Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GanymeDes- said:
You just paralized my brains.

EDIT: killap, please tell us how you think we should proceed. Should we get it ALL like you wanted, which is no problem to me and I'd see why you would want that to be done, or is it enough to just get the actual current bugs that are certain to exist for everyone.

I believe "bug" reports for 1.1 start at page 35 or so of this thread. All prior are irrelevant. It is indeed true most reports are primary bad installations be it other mods installed or art cache problems. Tomten sounds like he has the right idea, so I suggest going with his plan.

@tomten

The guide you linked to has a bug report of typos and that they are corrected as encountered. If you could provide me with this list, I would appreciate it. Clearly writing dialogue at 2am is not always a good idea, then again it was usually the only chance I had to work on Fallout.

Greetings everyone. Long-time Fallout fan and NMA lurker here. I've finally mustered the courage to register and post on these sacred forums.

@ killap

First off, thanks for your relentless dedication and hard work fixing Fallout 2 with your Unofficial Patch and Restoration Project.

I skimmed through the RP 1.1 game play thread as requested. Here's a list of the posted bugs to date:

Arroyo
- Planting normal seeds crashes the game.

Ghost Farm
- Karl problem? (referenced w/o further description in thread)

Vault City
- Unable to report elimination of raiders to First Citizen Lynette after convincing Shadow Who Walks to leave and killing raiders.

NCR
- Rangers won't acknowledge completion of quest despite elimination of slavers.

Gecko
- Skeeter won't supply quest to acquire the 3-step-plasma regulator.

Redding
- Dialog options missing re. cure of Fannie Mae's jet addiction despite possession of antidote.
- Sheriff Marion won't acknowledge peaceful resolution of bar fight.

Navarro
- Unable to fly vertibird.

Primitive Tribe
- Bucket won't attach to well.

Slaver Camp
- Slave pen door won't open properly.
- Slaves flee w/o providing quest info.
- Fleeing camp after freeing Sulik's sister returns player to Primitive Village w/o car.

Abbey
- Botony quest still active in PB despite returning Brother Paul, attaining requested info and receiving XP.

EPA
- Bugged doors.

Bonus Move Perk
- Bonus moves still refresh upon save/reload.

Sorry if I've listed fixed bugs or mixed up any RP quest locations. I'm waiting for the final 1.2 release before playing your great mod.

BTW, there's a fairly concise bug compilation in Morticia's Restoration Project Walkthrough.

Also, what about the Unofficial FO2 Patch thread? Lots of bug reports posted there as well.

Hope this helps.

Well, if that's the complete list from the other thread that leaves the ~30 pages from this thread and as tomten is already at it I think he should be able to finish it pretty soon by himself?

This was fast then.

Oh, and btw. I've said this earlier already but since it's not a bug... I hope you change the digging up the Mordino stash makes you a gravedigger to that it doesn't because it would make sense.

GanymeDes- said:
Well, if that's the complete list from the other thread that leaves the ~30 pages from this thread and as tomten is already at it I think he should be able to finish it pretty soon by himself?
Sorry, I don't have time. I hope someone else will read pages 35-57 from this thread. I'm happy to help, but it would take me ages do it myself. The point of a wiki is that everyone can put in a little effort, and still great results can be created.
Oh, and btw. I've said this earlier already but since it's not a bug... I hope you change the digging up the Mordino stash makes you a gravedigger to that it doesn't because it would make sense.
This is on the wiki page already, as a "confirmed bug". =]
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/F2RP_Technical_Info#Current_bugs

I've just added alot of stuff as UNCONFIRMED, pasted from this thread. This is because I don't know if it's still bugs or not - I haven't played F2RP since back in February, and I never had a single crash. I also didn't go to the new locations since I wanted to save the experience until they were less buggy. Cowardly, I know. But it would be great if someone with more recent knowledge could confirm or dismiss these bug reports.

Well, I'd be happy to volunteer more of my spare time listing bugs posted in this thread. It's the least I can do to thank killap for his hard work so far.

Having said that, I don't feel that I'm the most qualified person for the job since, as I mentioned, I've never played the RP 1.1 mod. I'm currently gaming the original Fallout, biding my time till either the Unofficial FO2 patch or RP 1.2 is published.

Either way, someone should coordinate the team effort so we don't overlap needlessly. Post or PM me the relevant range of pages and I'll get on with the job.

Again, I've got to trumpet Morticia's very decent compilation of bugs appended to the RP Walkthrough @ http://numerometria.com/F2RP_WT.htm

In any case, there's probably more work waiting on the FO2 Unoffcial Patch thread. Someone should check with killap to see if he needs those postings sifted as well.

