Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jan 6, 2008.
haha, solved the bramhin thing. pretty simple actualy))
Hi. I just joined to the forum yesterday, and first of all, thank you killap and great job on the project. Must have been a lot of work, and still is. But it's truly appreciated.
Anyways, as many here report bugs, I thought I'd do so too. Most are rather minor stuff, but one is a crash bug. I verified it with a clean install. I have a humongous install and all optional modules from the restoration package. The version is recent, downloaded at 11th day. My apologies if some of these are already fixed or reported.
1. In Trapper town, you can still try to get the key to the north door even after Slim Picket gives it to you. At first, ask about the key from him. Once he gives it to you, drop the key on the ground and then talk to him again. Ask more about rats (line 1). Then you can ask more about something (line 1), after which you can ask about the key again, as if he still had it and had not given it to you. He says he gives the key to you, which actually doesn't happen anymore. You can repeat this without exiting dialogue forever if you want. You can also choose line 2, ("Tell me something else") which leads you to a menu in which you can ask about many things, including getting to the north side. Then you can ask about getting the key again, and then you are in the loop described above.
2. Talk to Whiskey Bob. Choose the the line "With a name like yours you should provide the drinks". He says "Here's your booze". If you then decline the work he offers you can talk to him again and say the same thing and get the same response, but you don't really get anymore booze. And you shouldn't, but then again he shouldn't say that anymore either. You don't always get that booze response (I believe you must pass a speech check) but you can just talk to him again if you fail and he dismisses you.
3. In Modoc, I returned Cornelius' watch to Farrel, but it didn't disappear from my inventory. I don't know whether it disappears if it's returned to Cornelius.
4. Bess the cow in Modoc is a pain in the butt since she takes up an NPC slot. Once I played with a charisma 2 character and temporarily dumped Vic while in Modoc and after I had already healed Bess. Now I couldn't get Vic off Modoc anymore since I could only take 1 NPC and that was Bess, who can't be dumped easily (who'd want to slaughter such a nice cow just to get your NPC back ).
5. When I talked to Lydia the bartender in Vault City for the first time, I had 10 beers and booze in my inventory. I gave them to her as she requests, but they didn't disappear from my inventory. I offered them to her right away, without exiting dialogue by saying I'd look for them.
6. I talked to the rat in Gecko, and after that I talked to Gordon and got the economy disk. I delivered it to McClure, who authorized to pick up the hydro gear. If I now go talk to the rat, before fixing the reactor, I have three options to talk to the rat, and whatever I choose, the game crashes. The first line is "Aren't you concerned citizen all of a sudden". This happens whether or not I actually picked the hydro gear in Vault City. When I didn't get the Hydro gear, the rat actually said McClures' line, the one about taking the matter to the council and that the economy disk being a strong evidence in itself. McClure says that just before the dialog with him ends.
7. McClure says "Here is your citizenship papers", after I fix the reactor, but the papers don't appear in the inventory. Doesn't impact the game though, everybody treats me as citizen afterwards. I had used false citizenship papers previously where possible.
8. In Broken Hills, the male caravan guards who wear black clothes say their name is Error if you talk to them and ask "Who are you?". After that if you look at them, the message displayed is "You see Error" plus whatever he is wielding. After you complete the quest regarding Chad, they get their proper names, except for one guard. He is standing near the brahmin pen, just a bit above it and next to a fence.
The last one might not be a bug, and is a spoiler for those who know nothing about the vault village.
9. After fixing and optimizing the reactor, can I still prevent Stark from attacking the village? I delivered the guns to the villagers previously, and if I now talk to McClure about the village, I have no lines to talk about, and the Sergeant just wants me to kill the rats. The rat in Gecko now has no useful lines to talk about either (just two lines which both end dialogue). I assume I should talk to it to convince the rat attacks to stop, or perhaps talk to McClure to tell Sergeant not to attack? I have IN 8 and CH 6. Is this bug, or have I been looking at the wrong place for a solution?
There. More to come since I am not far in my travels yet...haven't even been to the really new locations .
Your science is pretty high. Have you tried interacting with all the computers?
I am pretty sure I have but I'll go around again to double check.
I also found a minor bug every time i go back to the primitive tribe I get 600 xp for finding out what happened to the hunting party and the mission never gets a completed status in pip boy.
i had a strange bug. While visiting slavers camp to free Suliks sis, i opted to free other slaves and told her to wait. Upon leaving the shack i was attacked by slaver. While i was dealing with him, Sulik killed his sister =\
I have interected with all the computers :S
The storage one saying "storage is inefficient"
The information storage one where I collected seeds and such.
The cryogenics one where i unfroze a tribal who ran away after i talked to him.
The robot control one saying "error command missing"
Am i missing something?? Sorry to bother cause i know you have a lot work to do and you do it well but i have spent literally hours in the EPA and its frustrating
After years and years of lurking NMA and the forums (like, since 2002 maybe?) this mod has made me enthusiastic enough to create an account so I could tell you what an awesome job you've done killap. I can't stress that enough.
The only problems I've run into was a crash from Lara's quest (whenever I talk to the door guard to check the crates I CTD- making the quest unfinishable) and some typos/grammatical errors. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is that someone somewhere says "I offerd it to here" when it should be "offered it to her". Not much help, sorry. Its really a small gripe anyway.
