Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIB88 said:
SkynetV4 said:
Does the infinite party members mod work with this expansion?

Not completely. Since Killap's patch (and expansion) includes various corrections to party member's scripts, you can't just include the Infinite Party Member mod and expect things to work perfectly. The game will work, but if you include it, expect to lose out on some fixes that affect party members.

Aw shucks...I love that mod. If I only knew how to edit scripts...IIRC, what the mod did was disable Charisma and Party Limit checks when you asked them to join. If I knew what to change I would try to hack it up to get it to work but I'm a kludge when it comes to scripting. Any plans to fix the infinite party members mod?

Tried my hand with creating a nice expo, giving the PC a house for finding the wrong GECK (the Grove of Eve/Evan Creation Kit). The gist was that you started with a shitty hut made from Brahmin skins and you eventually upgraded to a nicely, walled ranch house with bar, ammunition/weapon storage, etc. I had the maps done but I could NEVER get the DAMN game to make the car appear in the map. The fallout map editor was rather easy to use.

SkynetV4 said:
Aw shucks...I love that mod. If I only knew how to edit scripts...IIRC, what the mod did was disable Charisma and Party Limit checks when you asked them to join. If I knew what to change I would try to hack it up to get it to work but I'm a kludge when it comes to scripting. Any plans to fix the infinite party members mod?
I might include it as an extra. The hassle is that I would have to keep updating the scripts for them each time I make corrections to the NPCs. This becomes a hassle and can become a source of issues. Still, I'll consider including it but I won't be taking requests for other mods to include since all the other mods out there are not worth the time to make compatible. I already include some of them in my installer.

Stupid question, but I'm wondering...

*spoiler*
Since we're supposed to encounter Kaga 5 times, is it normal that he kinda... Died on the third encounter?

He was knocked unconscious, so I'm wondering if he was supposed to escape but didnt do it since he was knocked out and simply died.

Is he supposed to "die" on the third encounter but come back a fourth time (like a villain who never dies) or was that NOT supposed to happen?

Thanakir said:
Stupid question, but I'm wondering...

*spoiler*
Since we're supposed to encounter Kaga 5 times, is it normal that he kinda... Died on the third encounter?

He was knocked unconscious, so I'm wondering if he was supposed to escape but didnt do it since he was knocked out and simply died.

Is he supposed to "die" on the third encounter but come back a fourth time (like a villain who never dies) or was that NOT supposed to happen?
So yeah, he has enough hp (at least I think so) so that he normally won't die. I had a check in place in the event he is knocked out but apparently this isn't working as it should. If you killed him, you won't see him again. If you do, please tell me. In any event, I will have to check his scripts and see what I can do about him being knocked out...

Working my way threw the den everything was going fine into i got to the gang quests, first run threw everything went fine into i got to the fight at the party, lara died so i reloaded.

2nd run threw got to the fight at the church, one of lara's gang died, at the end of the fight lara's was reset to when i first talk to her, i was able to get her to where she asks me to go talk to Metzger quest wise in one conversation but no further, didn't go and talk to Metzger to see if i could get to the church fight, should of tho.

All in all i think lara needs more hp and when teleported to the fight at the party, all of lara's gang needs there hp restored.

Shiozaki said:
Working my way threw the den everything was going fine into i got to the gang quests, first run threw everything went fine into i got to the fight at the party, lara died so i reloaded.
It is okay if Lara dies. Nothing should break. But I understand that you want her to live. Nothing wrong with that.

Shiozaki said:
2nd run threw got to the fight at the church, one of lara's gang died, at the end of the fight lara's was reset to when i first talk to her, i was able to get her to where she asks me to go talk to Metzger quest wise in one conversation but no further, didn't go and talk to Metzger to see if i could get to the church fight, should of tho.
Hmm, do you have a save that can reproduce this?

Shiozaki said:
All in all i think lara needs more hp and when teleported to the fight at the party, all of lara's gang needs there hp restored.
So, the hp for Lara's gang is reset when you teleport. They should all have full hp at the party. Is this not case?

killap said:
So yeah, he has enough hp (at least I think so) so that he normally won't die.

Well, apparently, that's not enough (-:
I killed him during second encounter in two rounds with a bit of luck (and Sulik), so it's not too hard:

Round1:

- Kaga starts combat, shoots one time
- I shoot him three times from magnum ("fast shot" trait).
- Sulik shoots him 1 time.

Round2:

- Sulik shoots him 1 time (gets critical)

- I shoot him 3 more times from magnum and kill him.(only 100xp...)

Personally, I don't think that many people will see him all 5 times. Lots of HP (in sane amounts) alone won't keep him alive. Consider criticals, (especially insta-killing shots - can they be turned off at all?), bursts, your several companions, etc. But that is realistic, I think...

Kromgart said:
killap said:
So yeah, he has enough hp (at least I think so) so that he normally won't die.

Well, apparently, that's not enough (-:
I killed him during second encounter in two rounds with a bit of luck (and Sulik), so it's not too hard:

Same here on the second encounter shot him one time with DE magnum did a CH on him for 44 points knocking him to the ground, one hit from vic and Sulik did him in all in the first turn.

Anyway back to the gang fight while trying to reporduce the lara reset at the church i started shooting her gang to make sure one died, they all became hostile at me but only continued to fight the other gang, Sulik started attacking lara tho, she died from a shot from the other gang and i got a messaged saying i ambushed her with the EXP 1100 if i remember.

