Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skynet said:
GanymeDes- said:
That's all I can come up with for now. Oh, one thing.. HOW DO I GET IN THE OTHER ROOM WITH THE MACHINE IN THE LOWEST FLOOR IN THAT MONASTARY??? It's driving me crazy.

Use the trapdoor behind preaching monk.

Hey, someone ever had a jammed Vault City's Vault Door bug? You know, those jammed doors that you can open with 7 ST and a crowbar. Unfortunately, the door should be open, but it's still closed for some reason, even after I took buffout and used the crowbar to "open" the door. When I try to open, my character says that the door is jammed and I can't close it. Why I can't open something that should be open?

Slaughter Manslaught said:
Hey, someone ever had a jammed Vault City's Vault Door bug? You know, those jammed doors that you can open with 7 ST and a crowbar. Unfortunately, the door should be open, but it's still closed for some reason, even after I took buffout and used the crowbar to "open" the door. When I try to open, my character says that the door is jammed and I can't close it. Why I can't open something that should be open?

That happened to me with every jammed door as well. I have typically gone back once I have power armor and have a 10 ST. This might be a bug from the project tho?

EPA does go dark at night while inside.

I haven't had too many big bugs, other than my whole crashing while moving to another area in a city, or entering a city. I'm hoping that it was some files in my save were corrupt.

That happened to me as well, but with a strength of 8 it worked without the crowbar. I just tested this again and now everything worked as it should. I have downloaded a later version of the Restoration Project between my runs though, so it's either been fixed or the bug don't occur every time.

cheers

I tried to blow open the door with dynamite, but the door took like a... uh, a door and it's still there, inside a Vault, mocking me with it's non-openess. I want to open that friggin' door! It's possible to blow it with more explosives?

I tried to blow open the door with dynamite, but the door took like a... uh, a door and it's still there, inside a Vault, mocking me with it's non-openess. I want to open that friggin' door! It's possible to blow it with more explosives?
Nope, I'm pretty sure dynamite is useless here. Have you tried to boost your strength to 8, and open it without the crowbar?

Yeah, I noticed that too and also there is a "Error" dialogue option in EPA with the doctor or the science hologram - can't remember which one.

And here is one change I'd hope to see in your expansion: Make it so that you don't get "Gravedigger" for digging up the Mordino's stash that Myron points out.

Also, once I fixed the lights in the EPA, it actually became darker so theres something wrong there.

Otherwise, EPA was very cool.

GanymeDes- said:
And here is one change I'd hope to see in your expansion: Make it so that you don't get "Gravedigger" for digging up the Mordino's stash that Myron points out.

I actually changed this in the Megamod. Unfortunately, I don't have access to my computer and don't remember the name of the file. Hopefully someone else can confirm the name (I am pretty sure it has the word 'stash' in the name of the script). All you would have to do is replace the one from Killap's mod with the one from there. That one file will not mess up anything in the Restoration mod.

How do you get Myron to actually point out the stash? He says he'll let you know when he sees it, but how do you get him to show you what grave it's in?

MIB88 said:
I actually changed this in the Megamod. Unfortunately, I don't have access to my computer and don't remember the name of the file. Hopefully someone else can confirm the name (I am pretty sure it has the word 'stash' in the name of the script). All you would have to do is replace the one from Killap's mod with the one from there. That one file will not mess up anything in the Restoration mod.
niMorGrv.int - New Reno Mordino Stash Grave ?

Omegawolf said:
How do you get Myron to actually point out the stash? He says he'll let you know when he sees it, but how do you get him to show you what grave it's in?
Don't you just walk around and then he points it out when you're next to it?

Omegawolf said:
Darek said:

That's what I meant. If I just stand next to it, he'll tell me it's the one?
Yes. It's on a timer, so wait a second or two by the grave. Running past may not cause him to tell you about it.

Has the "Cult of Personality" perk been fixed to work as it should? Because it's not working with the Den caravan master who only barters with characters that have negative karma. Don't know about the rest.

killap said:
Omegawolf said:
Darek said:

That's what I meant. If I just stand next to it, he'll tell me it's the one?
Yes. It's on a timer, so wait a second or two by the grave. Running past may not cause him to tell you about it.

Killap's back! YAY! ^_^ Oh, and thanks for the tip.

Omegawolf said:
To Killap: I found a bug. In the EPA, when you return at night (this was after I repaired the lights) it is also night time inside the facilities.

I don't know about you guys but I think it's pretty logical for the EPA to have a day/night cycle

Darek said:
isfet said:
I don't know about you guys but I think it's pretty logical for the EPA to have a day/night cycle
How so?

there are living speciments and a garden in there. They wouldnt be too happy if the lights were on 24/7. I think it's cool (even if it is a bug)

Edit: did i really use the C word! I hate when that happens

isfet said:
there are living speciments and a garden in there. They wouldnt be too happy if the lights were on 24/7. I think it's cool (even if it is a bug)
Yeah that's what I thought you meant. But the plants and critters are not on every level. I'm fine with it either way, though.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back