Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
shift said:
Hi, everyone; I'm having serious trouble finishing all the fights I get when I challenge Dragon. Everytime after a few rounds game crashes...

Just played that part few hours ago and did not have any problems. Just to make sure : You have restoration project 1.1 installed over unpatched 1.0 version of fallout as not doing so seem to be one of the causes for major problems.

martini said:
I installed the 1.1 version over the 1.0 and the rangers dialogue after the 2nd mission is still the same. I always get the message that I should hurry up. I chose the "I will kill them alone" version. Win XP, US version of fallout.

Had same problem taking rangers with me. Had to walk back and could not be bothered to make new attempts.

killap, just out of curiosity, are the hubogolists in the hubologist stast supposed to be... uh... unarmed :?? It was ward with all those weapons around them and them fighting bare fisted :P

Also unfortunately opening sierra army depot even without talking about it with wrights leads to them demolishing the town even with their stills destroyed. So no SAD if one wants good ending for new reno. shame :( . At least Gecko had good ending at last. Its also a shame you can't save broken hills but nothing can be done about it I quess. With all hubogolists death, who exactly too off with that piece of scrap metal they called space shuttle? :P Oh and they weren't that rich in the end (I had some 100k money at that point anyway :mrgreen: )

Anyway, great work killap! :clap: :clap: :clap: . Beside couple unfinishable quests, typos and some seemingly random clithes its al most preferct. Two thumbs up! :ok: :ok:

Dragon or Lopan's fights?

For the unarmed tournament in San Francisco:

1st rule: for god sake dont save in combat (it will lead to bugs abound), unless...

2nd rule: between the time the words you win appear and the next opponent there's a round you can save in. Save in a seperate file.

3rd rule: in this free round you can kill your opponent with no penalty, high exp. Unarmed only.

4th rule: You can try to lose at the last opponent to fail the tournament. Once fail, you can try the tournament again. What for? well, to kill opponents barehanded like the 3rd rule said, what else?

5th rule: it's best you finish learning from Dragon or Lo Pan before tournament. It saves the troubles as well as bugs.

6th rule: nothing say you cant chug a buffout or psycho before the fight to raise your chance.

Okay okay, now it's getting on my nerves a little, where do you go to change the encounter ratio?

There must be a million people and creatures in the wasteland from what Killap has set it to!

Chucky said:
Okay okay, now it's getting on my nerves a little, where do you go to change the encounter ratio?

There must be a million people and creatures in the wasteland from what Killap has set it to!

Open ddraw.ini in your favorite text editor and read the comments.

And if I weren't an atheist, I'd be setting up a Killap temple right about now.

Thanks.

This thread has quiet grown... difficult to keep the overview when not having time to check again every day.

Well, here a few more bugs I found:
-Driving to the Ghost Farm in the car causes my game to freeze, but the sound keeps playing. Anyone else have this problem?
-Blasting away the stone rocks(northwest) in the Abey will open a path and you can walk on the water up there.(Not sure if this is intentional due to a quest or finding items or stuff)

Hey, I found a bug, but I don't know wether it's through the expansion or not:

If you take a laser rifle to the stupid boy downstairs to New Reno Arms you can upgrade it unlimited times, getting ANOTHER upgraded rifle everytime.

I made 9 improved laser rifles out of the one rifle I brought with me, before I realized (aka checked my inventory).

Slaver Camp Issues

First, thanks for an excellent mod! It's obvious that the project was a work of love.

Now for the problems, the Slaver Camp seems to have several issues. The doors refuse to open for my main character and when I get one of the npc's to open the door by accident, the slaves stay in place. For some reason, the game doesn't recognize that all of the slavers are dead. And when it does, it is only the slaves with Sulik's sister that will escape. I have never been able to get the slaves in the pen in the lower left corner to escape and I never get credit for wiping out the slavers. Am I missing something? Is there a hidden guard that I'm supposed to kill? How many other folks have seen those issues?

