Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be an awful lot of limb-crippling going on when falling down. Killap, what new condition did you put for this?

SkynetV4 said:
Does the infinite party members mod work with this expansion?

Not completely. Since Killap's patch (and expansion) includes various corrections to party member's scripts, you can't just include the Infinite Party Member mod and expect things to work perfectly. The game will work, but if you include it, expect to lose out on some fixes that affect party members.

- I had the two laddie bug going on too, strangely enough.

*spoiler*
- When fighting the Deathclaw under the Abbey, two strange things were going on :
Companions would hit it for 34 damages half of the time (even if using a small knife or PUNCHING it (Miria doing 34 damages to a Deathclaw was funny to see). I uninstalled the ammo mod since then tho, and I think this was what caused it, so reporting this bug may be useless since it's not part of the expansion anymore

Something else about the Deathclaw, after being crippled he would run everywhere and end up behind the walls. Basically he would go to the "green" area to change of zones, and go behind the "cavern" walls. I had to constantly go out of combat, hide behind a pillar, wait a few minutes for him to walk around and eventually come back in and then attack him (once), see him run away and then do it all again.

I'm in need of help - I got the bucket from Primitive Tribe stolen in the Den by the damn kids and it didnt appear in the merchant stock and I couldnt find the kid with it. Is there a way to spawn it via console or something?

BTW - I can't find neither the slavers camp (and Metzger told me where it is) or the vault village. Where should I look for them?

Sulik Sister

Got to the slaver camp, got the key, after sulik talking to his sis and failed lockpicking. Tried to open the door, but sulik sis say:
Get away from me you horrible person!
I'm sure that i'm not bad, I have karma 654 and I'm a Champion.
Bug?

you are close now killap but no, give me back my book and computer the way they were, you know, it is fun to select skill after skill, it fun to read the description of them all. The 999 thing was nice tho.

but how hard can it be, just give the people that want it the files they need to make it work. IF he can make an expansion and a patch that fix hundreds of bug's, he can do that.

Per said:
There seems to be an awful lot of limb-crippling going on when falling down. Killap, what new condition did you put for this?
Apparently something too high.

The check before it is one that determines whether you even get hurt. This roll was in place and was
Code:
do_check(x, STAT_ag, -8);
Next I there was the old check which obviously didn't work. I thus changed it to
Code:
do_check(x, STAT_ag, -9);

I've only recently (before releasing the mod though) noticed that the value you use (-9 in the later) seems to not depend on randomness but only on your stat. For example if you had the value be say -10, then even if you have the stat at 10, you will fail at the roll. Perhaps I didn't test enough and randomness was against me, but in a test (one unrelated to this) I did only changing to -9 did I actually pass the check. Thus apparently it seems that if you don't have agility at 10, you will get a crippled limb. I knew this at the time, but I left it as -9 since well, the previous check was -8 and you are falling a great distance. If you failed a check to not get hurt, I'm pretty certain you are going to break something. Thus, perhaps the check should be altered so that you first have a check for breaking limbs and then if your agility is good, perhaps you only hurt yourself. And if you are really nimble, you don't break anything or get hurt. Thoughts?

Hey Killap !

Good day man !

Ehh... I've found out a bug...

Den Residencial Map

Theres a kid in the first house... She says Error...

Then I ran the F2 Mapper to see whats going on...

Well everthing is cool.

Im not crazy... hehehehe... the * bug persists !

The script is asigned to her... so the problem is in the msg. file

Ahh I'm running a char with all the stats 10 and 300%.

Just to help ya with the problems.

Bug reports and so.

Have a nice day !

General Felipe said:
Den Residencial Map

This has been reported. Thanks for noticing though and keep hunting.

