Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
killap said:
This has been reported, but I have not encountered it myself. Please post system specs, what version of Fallout 2 you are using, and how you installed the expansion.

- I'm using Intel Core 2 Duo 6600, 1 Gb of RAM, GeForce 8800, Windows XP SP2

- Fallout 2 US Version 1.00

- Installation: maximum installation, than I install Restoration Project 1.1 using file F2_Restoration_Project_1.1.exe - that's all.

Than, when i buy car, I can pick up it's trunk and on exit game crushes with message "Error!: partyMemberPrepItemSaveAll: Can't find script!"

I've found other post, where you recommend to add manually more files for users of Windows XP - I added them - bug with car didn't fixed.

I reinstalled game many times: with additional modes, without them, I patched Restoration Project with official patch 1.02, so, I tried to use many variants - no one was useful.

I tried to install R_P 1.1 manually, but after this operation my save files don't loading anymore.

mordy said:
killap said:
This has been reported, but I have not encountered it myself. Please post system specs, what version of Fallout 2 you are using, and how you installed the expansion.

- I'm using Intel Core 2 Duo 6600, 1 Gb of RAM, GeForce 8800, Windows XP SP2

- Fallout 2 US Version 1.00

- Installation: maximum installation, than I install Restoration Project 1.1 using file F2_Restoration_Project_1.1.exe - that's all.
If you downloaded F2_Restoration_Project_1.1.exe before February 22, you have to download it again. Also, make sure you install the "fixes": http://killap.net/fallout2/expansion/fixes/

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/F2RP_Technical_Info

Hello, new guy here... A question if I may:

In what order do I apply patches/fixes?

a) Install the game
b) Do I install the fanmade patches or do I install RP immediately?
c) Do I have to download & apply the fixes, or are they now contained in the RP 1.1?
d) Are the changes for the original game contained in Killaps patch also included into the RP?

Thanx

Elitech said:
Hello, new guy here... A question if I may:

In what order do I apply patches/fixes?

a) Install the game
b) Do I install the fanmade patches or do I install RP immediately?
c) Do I have to download & apply the fixes, or are they now contained in the RP 1.1?
d) Are the changes for the original game contained in Killaps patch also included into the RP?

Thanx
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/F2RP_Technical_Info

ROFL

Man what's up ? The head-warrior in the primitive village is immortal. I got mad after I lost Sulik in the forest. Damn Sulik showed truely disloyality. I was mad because of that and wanted to burn the whole village down. All I needed was a sub-machine gun which I had already looted from Tubby in the Den. Damn child-abuser.
Anyway I killed the tribe leader and his guard but the head-warrior who wanted spears and knives. That guy is immortal. Here is the damage I have done to him with my SMG (96+121+136+117+110+15) no way. He can't be killed. Then he killed me because I was on the corner of the tent inside and I couldn't escape. He blocked my way. WASTED. What a misery...

(Edit= I killed him with a second try, Marli has also that much hp)

Man as you install the game there are several useful mods included in the expansion installing menu, you may install or not-install one or all of these mods. For exampe B-team mod (npc's outfit change when they wear different armor types.) or whatever is included in the expansion install file, you may choose to install that too which is compatible with expansion and very nice indeed.

I chose to install all compatible mods because they all seemed useful to me which were not causing drastical gameplay changes.

And RP is a location-mod itself

Actually, the talking head mod for Cassidy is not very compatible. The heart pills will not work for him with it, and together with the B-Team mod he won't change armor appearance.

Some of the mod compatibility issues should have been fixed in the latest 1.1 (release after the initial 1.1) In any event, these problems should be cleared up as much as possible in 1.2

While I am at it, I shall update everyone on a release time frame. It is looking like mid to late May for 1.2 to hit the streets. An update for my unofficial patch (which will find its way into 1.2) will be released earlier though if things go as planned.

1.2 should include the NPC armor mod being worked on as well as being multilingual in both German and French. All known bugs will also be addressed. Speaking of bugs, is there any chance I could get someone to go through all the posts (including the game play thread) since the 1.1 release and compile an accurate list of known bugs? If no one wants to, that is fine and I will do it myself. It would just save me time though. :D

killap said:
is there any chance I could get someone to go through all the posts (including the game play thread) since the 1.1 release and compile an accurate list of known bugs?
Why not do it together? I've added the ones I know about here:

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/F2RP_Technical_Info#Current_bugs

...but I must say, I think it's unnecessary work to go through these 60 pages, since almost every bug report I find is either because F2RP was not the latest version (v1.1-Feb22), or incompatible mods were installed, or there was something else wrong with the installation.

Maybe we should do it together, I did the first five pages for test and it's quite a lot of work. I could do the next five or fifteen pages, too, if someone else will do the rest the same way. Or then someone can do it all in one go. Anything works.

GanymeDes- said:
Maybe we should do it together, I did the first five pages for test and it's quite a lot of work. I could do the next five or fifteen pages, too, if someone else will do the rest the same way. Or then someone can do it all in one go. Anything works.
I think it's much better to start from the end. The first 30 pages (of 60) are probably just related to art_cache_size or to F2RP older than Feb-22.

EDIT: I've done page 58-60 now.

EDIT: If you can confirm/reproduce a bug in the list, add your system/Fallout specifications! Killap needs this when he can't reproduce a bug.

If killap agrees, then so be it.

If I do something I like to be through, though.

So what should be the earliest post that from which on we should trace the bugs then?

GanymeDes- said:
If killap agrees, then so be it.

If I do something I like to be through, tough.

So what should be the earliest post that from which on we should trace the bugs then?
If we work backwards, and only add a bug if it's very likely it currently exists, then this question is irrelevant, wouldn't you agree?

You just paralized my brains.

EDIT: killap, please tell us how you think we should proceed. Should we get it ALL like you wanted, which is no problem to me and I'd see why you would want that to be done, or is it enough to just get the actual current bugs that are certain to exist for everyone.

Hi, I'm new here. I was hoping to find out why the game (fallout 2) does not support 2 character sets- cyrillic and latin. I have the official fallout 2 translation by 1C entertainment, and it's patched up to date. It worked just fine, however when i installed the restoration project patch (V.1.1), it showed some latin symbols and some crazy chinese looking symbols, and when i try to load one of my old games it comes up with an error. Upon starting a new game, some of the words are in russian, some are in english, and others i can't tell- it's gibberish. I even renamed the folder in Fallout2\data\text into Russian (as was posted here) prior to installing it, and the result was the same. I would really like to enjoy this expansion, but alas because of this problem i am unable to. What can be wrong? :deal: :help: [/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back