (as I did on my first playthrough, and should've on my second) and boost it enough, you can make Mark II. Leather armor instead. Then you can have a 3-4 man squad in Mark II. leathers without it costing you a dime - disassemble the leather armors for the ropes, golden gecko pelts you allready have (especially if you ran through the Toxic caves using meat as bait), and your team has all the armor you need for a looooong while. If you stack the Toughness perk, you pretty much have all the armor you need forever and you never spend a dime on armor. Not to mention that you probably didn't even do Umbra Tribe, or Metzger fight, or even the Lara-Tyler fight yet. And once you do even Lara-Tyler war, if you have mark II. leathers, you also have all the weapons you need (or rather, the only thing worth investing in is a magnum maybe). Since armors don't drop in random encounters, and weapons, ammo and stims do, being able to get armors so simply and cheaply sort of makes rope the only thing you'll be looking for in shops for a good while.

So maybe move the leatherworking to Balthas entirely? I know that the problem there is that if you don't know you'll need gecko pelts you'll sell them and if you get leatherworking in Modoc you won't have the crafting components. But maybe Vic could teach you to make Jackets and Armors, with the jacket as a component for the armor so you can't just ditch the jackets for pelts and ropes and get free armors. And if then balthas teaches you how to make Mark II. leathers with a regular leather + golden gecko pelts + rope, then the progression sorta feels like an effort (and it should as Mark II. leather kind of obsoletes Metal armor, combat armor in various incarnations is allready all over the map, and you don't really ever need power armor at all + you can find a few suits in various lockers).

EDIT:

So my suggestion for the progression would be:

Jacket -> Rope and 6 silver pelts.
Leather Armor -> Jacket + ??? silver pelts + rope

Balthas:

(possibly) Combat Jacket -> Jacket + ??? Gold Pelts + rope
Leather Mark II -> Leather Armor + ??? Golden Pelts + rope

Last edited:
i like to read that you making a new Version when you like i can try make new Arts for You Weapon,Items or what you want.
Thanks, some kind of drug would be nice (a needle or a bottle, but not based on vanilla icons, which is exactly what I'm doing right now). And I respect consistent quality.. I mean the images should be consistent with the rest art in terms of color palette, sharpness and brightness.

i like to see more Items in Game ...New Weapons,Ammo,Drugs,Things from Creatures you can Scavenge,and new Misc Items..
I'm very cautious when in comes to adding new items... As a backstory, I'm a fan of STALKER series you know. I've been into STALKER modding and the biggest thing that annoyed me through 95% of the mods is TOO MUCH stuff just thrown into the game. Inconsistent graphics, unbalanced stats of weapons, armor, etcetera. I really hate when in RPG-kind of game, at the very start you get a lot of powerful equipment (like AK-74 or VSS-Vintorez in beginning of Call of Pripyat, if you played it...). So I will not be adding many new weapons and drugs, for sure. I will try to add new stuff but that will have to be prioritized lower than actual rebalance (because this is how this thread is called). Currently I'm thinking about one new assault rifle, one shotgun, and maybe one SMG (14mm SMG would be real game-changer), some new ammo types. Also craftable stealth cloak (basically Robes with stealth bonus when worn + some scripted "cookies"), craftable food that heal, items dropped from other types of creatures to be sold or crafted from (like cut out a Claw from Deathclaw and make a knife from it using flint ;)). That's just thoughts, not promises :) And I want every new feature to be balanced and blend nicely into the game. But rebalance comes first...

for Traps why you not only take Fallout Tactics Arts and make some Changes on it??
Too lazy to install Tactics just for that :P

@lujo: thanks for useful feedback! I'll look into that.

Thanks, some kind of drug would be nice (a needle or a bottle, but not based on vanilla icons, which is exactly what I'm doing right now). And I respect consistent quality.. I mean the images should be consistent with the rest art in terms of color palette, sharpness and brightness.

