Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Morticia

It wasn't the police inside the city, it was the guard outside the gate. The police inside had absolutely no problem with me, and I talked to one to make sure. Didn't have Sulik in my party. I had Vic, Myron, and Skynet. (Playing an evil character this time through) I know they all had their weapons away because I watched them all pull their weapons out once the guard decided we were illegal immigrants trying to change the NCR national language or something.

You know...I debated on taking my Copy of Fallout2 with me when I was deployed to Iraq this time. Now I wish I would have.

Dang you Killap You have givin' me the Fallout bug once again. Now I have to wait a little over a month till I get home to wander the wastes again.

Of course your un-official patch gave me the bug last time. The glory of playing the game as it should have been played. (without bugs) and now Adding all the portions of the game that should have been there in the first place....

Anyways I salute you my friend. For your dedication, stubborn streak to see this through, coding skill, and love of the game.

We the fans have one more reason to playthru this wonderful world once again.

Thank you Killap.

Aero said:
Anyways I salute you my friend. For your dedication, stubborn streak to see this through, coding skill, and love of the game.

We the fans have one more reason to playthru this wonderful world once again.

Thank you Killap.

Seconded *CLAP*

Problems with EPA

Hey everyone,

I guess it might have already been asked but i don't have time enough to go through all the pages of this gigantic thread. So here goes, I'm having major difficulties with the EPA elevators, everytime I try to get on one, the game crashes.

I hope someone can help me, I really want to finish this location.

Incredible work by the way Bear Dude. I must've finished fallout 2 a dozen times already, each time finding a little something i had missed. With this mod added, which I just discovered a couple of days ago actually, I think I'll be going through the game another couple of times.

On a side note, anyone can tell me what other mods are compatible with the restoration project?

Thanks a lot for this incredible piece of work.

Re: Problems with EPA

Ggilmann said:
Hey everyone,

I guess it might have already been asked but i don't have time enough to go through all the pages of this gigantic thread. So here goes, I'm having major difficulties with the EPA elevators, everytime I try to get on one, the game crashes.

I hope someone can help me, I really want to finish this location.

"For some people, the Restoration 1.1 crashes when using the elevators in the EPA. To fix this, you have to set/change the "art_cache_size" in the fallout2.cfg file to a higher value, like "art_cache_size=255" or more."

Alright, my 5 finals (15 hours in total in one week :crazy: ) are now over. I am quite tired from all the work/studying that I put into it and will be taking a few days of rest. What this means, however, is that it is Fallout modding time again for me and work on the unofficial patch and 1.2 of the expansion will commence. End of May is still what I am shooting for with regards to 1.2. Shouldn't be a problem, but you never know.

@Skynet
It worked perfectly, thanks a lot!

By the way, is it possible to add new stuff to the game or are you restricted to unlocking the unfinished features only?

Can't wait to see the 1.2!

killap said:
Alright, my 5 finals (15 hours in total in one week :crazy: ) are now over. I am quite tired from all the work/studying that I put into it and will be taking a few days of rest. What this means, however, is that it is Fallout modding time again for me and work on the unofficial patch and 1.2 of the expansion will commence. End of May is still what I am shooting for with regards to 1.2. Shouldn't be a problem, but you never know.

Ahhh! Great news!

With any luck, you'll get v1.2 out in time for when *I* finish my finals! ;)

Hope you did great!

One question: will FO2 RP1.2 be compatible with 1.1 savegames? i've just installed the 1.1 and started a game, and i wonder if it wouldn't be better to wait a little or i can be confident to update later and continue the game without starting from 0.

ford_prefect said:
One question: will FO2 RP1.2 be compatible with 1.1 savegames? i've just installed the 1.1 and started a game, and i wonder if it wouldn't be better to wait a little or i can be confident to update later and continue the game without starting from 0.
Saves should be compatible but some areas of the game will requiring entering for the first time to get the latest fixes. In addition, some quest variable will also be altered thus probably breaking some already begun quests. If you truly just started, I'd wait it out. For those already deep into it, no worries.

Hi.
The mod looks to have an impressive set of features, but I'm having trouble getting anywhere because the game is incredibly slow. I'm running FO2 on an modern XP system in win95 compatibility mode.

There's a noticeable wait to save/load/move to a new area, which never happened before the installation of this mod. Previously there were no obvious load times involved.

Is this an issue that's unavoidable due to the size of the mod, or a genuine problem?

Pretty sure it just didn't work when I tried that, as in black screen, required killing of the program from the Task Manager. I'll try it later anyhow.

Don't use Compatibility mode in Fallout 2 when using the Restioration Project. I did that once and it crashed. I believe it's because Timeslip fixes only work with XP or something, I think. I remember reading something about that.

Slaughter Manslaught said:
Don't use Compatibility mode in Fallout 2 when using the Restioration Project. I did that once and it crashed. I believe it's because Timeslip fixes only work with XP or something, I think. I remember reading something about that.
Timeslip's engine tweaks and F2RP itself (at least v1.0) has been reported to work with (at least) Win95, Win98, Win2k and XP. Just check this thread.

I've tested F2RP v1.1 with XP SP2 and XP SP3 and never needed compatibility mode, but the FO2 installer might need compatibility mode. (Mine doesn't, but it's a 200x re-release CD with FO1 and FO2.)

tomten said:
Slaughter Manslaught said:
Timeslip's engine tweaks and F2RP itself (at least v1.0) has been reported to work with (at least) Win95, Win98, Win2k and XP. Just check this thread.

I've tested F2RP v1.1 with XP SP2 and XP SP3 and never needed compatibility mode, but the FO2 installer might need compatibility mode. (Mine doesn't, but it's a 200x re-release CD with FO1 and FO2.)
There's two versions of my work; one for windows 95/98 and one for 2k/xp/vista. The F2RP installer will install whichever one is appropriate, so installing it on xp and then setting fallout to run in win9x compatibility mode will cause problems. (The win9x version will work on xp, but the xp version will not work correctly on win9x.)

If anyone really does need to run fallout in compatibility mode, (Apart from the easily fixed blackout bug, it's worked on every xp computer I've tried it on...) then you'll need to switch out the fallout exe and ddraw.dll with the windows 9x versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back