Everything else seems to be working for me.

My FO2 game is a new humongous install and a clean install of the 1.1 project. I am running XP Pro if that matters.

Re: Slaver Camp Issues

@ Doc_H

It's a known issue, and most likely fixed in the upcoming 1.2 expansion.

cheers

WOOHOO! Finally made it into the forum ^_^ I'd say that this is a great mod and all before posting my bugs, but that seems to be the trend, and I don't like trends :P

Killap, did you get my message about the boxing arena bugs? Gmail's been acting funny on me. Not all of my messages have been going through.

Petrell said:
Also unfortunately opening sierra army depot even without talking about it with wrights leads to them demolishing the town even with their stills destroyed. So no SAD if one wants good ending for new reno. shame :(

What if it's contaminated? That should prevent anyone from entering the SAD and the ending should reflect that.

Drysmian said:
What if it's contaminated? That should prevent anyone from entering the SAD and the ending should reflect that.

That's actually pretty good idea but I somehow doupt it that developers took that to account (the ending probably only checks wether or not SAD has been opened after other conditions are met). It'd be good addition to the mod though.

The raise inteligence perk seems to work like a temporary statboost(like mentats) with unlimited duration. It does not increase the number of skillpoints you get per level.

Hello all,
This is my very first post here, first i want to say that Killap's work is really amazing. I think earlier that Fallout is no more in my interests, but i try this, and now i can't stop playing :mrgreen:

I have one problem, Sulik, that damnt tribal do nothing at combat, only says that "i don't fight against that or this..." Then that nomad walk away just like nothing happened... He have hammer, knife, SMG+ammo, Desert eagle and leather combat armor... Damnt coward... i might shoot him myself...

I have done clean install, then patched Killap's 1.1, and after that downloaded those few files from Killap's server(Kaga something, and few others) :

Pihi said:
I have one problem, Sulik, that damnt tribal do nothing at combat, only says that "i don't fight against that or this..." Then that nomad walk away just like nothing happened... He have hammer, knife, SMG+ammo, Desert eagle and leather combat armor... Damnt coward... i might shoot him myself...

I've never seen this message from him but I had similar problems with him too. He was too passive. Then I switched the tactics from "Attack anyone who attacks me" to "Attack who you want" and he finally became a little more active. Have you tried that? Anyway, time as time it happens that he just stands still and lets the bad guys beat me like nothing's goin' on.

Great work with this mod killap! Is all the content official in the sense that the original team wanted to include it but didn't have time, or is some of the content original as well?

My problem at the slave camp on the way to primitive tribe is that I can open the door of the slave pen to the left just fine, but none of the slaves leave the pen, even if I try to talk to them. I've killed all the slavers and gotten the message "you have wiped out the slavers" or something like that. Still they refuse to leave. I did get the slaves at the shack on the right to leave however, when I talked to Sulik's sister.

@ weemies

It's been reported that if you open and close the doors a few times, they will eventually run off. For me it worked to exit the map and then re-enter it. But it doesn't really matter, the NCR Rangers won't recognize the quest as completed anyway.

Edit: The 2nd Rangers quest will be acknowledged if you wipe out the slave camp before talking to the rangers.

The Ranger dialog still needs some cleaning up though. Wipe out slave camp, talk to ranger girl, take out slave pen in NCR, then you can still report the slave camp and she wants you to wipe it out again.

I haven't actually even been to NCR in this game yet, so I can't say anything about that quest. Thanks for the tip though, I'll give it a try.

Edit: Ok, it worked. I closed the pen door and reopened it, and the slaves ran off. Thanks for the help.

Had my first apparently random CTD's in combat today, in the Slaver Camp and the Primitive Village.

Drysmian wrote:

That's actually pretty good idea but I somehow doupt it that developers took that to account (the ending probably only checks wether or not SAD has been opened after other conditions are met). It'd be good addition to the mod though.

I love this idea. Is there a chance it will be implemented? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back