I'm very cautious when in comes to adding new items... As a backstory, I'm a fan of STALKER series you know. I've been into STALKER modding and the biggest thing that annoyed me through 95% of the mods is TOO MUCH stuff just thrown into the game. Inconsistent graphics, unbalanced stats of weapons, armor, etcetera. I really hate when in RPG-kind of game, at the very start you get a lot of powerful equipment (like AK-74 or VSS-Vintorez in beginning of Call of Pripyat, if you played it...). So I will not be adding many new weapons and drugs, for sure. I will try to add new stuff but that will have to be prioritized lower than actual rebalance (because this is how this thread is called). Currently I'm thinking about one new assault rifle, one shotgun, and maybe one SMG (14mm SMG would be real game-changer), some new ammo types. Also craftable stealth cloak (basically Robes with stealth bonus when worn + some scripted "cookies"), craftable food that heal, items dropped from other types of creatures to be sold or crafted from (like cut out a Claw from Deathclaw and make a knife from it using flint ;)). That's just thoughts, not promises :) And I want every new feature to be balanced and blend nicely into the game. But rebalance comes first...

Too lazy to install Tactics just for that :P

@lujo: thanks for useful feedback! I'll look into that.

I Also like the Stalker games and was very happy i have seen this...http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthread.php?191997-FO2-Oblivion-Lost-(Stalker)-Mod

but then when i play it ,i have often Crashes or Errors so i dont play anymore.

New version: http://yadi.sk/d/xtRF42dPJTVjZ

v0.5:

• fixed Mr.Fixit dialog skipping craft items
  • fixed getting "trap kill XP" when target not actually killed
  • fixed crash when shooting walls
  • Taser stats improved
  • proper ground image for axe
  • added Hercules drug (Carry Weight bonus)
  • traps changes:
    • new Proximity mine (junk+battery), 1 tile radius
    • explosions damage calculation changed, critters at 1 tile from explosion will receive the same damage as in epicenter
    • easier arming of "customizable" mines (see TRAPS section)
    • new unique graphics of traps on ground
    • one spike trap can now be used only twice
    • possible stability improvements
  • added advanced drugs and leather armor teacher
  • craft menu can now be accessed with hotkey: Ctrl+C
  • source code file structure refactoring
  • micro fusion cell mag size reduced (1 full cell will still charge car with 50% power, so this wasn't affected)
  • some "lesser" critters made tougher (Tough Giant Ant, Large radscorpion, Deathclaws)
  • added loot reducing in corpses

IMPORTANT: if you are going to upgrade from previous version of mod with existing savegame:
1) backup your savegames before installing new version
2) in current savegame: remove all installed traps from ground in all maps, then save
3) install mod and load

Learned schematics from previous savegames should remain (except that some of the drugs have to be learned from new teacher), I put a system in there just for that.

Plans:
  • fix bugs :)
  • add perfect barter price formula, using new sfall feature
  • make first pass on random encounters (small changes)
  • research ways to reduce loot in containers on maps

Last edited:
So I've been through some of lujo suggestions, namely:
- nerfed down ability to generate ammo with free weapon upgrades,
- made EPA-area encounters harder to pass (they were really nasty actually.. don't know if it's RP or vanilla, just check my interactive encounters map)
- some other minor stuff from RP review thread

1) I'll not remove group vs group encounters. They are great flavor of the game (my brother almost killed me for this suggestion :D ). I need to study myself or if someone else share his experience with such encounters, in regards to what encounters allows you to step back and wait without participating parties not even attacking you. Their scripts could probably be changed so they be hostile (like confusing player for the enemy or being mad at player because he didn't help).
2) Random encounters distribution in general look thought-out and balanced. Maybe we could raise encounter difficulty (in terms of outdoorsman skill check) somewhere around San Fran area. In general, I don't think it's a good idea to make encounters harder (they're pretty nasty as they are in some areas). To make player reward/effort ratio balanced (I'm talking about locations like EPA or SAD), the only sensible way I see is to either reduce the reward (like removing some items from containers) or make those locations harder (that will most likely require to edit maps.. however, I could make scripted solution: it is very easy to spawn additional enemies on first enter in some location, if there were already some).
3) I've been thinking about new ways for player to make income... One of the main points of my rebalance initially was to force player buy ammo. New prices, reduced ammo and stimpaks should do it. However, now there is a problem: where to get all money for ammo? One way is gambling, other way is (in theory) barter. But what if player is not interested in neither. For a combat character the solution might be is to add new "unlimited" quests aside caravan runs. More specifically - "bring X monster items" kind of quests (could be taken from Doctors or scientists; this will require adding new monster parts for deathclaws, mole rats, mantises, etc.), or bounty hunter quests (from sheriffs; "kill bandit/raider/etc. X in his hideout and bring back some item as proof..." I can do this without adding new maps, just by editing worldmap).

