Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

At least it looks like they put a good amount of effort into the expansion. Whole new island with lots of new enemies, items, quests, and generally stuff to do. I love the return for Oblivion, I passed the SKyrim DLCs so far but I'll probably get this one once its on PC.

Ilosar said:
At least it looks like they put a good amount of effort into the expansion. Whole new island with lots of new enemies, items, quests, and generally stuff to do. I love the return for Oblivion, I passed the SKyrim DLCs so far but I'll probably get this one once its on PC.
Actually, it isn't new island since that island was appeared in morrowind expension named bloodmoon. :lol:

Well, yeah, but it's changed and doesn't have the same layout and all that. They didn't port the Bloodmoon island, they made a new Solstheim is all I'm saying.

Dude you can't see any tits whatsoever.

What's wrong with you, man? We all knew women used to wear armour that had their tits hanging out!

It will go down in history as the first mod in bloody ages that adds armour to women.

Looks quite nice, skirt is a bit over starched but all the guard armours look like that.

sea said:
Mjolnir said:
A few days ago I made my own mod.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28897

What do you think?
Not bad, but... what's with the little satchel being a 2D texture? Kinda ugly.

Do you mean the one in the current texture? It's normal mapped and the mesh sticks out slightly, I'm no modeller so that is the best you can get from me. I'm on the fourth version of the texture right now. Only thing left is matching the mail with the pauldrons. Any other changes you'd prefer?

Despite trying to get into Oblivion multiple times, I was never able to get immersed into a world as broken with bugs and illogical immersion breaking A.I. (escaping guards by jumping on rocks anyone). Is there actually improvements in this new game? I am skeptical given some of the playthroughs and the horrific (yet hilarious) bugs present in them. Still is making me wonder how gaming reviewers never shit on Bethesda for bugs.

I think Skyrim is a lot better then Oblivion. But Oblivion was a new bottom in RPGs for me which I thought was not possible to reach. So there really was no other way then improving for Beth.

Anyway. I think Skyrim has really its moments. But it starts to get as tedious just like Oblivion after some time. Thats what you get with shallow open world games usually. The Dungeons start to repeat them self, the enemies, the game is losing a lot of difficulty, since combat is rather simple despite of Fus Roh Da - also its soooo anoying that the enemy can do the same, that you spend half of your time standing up or searching your weapon on the ground ...

Crni Vuk said:
not in everything I guess

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFIZfuDLEy8[/youtube]

That video's a bit inaccurate. How was that dragon able to kill the player? Skyrim's too easy.

Well the ones encountered at levels 50 and beyond pack one hell of a wallop. And setting the difficulty to maximum provides a decent challenge. But yes you shouldn't be in position to kill even a weak dragon before level 20 at least. The threat just loses all its significance when some chump with a rusty sword can solo it.

Joelzania said:
Crni Vuk said:
not in everything I guess

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFIZfuDLEy8[/youtube]

That video's a bit inaccurate. How was that dragon able to kill the player? Skyrim's too easy.

Not sure if it's just me being too retarded to play the game, but I constantly got my ass kicked by enemies on higher difficulties. Come to think of it, it was the first Gamebryo game where I often died in the wilderness due to some non-levelscaled monsters.

well, if you ask me its more that the combat and skills in skyrim are ... very simple to say that which in turn makes the game at some point very easy.

But it is very difficult to give the player some challenge later on when the game ends in some kind of hack-fest. Because what they usually do then is just inflating the numbers of enemies. But I cant say I always like that approach. Not to mention ... albino scorpions or some hillbilly mutant with more resistance then soldiers in Power armor.

All it means is, you need more potions and an bigger axe.

Call me stupid, but I somehow miss an interesting magic system for example, with curses, spells for defence and offense, some might hate it, but I think D&D is a good example of what I mean. - I mean compared to previous Elder Scrolls games they really simplified the skill system a lot.

I don't say skyrim has to do it exactly like that. Hell now. But I never had the feeling Wizards and magic would be more then some kind of missile luncher in Skyrim. And using your Sword/Axe never more then whacking at something until it dies.

While I agree that the magic is lame, some conjuration spells, or summoning weapons for you is kinda fun. You can also lay traps (=runes), summon other creatures, raise dead etc. Ofcourse this is nowhere near D&D, but if you mix the occasional magic with some archery or one/twohanded fighting it can be fun on high difficulties. The one thing that still leaves a sour taste in my mouth is the blandness, or rather, everything is the fucking same in Skyrim. NPC dont have personalities, every dungeon is the same and so on. If not for this, the game could've been a lot better.

These days I start it up each odd day or so, spend an hour or two fighting a bit, try out some mod or so, then I won't touch it again for some days, rinse and repeat. If you approach the game like that it's ok IMO.

I think that at higher levels enemies just become big sponges of health. I don't know if it's me though, because when you summon two dremora lords to fight for you they seem to dominate anything and I just sit back and laugh at exploiting the soul trap spell on a dead horse.

I only remember one time that sticks out in my memory where I got killed was round about level 20 when I faced a gang of bandits and there were two bandit pillagers or something. I was beheaded, and the game didn't let me even whip out several minor health potions. BS

Back