I'm trying to work up some says so give me a while.

Hello guys,

I am not very far in this game yet but I decided to leave Arroyo early to check out the new locations, but so far I haven't found any.
Will locations such as Primitive Tribe and the Abbey only become visible if you have talked to the right people?

I can't help but think that the problem might lie with my version of Fallout 2. I am using the gold coloured CD (UK version), perhaps it misses the parts the mod restores.

Ok i got a save of lara reseting , it appears that if anyone from lara's gang dies you get a message saying you ambushed her gang, combat ends and lara resets sending the save now.

I've noticed that when you rescue Sulik's sister and kill all remaining slavers in the camp before you do quests for the rangers in NCR, you wont be able to join the rangers.
The second thing is, that if you speak with the female ranger in the NCR she will tell you that they are glad that you've wiped out the slaver camp over and over again and you can gain unlimited amounts of cash and xp from that.
I guess that you can't become a ranger because of that repeating text bug.

Have you raised the number of random encounters? I get them all the time now, one for each quarter inch I travel in average. A lot of them are just generic, like the bootleggers. It is extremely annoying.

I was afraid that the Kaga encounters might be too easy. However, he actualy does have significant hp as well as conditions to flee before he dies. Clearly I need to modify these conditions for him to flee earlier. The majority of testing with him occured without party members or just sulik, so I never did get to see what happens with several party members.

Mordegar said:
I've noticed that when you rescue Sulik's sister and kill all remaining slavers in the camp before you do quests for the rangers in NCR, you wont be able to join the rangers.
The second thing is, that if you speak with the female ranger in the NCR she will tell you that they are glad that you've wiped out the slaver camp over and over again and you can gain unlimited amounts of cash and xp from that.
I guess that you can't become a ranger because of that repeating text bug.
I have corrected issues with this. They will be included in the upcoming update.

Herold said:
Have you raised the number of random encounters? I get them all the time now, one for each quarter inch I travel in average. A lot of them are just generic, like the bootleggers. It is extremely annoying.
Slightly, yes. Again, things like this does depend on your cpu speed. The readme of my patch should outline a way to fix this. However, I have lowered the encounter rate slightly closer to what is in my patch (which is slightly higher than the original game setting.) This change will be noticed in the upcoming update.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Hello guys,

I am not very far in this game yet but I decided to leave Arroyo early to check out the new locations, but so far I haven't found any.
Will locations such as Primitive Tribe and the Abbey only become visible if you have talked to the right people?

I can't help but think that the problem might lie with my version of Fallout 2. I am using the gold coloured CD (UK version), perhaps it misses the parts the mod restores.
Both the Abbey and Primitive Tribe can be found by wandering, but they also can be found from NPCs. For the tribe, Sulik sounds like your man. As for the Abbey, think what NPC might know about it.

Great work killap, esp. as you did most of it on your own!
I have one question: where's Vault Village? Been all around Vault City and still can't find it (in the city as well on the worldmap). Do i first have to complete a quest, have special skill requirements,etc.?
used the automatic installer with all extras, allready uninstalled and reinstalled it, still can't find it. But maybe I'm just blind and missed something, wouldn't be the first time :roll: .
None the less, again big RESPECT for your work!

Hi,
Also from me, great work! :clap:

One of the things I've came across is the quest in the primitve tribe to get 10 knives and 5 spears. I had 12 knives and 7 spears on me but I was not able to complete the quest. I know that he was asking for standard spears and I had sharpened spears on me, so thats probably the reason it didn't work. Perhaps this is something that could be changed?

Thanks

Skynet said:
killap said:
As for the Abbey, think what NPC might know about it.
Father Tully perhaps?
I think it was a rhetorical question. =]

OTOH, for beta testers (which we all seem to be), a spoiler-infested guide on how to provoke test cases would probably be a good idea to keep the thread spoiler-free...

Pretty clean so far. WinXP, fresh humongous install from instructions on this site. Used installer, left out kids, ammo, sounds.

Bug: When I try to give the guns to Vault Village, CTD, every time. Can't find the the ghoul to resolve it any other way.

Possible bug: Cassidy does not change appearance when given new armor. I kind of like it this way as I can now tell him apart from my other NPCs.

killap said:
Slightly, yes. Again, things like this does depend on your cpu speed. The readme of my patch should outline a way to fix this. However, I have lowered the encounter rate slightly closer to what is in my patch (which is slightly higher than the original game setting.) This change will be noticed in the upcoming update.

My speed is pretty much the way it should be, but the random encounters is just crazy. From Vault City to Gecko I get two or three encounters on average - it makes travelling in the wild a great hassle for me. Often I meet the same type of encounter right afterwards again. I'm not sure I'm experiencing it the way it should be?

I don't mind more random encounters, but this I feel is over the top.

Herold said:
My speed is pretty much the way it should be,

What is the correct travelling speed? I mean, how many game hours should it take to cross one squre (horizontally) on the world map? (on average, it depends on terrain of course). How long should it take to travel from Arroyo to Klamath, for example?

Herold said:
but the random encounters is just crazy. From Vault City to Gecko I get two or three encounters on average - it makes travelling in the wild a great hassle for me.

Strange, from the Den to Modoc I got only one encounter ('highwaymen').

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back