The blank pages for me are:
1) Trader roleplay. I want to add ability to make money by raising Barter to some level and then using price differences to make profits. I'm not sure how to do it though... I doubt about script-based or dialog-based solutions because they might not fit where the game already has an inventory system. Also there is a collision with linear price progression: at lower barter levels you can't make ANY profit, because selling prices are very low for everything. Only on highest levels where selling and buying prices are equal, you can make use of price differences.
2) Stealth elements. Is there is hope for stealth to be useful? Any point to expand stealth? As I remember my playthroughs, I always put some points in Sneak early just to avoid golden geckos in Toxic caves so I can return later and collect all their pricy hides... But after that, I don't remember using sneak much. Have years of not playing fallout made me forget, or is there really no much use for stealth?

Your opinions will be welcome...

Last edited:
Hmmm, I must've made my suggestions or thoughts unclear because those don't exactly look look like what I'd suggest (what you list as my ideas)

- Make ammo harder to find through upgrades - I'm still suggesting this one. It's more of a glitch than a sensible feature, and it's only really exploitable with the New Reno basement guy. Other guys are a fine money sink, but the guy in the basment is highly exploitable. If you ever come to him with a larger haul, you're going to have enough ammo for upgradeable stuff for the rest od the game. This is very true with Deagles, FAL's and especially Assault Riffles (which share ammo with miniguns), and even more especially energy weapons. All energy weapons are upgradeable (kind of) and none are upgradeable anywhere but at that guy (far as I know), so the only way not to end up with tons of ammo is to not visit him at all.

- Make EPA encounters harder - now this is the OPPOSITE of what I'd suggest. I tend to visit the EPA while the fights in it are still challenging to a degree, and that's the mid game (ussually after the raiders). EPA has 2 fights in it, the plants at the entry, and the fight at the bottom, if they aren't challenging, then the place really falls flat. There's no fights in the "middle" because the robots ignore you, so it's kind of the best early "dungeon" to visit for me, and doing the fights with early-mid game equipment is really fun there. What happens, however, is that the random encounters AROUND EPA are rather too tough for what seems to be the natural time for me to go there. Packs of aliens, deathclaws and stuff are crazy tough! My suggestion would be to NERF those, making EPA more acessible.

Now for your own thoughts:

- I don't mind group vs group encounters, but I never wait for the other groups to shoot each other, because it's boring. The problem I have is that any encounter with a group of armed humanoids which you can survive (they don't all have mini guns), leaves you with too much ammo and potentially stimpacks. If you also get a lot of upgradeable guns and take them to the New Reno basement, you get a load of ammo on top of that, and if you also land a better gun than you have, you get multiple copies AND a bunch of ammo. The most glaring example is how if you can kill a bunch of random encounter raiders you can have a bunch of grease guns and enough ammo for 2-3 party members right after you leave VC without spending a dime. And after that every time you kill a bunch of dudes, there's ammo comming out of your ears.

- The random encounter distribution DOES look well though out (I loved checking your interactive map, I just haven't given feedback on it yet :) ), the problem is what I mention above - encounters with humanoids leave too much loot by default. The other is that there is no ranged "monsters" so it's kind of impossible to have a random encounter with ranged enemies which doesn't leave behind a dangerous weapon and a bunch of ammo.

- Removing loot from containers in SAD or EPA is what I'd do. There's way too much of it, and I think I know why. It's impossible to load the containers with stuff that isn't either usefull or sells well. And there's nothing to interact with in a dungeon except monsters, computers and containers - if containers aren't there there's nothing meaningfull to do, just empty rooms. And if there's containers, there IS something to do, loot them, but it fills your inventory with loot. EPA doesn't tie your ability to loot containers to your ability to survive fights - once you go down to 3rd level you can loot everything without having a fight. If you go down to lvl 5 and get the scorcher, you can go back top and THEN kill the plants easily without wasting ammo even there. So you kind of get a ton of loot for... not much, really. Certainly no resource drain. SAD is even worse in this regard, because you really don't have to fight for your loot and there's a huge load of it. One way to adress this would be to remove loot - the other to add monsters.