So, unless I am missing something there is no real unofficial patch made my Nevill. The only fix I see made by him was to gcbrain, which yes did have quite a few issues with him. I read several posts claiming there was a patch made by Nevill that fixes quite a few bugs and typos, but I am not seeing this.

Slowhand said:
Well, I'd be happy to volunteer more of my spare time listing bugs posted in this thread. It's the least I can do to thank killap for his hard work so far.

Having said that, I don't feel that I'm the most qualified person for the job since, as I mentioned, I've never played the RP 1.1 mod. I'm currently gaming the original Fallout, biding my time till either the Unofficial FO2 patch or RP 1.2 is published.

Either way, someone should coordinate the team effort so we don't overlap needlessly. Post or PM me the relevant range of pages and I'll get on with the job.

Again, I've got to trumpet Morticia's very decent compilation of bugs appended to the RP Walkthrough @ http://numerometria.com/F2RP_WT.htm

In any case, there's probably more work waiting on the FO2 Unoffcial Patch thread. Someone should check with killap to see if he needs those postings sifted as well.

@Slowhand
No problem. I think with what is available on the wiki, what was posted from the gameplay thread, and what is found on Morticia's walkthrough, I am pretty set on finding bugs. If there are any others that you guys encounter, please post to the wiki rather than here. Sifting through all these pages becomes tiresome.

As for the unofficial patch thread, that is already taken care of.

killap said:
So, unless I am missing something there is no real unofficial patch made my Nevill. The only fix I see made by him was to gcbrain,
Yeah, that's very strange. From the text, it sounds like gcbrain is just one of all things that have been fixed. I'm sorry if I confused you.

Morticia and I worked together on the initial buglist/wikipage. I agree that the list on the wiki seems pretty complete already. It's also going to be good to have it to check against when v1.2 is released. =]

killap said:
As for the unofficial patch thread, that is already taken care of.
Cool. I was worried that the Unofficial FO2 Patch bug report would be the more daunting part of the task.

killap said:
If there are any others that you guys encounter, please post to the wiki rather than here. Sifting through all these pages becomes tiresome.
Agreed, the centralized Fallout Wiki is ideal for preventing overlaps and redundancy.

BTW, you can count me in should you require help spell checking/correcting the text files. I remember you mentioning that the mundane task eats away a lot of your time otherwise dedicated to more serious work. I'd be glad to take a bit of weight off your shoulders, considering you're now in the final phase of bug fixes.

Mr.Wolna said:
I wish the 1.2 will be with Timeslips Engine tweaks!

The expansion pack already comes with Timeslip's tweaks. Infact, it needs them for several aspects.

Mr.Wolna said:
I know i mean something other, but cant write because o dont know how to say it in english!

Ok, well write in German and I or others shall do our best to translate. I did take 3 years of German, so let us see if I remember anything.

Gut! Ich meine das du versuchen solltest mit Timeslip(oder er mit dir) mehr zusammen zu arbeiten, um mehr kompalität zu erreichen.

btw: Plz psot your scripts mot only for me and Helios better for all because the modder can make then mods commpatibel with your RP!

Mr.Wolna said:
Gut! Ich meine das du versuchen solltest mit Timeslip(oder er mit dir) mehr zusammen zu arbeiten, um mehr kompalität zu erreichen.

Ok, you think Timeslip and I should work together in order to achieve more ... I don't know the word kompalität. Either way, I am not sure what you really want Timeslip and me to do. I have spoken with him on several occasions regarding some minor (or major like a bad crash) issues in his tweaks as well as requested features to include. I really cannot think of anything else he could add nor do I really think he is actively working on it like he was months ago.

Mr.Wolna said:
btw: {"plz" bitch-slap me.} psot your scripts mot only for me and Helios better for all because the modder can make then mods commpatibel with your RP!
I shall do so right after 1.2 is released. I know I keep promising everyone I will release source files for my work and never deliver on it, but I promise it will happen. Mod compatibility is something I greatly support.

I think all the good modders like you timeslip and some other should work more together, that why iam workin at the moment on a fallout modding community wit some guys from FONET Team i have make for the RPÜ(Pestarations Prokect translate to german) so we will see, bit i like mods like the RP or sfall who extend Fo and not mods like this riddick nmod, of course is nice too but like you say i will make fallout worl like it should from very beginning :wink:

So we have a lot of work infront of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back