Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope i didnt miss a post Regarding my question.

Ive Installed the RP 1.1 on a German Version AND a US Version of Fallout 2. At Both Trys no other Mods, Updates, Patches etc, was installed. At the Try with the German Version i DID Rename the Folder in Data/txt to German.

And now the Problem is, whenever i Hit the Print to File Button, to Save the Char Stats, Inv etc to a Text File, the Game Crashes. What can i do ?

Honestly that is not a great Problem, an you can say, dont do it, play the Game you dont need it to play ^^. But im a Statistics Freak ^^ So please help me :o)

Why don`t you use .cfg file from the Fallout without RP? You can save it in old version and load after installing RP. (Or did they uncompartible?)

Arandur said:
And now the Problem is, whenever i Hit the Print to File Button, to Save the Char Stats, Inv etc to a Text File, the Game Crashes. What can i do ?

Honestly that is not a great Problem, an you can say, dont do it, play the Game you dont need it to play ^^. But im a Statistics Freak ^^ So please help me :o)

This is not meant as an insult, but is your printer hooked up. That print to file button looks for a printer. I found this out by accidentally hitting it myself ( I don't have a printer) and the game crashed.
Other than that, I can't think of anything else that could have caused it.

There was at least one report of this bug before:

UNCONFIRMED: The game crashes when using the "Print to File" feature in the character creation window.

@jmarsh07,
Yes, it might have been the same cause! I don't have a printer either, and it really bothers Windows when you tell it to look for one!

Either way, it's on the list, so killap knows about it and will fix it if it's really an RP expansion error.

The new version is only a short time away from completion (we all hope anyway,) and will likely include more compatibility for German and French players also.

The print to file button just saves the character data to a text file. I'm pretty sure that an actual printer isn't involved or required. :P

I have no printer installed and I can use it without a problem without any mods or just with sfall installed, but I haven't tried it with the restoration project yet. It's likely just that the fallout saving routine just can't cope with extra reputation variables or something, in which case most big mods will break it. It might be something that I can fix with sfall.

Killap said it crashed when he tested it as well so he should be aware of it.

@ Arandur, can't you just hit F12 and take a screenshot of the Char Stats. Better than nothing...

cheers

I've had more than my share of trouble with Sfall, but not any fault of Timeslip. (In my ignorant opinion.)

Last RP install I used had Sfall 1.18 for XP/2000/Vista, I think(?)

I have killap's latest (26 May, 08) patch working, + MIB88 Megamod, + Shattered Destiny, +Mutants Rising demo all working with the latest Sfall v1.27 I downloaded

Timeslip said:
I have no printer installed and I can use it without a problem without any mods or just with sfall installed, but I haven't tried it with the restoration project yet. It's likely just that the fallout saving routine just can't cope with extra reputation variables or something, in which case most big mods will break it. It might be something that I can fix with sfall.
Yes, I do get this crash with the RP and not with the original game. I have no idea how to fix this, so if you come up with anything, that would be great!

Elitech said:
So, 1.2 still on for 31st?
In theory I have completed all I will personally fix/code/etc for the 1.2 release and thus could release on time tomorrow.

But...

Right now I am waiting on some text files to be translated as well as the last few bits for the new NPC appearance mod. As a result, 1.2 will be delayed a few days. Probably until Monday. Don't worry though since even if everyone I am in communication with falls off the face of the Earth, I will release 1.2 by no *later* than Friday June 6th. No pressure on those involved though. I just want to make 1.2 the best release possible and thus will wait to get everything I want implemented. I could probably use this time for more testing as well, but I'm not really in the mood for that. 8-)

killap said:
Timeslip said:
Yes, I do get this crash with the RP and not with the original game. I have no idea how to fix this, so if you come up with anything, that would be great!

Yep youre right its only with the RP. But after Reading this Forum a lot i'm TOTALLY Sure that you will get an idea and fix it someday :o) I believe in you ^^

PS: To the dude who mentioned the Print (Screenshot Thing) Thats an Option, but not so fine as the txt Files :o) But im Sure yes i say
it again, killap will get this fixed. ^^

PPS:
Timeslip said:
The print to file button just saves the character data to a text file. I'm pretty sure that an actual printer isn't involved or required. :P

Yep and youre also right :o)

killap said:
I could probably use this time for more testing as well, but I'm not really in the mood for that. 8-)

Well that would be a good opportunity for a closed beta test, wouldn't it?

No matter how scrutingnizingly you test your own work, as soon as someone else has just a casual glance on it, he will find a couple of obvious mistakes you always missed.

SFall Engine Tweak, Unnoficial Patch Etc.

I was wondering if the latest version of TimeSlip's FO engine tweak will be included in the upcoming version, and also the most recent & final unofficial patch will be included right?
One last thing - I remember reading about that Shi-Sub being incorporated soon (I thought someone had said the NEXT patch version?)... is that incorporated in the pending version?
What specifically do you have let to put into the restoration patch, are you anywhere close to the final version?
Thanks.

Hi, um great mod but just one question(this probably has nothing to do with your mod though) for some reason on the enemies turn my computer makes a weird sound, before you mark this off as a hardware problem know this, no other game does this (SupCom,C&C3,Sins,FoT,M2TW, etc) this has to be either a fallout problem or .......... something I haven't thought of, it sounds like it may be my processor fan squeaking but I'm unsure. Anyway like I said this probably has nothing to do with your mod just wondering if anyone had any idea what was going on.
p.s. I have played fallout 2 in the pas on this computer but I have since gotten a new mobo, graphics card, and processor.

Re: SFall Engine Tweak, Unnoficial Patch Etc.

MoreDrugs said:
I was wondering if the latest version of TimeSlip's FO engine tweak will be included in the upcoming version, and also the most recent & final unofficial patch will be included right?
One last thing - I remember reading about that Shi-Sub being incorporated soon (I thought someone had said the NEXT patch version?)... is that incorporated in the pending version?
What specifically do you have let to put into the restoration patch, are you anywhere close to the final version?
Thanks.
Of course my latest unofficial patch will be included in the upcoming 1.2 release. In addition, whatever is the latest version of Timeslip's tweaks (1.28 at the moment) will also be included.

The Shi sub is NOT going to be in 1.2. It may never be included and is still waiting on new graphics for it to be incorporated.

Ghost_loy said:
upon further investigation the sound only happens while fighting aliens and centaurs.
Well, those creatures do make odd sounds when hit.

I'm not sure what else to say since I never had this issue before. Does this happen without the RP installed? Perhaps your sound files are corrupt?

well the thing is even when I turn off my speakers the sound comes from within my computer case.....I don't recall this happening before but this is the first time I have played fallout since my computer crashed and I had to buy new hardware. It also seems to happen when fighting wolves.....idk what to think, I am so damn confused.

Ghost_loy said:
well the thing is even when I turn off my speakers the sound comes from within my computer case.....I don't recall this happening before but this is the first time I have played fallout since my computer crashed and I had to buy new hardware. It also seems to happen when fighting wolves.....idk what to think, I am so damn confused.

Could it be that your PC speaker is making sounds for some reason?

Hi. I've been playing the restoration project (helluva job btw) and so far no problems, except I cannot find the location of the raider base at all.

Is there some new trick to finding it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back