- I like the idea of repeatable quests, very much so. One great thing to do with them would be to tie them to loot that is allready there, as a way for combat characters to acess it while giving the non-combat characters at least a small bit of restriction. The non-combat characters shouldn't really mind, because they don't really depend on loot that much. The way it is now, they get through all their challenges by dialogue, wasting no resources, but STILL get a ton of loot. For example:

A non-combat character can rob the Redding casino easily. You can do this with no probs if your stealth and lockpick is high enough and if you have enough stims/explosives to kill the guard. A purely combat character can't do this at all. If you do this, you get the gold or the items, but you also get a TON of mining chips. It'd be really fun to be able to do repeatable bounty hunter quests for mine owners to get those chips from them, and also tie the ammount of chips in the casino to the nuber of bounties done (since they aren't being stolen, they pile up). You can tie other bounty/monster item quests to the ammount of gold a shop has, as they're improving the economy, so once late game rolls around you don't have to go all over the map to sell of all your loot. Just an idea.

I have a few more, and I'm still thinking about feedback on the random encounters.

- Make ammo harder to find through upgrades - I'm still suggesting this one. It's more of a glitch than a sensible feature, and it's only really exploitable with the New Reno basement guy. Other guys are a fine money sink, but the guy in the basment is highly exploitable. If you ever come to him with a larger haul, you're going to have enough ammo for upgradeable stuff for the rest od the game. This is very true with Deagles, FAL's and especially Assault Riffles (which share ammo with miniguns), and even more especially energy weapons. All energy weapons are upgradeable (kind of) and none are upgradeable anywhere but at that guy (far as I know), so the only way not to end up with tons of ammo is to not visit him at all.
You seem to ignore parts of my post. I addressed that "basement" guy yesterday: new weapons are filled with same amount of ammo (empty if original weapon was empty) and he needs rest before doing more upgrades. This should prevent exploit you describe.

- Make EPA encounters harder - now this is the OPPOSITE of what I'd suggest. I tend to visit the EPA while the fights in it are still challenging to a degree, and that's the mid game (ussually after the raiders). EPA has 2 fights in it, the plants at the entry, and the fight at the bottom, if they aren't challenging, then the place really falls flat. There's no fights in the "middle" because the robots ignore you, so it's kind of the best early "dungeon" to visit for me, and doing the fights with early-mid game equipment is really fun there. What happens, however, is that the random encounters AROUND EPA are rather too tough for what seems to be the natural time for me to go there. Packs of aliens, deathclaws and stuff are crazy tough! My suggestion would be to NERF those, making EPA more acessible.
Ok, I see your point. I'll think about this more...

- I don't mind group vs group encounters, but I never wait for the other groups to shoot each other, because it's boring. The problem I have is that any encounter with a group of armed humanoids which you can survive (they don't all have mini guns), leaves you with too much ammo and potentially stimpacks. If you also get a lot of upgradeable guns and take them to the New Reno basement, you get a load of ammo on top of that, and if you also land a better gun than you have, you get multiple copies AND a bunch of ammo. The most glaring example is how if you can kill a bunch of random encounter raiders you can have a bunch of grease guns and enough ammo for 2-3 party members right after you leave VC without spending a dime. And after that every time you kill a bunch of dudes, there's ammo comming out of your ears.
Again, the recent addition of ondeath loot reducing (in v0.5) should address that. I don't think stealing stimpaks from people in a middle of a combat is too easy :P

- Removing loot from containers in SAD or EPA is what I'd do. There's way too much of it, and I think I know why. It's impossible to load the containers with stuff that isn't either usefull or sells well. And there's nothing to interact with in a dungeon except monsters, computers and containers - if containers aren't there there's nothing meaningfull to do, just empty rooms. And if there's containers, there IS something to do, loot them, but it fills your inventory with loot. EPA doesn't tie your ability to loot containers to your ability to survive fights - once you go down to 3rd level you can loot everything without having a fight. If you go down to lvl 5 and get the scorcher, you can go back top and THEN kill the plants easily without wasting ammo even there. So you kind of get a ton of loot for... not much, really. Certainly no resource drain. SAD is even worse in this regard, because you really don't have to fight for your loot and there's a huge load of it. One way to adress this would be to remove loot - the other to add monsters.
I still think adding more enemies is a way to go. Removing items seems dull somehow...

