Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Killap!

Just a suggestion for the few die-hard girls who are addicted to fallout. (Am I the only girl here?) Actually mom already...been playing this game repeatedly since high school in the 90s. lol.

anyhow since I'm afraid to ruin my character from taking drugs like psycho, buffout, etc. Can you add something safe but temporarily increases my strength like Coffee or energy drink? hehehe I mean you added dog food...common....and pop rocks.... so can you add usable coffee?

Guys, you may think this is pathetic but give me, the only mom playing this game, a break. I've finished this soo many times but I still enjoy it.

Thanks

:lol:

Is that suggestion really gender-specific - or even gender-impacted - in some way? I guess I'm confused. In any case, I think all the drug benefits are temporary, so in that sense, adding something non-addictive that boosts stats temporarily would simply be removing all the negatives from using drugs as they stand. You might be renaming it, but in terms of game mechanics, wouldn't it be the same thing as taking, say, buffout with all the negatives stripped off, and given a different name?

Well...its just that taking drugs makes me feel guilty. hahaha. Its just me...its weird. Common, i'm hoping there would be a little spice to my game.

And yes, its taking the same drugs...w/o the negative side-effects...renamed....with a different icon....and adding pleasure to coffee-addicts who play the game.

just a suggestion.

If there were non-hard drug stat boosters that weren't addictive, they'd have to be less powerful.

Checks and balances and all that.

thats fine...coffee / energy drinks are all temporary even in real life. energy booster but not so harsh.

For a girl who leaves vic in vault city with valerie just so he'll be safe, coffee is enough...works just like drugs.

Dont get me wrong, I love the violence of fallout but there are some things that I just cant do like the drugs. (too scared to ruin my character)

crashes when using elevators in epa.. i have tried changing art_cache_size but it didnt work, any suggestions?

mentat said:
crashes when using elevators in epa.. i have tried changing art_cache_size but it didnt work, any suggestions?

To what value did you change art_cache_size to? It seems to matter.

Hi to all Fallout fans,

First of all I must say that I like to play every game in its original form with its latest patch. But this expansion of Fallout 2 changed my opinion. I am favouriting this expansion because it keeps the original storyline with very nice add-ons. I don't like drastical changes that's why this is fine.
I just played the Primitive Village part of this expansion and I liked the ambiance of the village. I had many fights with cannibals and warriors on my way from Klamath to this village. The change in the encounter rate and the move speed of the character on the map made me like it better.
(Bug report : I brought 4 sharpened spears, 1 spear and 12 knives to the warrior and I still couldn't complete the quest. I also tried different combinations like : 5 sharpened spears, 10 knives and so on)
Anyway I thank you very much for this work to the creator, Killap. I hope he will achieve more in the future.
If I find other bugs I will inform you about them and also some recommendations I will make.

Keep up the work and wish you the best in University

A fallout addict from Turkey

LeMiserable said:
(Bug report : I brought 4 sharpened spears, 1 spear and 12 knives to the warrior and I still couldn't complete the quest. I also tried different combinations like : 5 sharpened spears, 10 knives and so on)

I had a weird problem with this quest too. I had 5 regular spears and about 15 knives on me and the warrior wouldnt accept them. However, when I dropped some knives, so I would have the exact number of items in my inv, the quest worked just fine.

(Spoiler)

I read the instructions about installing this expansion which say that the game version should be 1.00 before installing the expansion. But I didn't install this way.
The fact is that I installed this expansion after installing the latest official patch. Do you think it would cause problems ? So far nothing happened except a quest bug of a new location. No crashes and so on...
Anyway I liked some changes already more... For example I realised a trap in the Vic's abandoned house in Klamath. That's nice, making the traps skill useful.

I would also recommend something to increase the popularity of unarmed skill adding it a "disarm" ability. This may be added by a perk maybe or just you need a certain character lvl. and skill percentage to be able to have a chance to disarm the opponent. It would be really nice and delicious. Yes maybe you can break both arms but attacking directly to the weapon is different.

LeMiserable said:
I read the instructions about installing this expansion which say that the game version should be 1.00 before installing the expansion. But I didn't install this way. The fact is that I installed this expansion after installing the latest official patch. Do you think it would cause problems ?
Yes, it could cause problems.

There's a wiki page with technical information about the Restoration, so people don't have to read 60 pages of confusing information:

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/F2RP_Technical_Info

Anyone who has anything to add should feel free to do it.

Hi
I just looked at the wiki F2RP Technical Info, and the reference about :
The folder named "proto" (within the Fallout game directory), and its contents, should be read-only.

I set the files to R-O, but not the folders.
I am at level 19 in the game and I noticed that there are new .pro files in the critters and items folders.
Is this right ?

Thanks

gunnut666 said:
Hi
I just looked at the wiki F2RP Technical Info, and the reference about :
The folder named "proto" (within the Fallout game directory), and its contents, should be read-only.

I set the files to R-O, but not the folders.
I am at level 19 in the game and I noticed that there are new .pro files in the critters and items folders.
Is this right ?

Thanks

If you set the folder as read only as well, it prevents that; I can't remember why but apparently its a bad thing, to let the game generate new protos.

As far as I know there is no need to set the folder to read only. The game will create protos of items, scenery objects, etc that it encounters and if one already exists in the folder (ie if you are attempting to use a modified version of the file) it shall first attempt to overwrite it and if it cannot (ie it is read only) it shall use what is already there.

So, setting the files to read only is really only what needs to be done. The generation of protos isn't bad as long as you aren't using any modified files.

Sorry, but this part is a little confusing.

killap said:
The generation of protos isn't bad as long as you aren't using any modified files.

I am using your mod.
Also, these files are refreshing constantly, and I think there are some more now.

Oops ...when I shut down the game, they all disappear.

Thanks.

Hi everybody!
I'm sorry for my not good English, I tried to find here answer on my question, but I didn't. I installed Fallout 2 and Restoration Project 1.1 and the trunk of my car always disappearing. I don't know how can I fix this bug myself. And I have no any idea how to play greatest game with no using trunk X) Does anybody may help me how to use Restoration project 1.1 and to fix bug with disappearing trunk???

gunnut666 said:
Sorry, but this part is a little confusing.

killap said:
The generation of protos isn't bad as long as you aren't using any modified files.

I am using your mod.
Also, these files are refreshing constantly, and I think there are some more now.
Read the beginning of my post. As long as the modified files you are using are set to readonly, the generation of protos is not a problem.

Anyway, yes the game will remove the generated files upon closing.

mordy said:
Hi everybody!
I'm sorry for my not good English, I tried to find here answer on my question, but I didn't. I installed Fallout 2 and Restoration Project 1.1 and the trunk of my car always disappearing. I don't know how can I fix this bug myself. And I have no any idea how to play greatest game with no using trunk X) Does anybody may help me how to use Restoration project 1.1 and to fix bug with disappearing trunk???
This has been reported, but I have not encountered it myself. Please post system specs, what version of Fallout 2 you are using, and how you installed the expansion.

Hi killap
Thanks for the answer.
I'm still trying to track down why my Primitive Village is not working, while other towns and locations from the mod are.

I'm expanding on this in the gameplay thread.

I have 1.1 v. installed properly. In the Primitive Tribe Sulik walked off the map although v. 1.1 says the bug is fixed. I have improtant items in his inventory. Isn't there a way to call the damned Sulik back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back