Karmeck said:
but how hard can it be, just give the people that want it the files they need to make it work. IF he can make an expansion and a patch that fix hundreds of bug's, he can do that.
You guys are killing me. We've been through this. What you are talking about is not a bug. The issue is that you want me to remove the check I put back in place (that was setup by the devs) that prevents you from getting unlimited xp. This is how it was in the original game. Perhaps you're right, and it was intended. I mean there was a check in place that wasn't fully implemented, but this doesn't mean they didn't decided to scrap it. I still don't understand what the obsession is about it, since the book brings all your stats to the max and already gives you enough xp to take you up a level or 2. I've mentioned that if all you want is xp, just use an editor or travel the wastes. In any event, if it honestly troubles you guys so much I don't really care and can make a small file to bring it back to its original state. The thing is I don't plan on filling requests that cater to everyone interests. If I did that then everyone would request something changed to their specific liking. But whatever, let's just drop this subject. I'll bundle up what you guys want.

A little suggestion :

For the Abbey - Waterpump quest :
Maybe if the character is a Vault City citizen it should be made possible to ask the Amenities Office for the part to repair it, to give a alternative way to get it.

Timeslip has release sfall 1.17!

This release; among other things, will include my Ammo Damage Mod which has been fully reworked to be hopefully bug free.

I would appreciate any feedback (even bugs).

killap said:
General Felipe said:
Den Residencial Map

This has been reported. Thanks for noticing though and keep hunting.

Karmeck said:
You guys are killing me. We've been through this. What you are talking about is not a bug. The issue is that you want me to remove the check I put back in place (that was setup by the devs) that prevents you from getting unlimited xp. This is how it was in the original game. Perhaps you're right, and it was intended. I mean there was a check in place that wasn't fully implemented, but this doesn't mean they didn't decided to scrap it. I still don't understand what the obsession is about it, since the book brings all your stats to the max and already gives you enough xp to take you up a level or 2. I've mentioned that if all you want is xp, just use an editor or travel the wastes. In any event, if it honestly troubles you guys so much I don't really care and can make a small file to bring it back to its original state. The thing is I don't plan on filling requests that cater to everyone interests. If I did that then everyone would request something changed to their specific liking. But whatever, let's just drop this subject. I'll bundle up what you guys want.

Ahh, thanks killap, now I can finally say you have done a good job. So yes, it honestly troubles me (and others obviously) so much, so would you be so kinda as to return the file to it's original stat and share it with us kind sir.

Glovz said:
Timeslip has release sfall 1.17!

This release; among other things, will include my Ammo Damage Mod which has been fully reworked to be hopefully bug free.

I would appreciate any feedback (even bugs).
Good to hear. I shall bundle this into the upcoming update.

Also, has anyone besides Congo Levi made it to the EPA yet?

Robert Czarwolski said:
Got to the slaver camp, got the key, after sulik talking to his sis and failed lockpicking. Tried to open the door, but sulik sis say:
Get away from me you horrible person!
I'm sure that i'm not bad, I have karma 654 and I'm a Champion.
Bug?
Ooops. Yes, this is a bug. (confirmed and fixed)

Found the Myron issue and fixed it. An oversight on my part while fixing something for the patch. Sadlly I believe the patch is affected as well...

killap said:
The check before it is one that determines whether you even get hurt. This roll was in place and was
Code:
do_check(x, STAT_ag, -8);
Next I there was the old check which obviously didn't work. I thus changed it to
Code:
do_check(x, STAT_ag, -9);

Well that probably explains it. I think the parameter on the stat check is simply a modifier to your stat, so someone with AG 10 would have a 20% chance of passing the first check, and if they don't, a 10% chance of passing the second check. AG 8 characters wouldn't even have a chance not to be crippled. You should make the penalty on the second check much smaller than the first, maybe -1 or -2. That would somewhat approximate the chance of a critical failure for skill checks.

Per said:
Well that probably explains it. I think the parameter on the stat check is simply a modifier to your stat, so someone with AG 10 would have a 20% chance of passing the first check, and if they don't, a 10% chance of passing the second check. AG 8 characters wouldn't even have a chance not to be crippled. You should make the penalty on the second check much smaller than the first, maybe -1 or -2. That would somewhat approximate the chance of a critical failure for skill checks.
Very well. I shall change it to -2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back