Oh, well, don't mind what I say if you allready done something, it seemed like you misunderstood me on a few points so I was trying to clear things up (and, err, I was sort of replying all that to YOUR post, so if you've adressed stuff, why worry about it still?).

About removing stuff / adding enemies dillemma. I know... It's not an easy choice to make, and either way could be better on a case by case basis, who knows... Addin enemies, if it works, sounds like a better plan, as the reason some places are too loaded with stuff is that they'd feel empty otherwise. The problem, however, is that monsters come with XP rewards attached (and in some cases more loot!). Also, they pose an obstacle for a non-combat character, or a HtH character, which might be too tough (can't tell).

The places where there is "too much loot" imo are varied, though:

- The raiders have a fine ammount of enemies, but combined loot on raiders and in lockers adds up to a bit too much. The 0.5 version migtv'e fixed this allready.
- SAD allready has plenty of enemies guarding most of the loot, but they don't attack you (pre 0.5). Floor 2 is the major offender here.
- EPA simply fills out its relative "emptiness" with conteiners full of loot. If someone doesn't go for the final fight, it's just too loaded. I'd personaly make rogue holograms, floor turrets and robots guarding the few seriously loot-filled rooms with robots being shut-downable by doing the hologram quest which makes them dissapear, but the other enemies not.
- The ranger safehouses have a fair bit of loot in the containers which you can acess rather easily, and if you kill the rangers that's a lot of ammo (just a thought). I'd personally make one of them a vendor at each safehouse and make the loot unacessible unless you kill them or trade for it.
- The hubologist stash is a bit of joke - it's a huge load for little effort.

There might be more examples. One idea would be to have some of the other "free stuff" hotspots available by completing repeatable missions. Especially if you put them in places which lack combat anyway. Say, Eldrige's basement - it's loaded with stuff and easy to acess. If Eldrige had a repeatable quest you could do a few times about killing Yakuza's/Gangs to help caravan trade around New Reno, this could "load up" his basement gradually instead of it always beeing chock-full of stuff. Another interesting thing to kill as a means to unlocking stuff could be the feral ghouls in the gecko area to unlock various doors in the Vault City vault (you can have the Brain mole rat or someone in Gecko tell you about them as being a problem even to the peaceful ghouls). Killing stuff around Modoc could help turn the sheriff into a proper vendor. Killing stuff around San Fran could unlock more and more stuff for the San Fran vendors to sell... The newly filled BoS bunkers are also ful of loot for no reason now, you could give the guys standing in front of them repeatable quests which would let you acess the bunkers if you make the loot in them appropriate.

The only problem with this is all the XP the player would be getting from grinding the wasteland by doing the quests.

I'll not remove group vs group encounters.
Ok, how about a speech based probability that humanoid random encounters will be NOT hostile to you? It will be a great help for all diplomats.
(Just like Enclave soldiers in encounter after some hacking and joking in Gecko. :grin: )
Also traders with high barter could pay some fee for peace or not pay for war. :mrgreen:
And maybe make robbers encounters always (no speech check) ask for money at the beginning?
Amount of money may be based on your charisma, barter, level, party size.
You can even create a new inavoidable random encounter with greedy tax inspectors... err... I mean robbers. :crazy:
It will be some kind of economic regulator. :cool:

Heavilly armed buggers which in fact rob you seem like a great idea ^^

Also, big props for the 0.5 version - no crashes whatsoever so far, no visual bugs in mariposa.

Also, big props for the 0.5 version - no crashes whatsoever so far, no visual bugs in mariposa.

And I have no idea why :) Maybe code refactoring is a good thing after all.

Added new random-encounter-based quest to Redding sheriff (after the frog morton quest). It will be repeatable. Will add more to someone else.. (maybe Marcus? but he is a possible companion...)
Also plan to add "bring X scorpion tails" kind of quests... New game will not be required (hook-script-based solution, no new scripts or maps, only items).

Back