I have done some testing with my mod and no crashes or weird damages appeared.
I manually installed the Restoration Pack and turned my mod on by setting the option to 1 in the ini file. No other settings or mod additions were used.
;Choose the damage formula used to calculate combat damage
;0 - Fallout default
;1 - Glovz's AP ammo mod
I tested guns and non-gun weapons, I killed critters, and critters killed me. Using ammo that should be affected and ammo that should not be affected.
This mod affects how damage is calculated only slightly and very specifically, and if there were issues they would happen when NPCs/critters or the user caused damage. I agree the version prior to the one included in sfall was flawed, but I cannot reproduce any issues now.
If anyone is having issues using this version of the ammo damage mod then I need to know what ammo was being used. My mod should have no incapatibilities with any other mod.
Please do still investigate and review my code.
;Choose the damage formula used to calculate combat damage
;0 - Fallout default
;1 - Glovz's AP ammo mod
This doesn't make sense. If you close dialogue with him you should then only be able to enter limited dialogue. He will be surprised you are still alive and then whatever option you choose (having not killed the rat God yet) will lead to the only one option of ending dialogue. Didn't check in game, but everything seems fine in the script.
Yeah, this is because the script checks if he has booze in his inventory and then only gives it to you if this is true.
This has been reported to me before and I honestly don't understand why. Everything in the script looks fine and after testing several times it always worked for me.
It's possible to not make her use an NPC slot. I might consider doing this.
Looks alright in the script and I never had this problem before (nor did I alter anything that would affect this)
Do you have a save game?
There never were real citizenship papers. Not a bug.
Just checked the script and everything looks fine. Tested in game and it works as it should.
I will have to check this. I think I might not have considered something when doing this quest and having completed the reactor quest.
Just ran into another problem. While doing the orphan quest in Den residential the guy I was supposed to evict attacked me (through dialog) and then ran out the door and off the map. I can't finish this quest now even though the building is quite empty.
Also a brown exit grid on Den residential and the tribe area of Primitive tribe would be cool.
at first, hey everyone, i'm quite new to this forum, though im a big fan of fallout 2!
this is the first mod i ever installed on my game, but it seems to be an expansion, rather than a mod, so i did so.
i picked the manual install, and copied it over my 1.02 patcher US version.
the game is fine, travelling is a bit slow, but that is not a big thing.
but this is: when i try to enter the NCR, my game always get runtime error. i'm using win xp sp2, and copied the three files over the originals during the install
i waited until midnight several times nothing hapend
Was your original install HUMOUNGOUS install?
Did you copy over the data folder as well? Did you start a new game? What does the rock at the begining of the game say?
I'm guessing maybe something got messed up somewhere along the way
yes, it was HUMOUNGOUS
yes i did copy the data folder aswell
but i just realized that i downloaded the bad file
so, i downloaded the patch, im Bear dude's signature, not the restoration project.
but ncr was still crashing.
should the savegame from the unoffi patch work in restoration, or should i start over?:/
I have noticed un bug If Ishoot with 44 Magnum
and make a specific shoot in in the head (of anyone...)
then I have a big crash
But I noticed that with an another gun all is ok
Any idea ? Help (I do like the 44 Magnum
I can send you the save game if you want
Did you have the Bag in your inventory? There's an engine bug that sometimes makes items stored below the Bag not get taken away when they should (this also happens in F1 for items above a container item). About the only way to avoid it is make sure that quest items and such are at the top of your inventory when you give them to someone. Or you can exploit it and give the watch to both Farrel and Cornelius and get XP for both, if you're into that sort of thing. Cheap and sleazy way to avoid getting pickpocketed in the Den unless one of the kids nicks an equipped weapon. And the item a kid steals still appears in his inventory, even though it doesn't disappear from yours.
If you go into one of the underground areas, I believe she stops following you.
Yep. But for nothing. Bah, that last part is not the most important.
*Another bug, this time, it concerns Sulik's sister. So, in the slave camp, I killed all the slavers and freed the slaves next to Kurisu. I brought back Kurisu to her village, and later I came back to the slave camp to freed the last slaves (I didn't do it the first time 'cause even with the keyes, the door can't be open... it's only when you've bring back Kurisu and then you come back to the slave camp that you can finally open the door...) . Now the bug is that even when I've brought back kurisu to her native village, she's in two different places at the same time : she's still in the slave camp, and in her village... and she says nothing else thant thank you bla bla bla...=>
P.S=> Another thing... concerning the raiders. Maybe we could fix a little non sense. You can kill all the raiders leaving the tribal (Shadows-Who-Walks) alive. But you can get the 3000 XP when you tell him the truth about the raiders... plus the 2000XP for killing the raiders. Besides, Shadow-Who-Walks says to wait a few days so the Raiders will leave the place... (let me remind you they're already dead ).
Another thing concerning the raiders. If you kill'em all and leave the cave letting the tribal alive and if you come back... Shadow-Who-Walks will be dead... WHY? Did he commit suicide? ...another illogical stuff
*a proof of what I'm saying :
I installed the Mod but i've got a bug, everytime i speak with someone who would not be there if I hadn't installed the mod the person only says "error".
Could this be because i use the german version of Fallout 2?