Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, first of all i'd like to thank killap for the great work he's done with the rp. cheers :clap:

i've just got a question; is it possible to install the new version 1.2 of rp on top of an already patched version 1.1 of the game ? will savegames still be valid ? thx

edit : sorry my mistake, i thought that the 1.2 was already out !

i've read a couple pages of this thread trying to find out if anyone has had the same bug that i've been having. when i'm travelling on the worldmap and get an encounter, when i try to leave the map via the exit grid i always get sent west of the den ! it bugs me 'cause i have to go back and do everything again. help !

Yeugs said:
i've read a couple pages of this thread trying to find out if anyone has had the same bug that i've been having. when i'm travelling on the worldmap and get an encounter, when i try to leave the map via the exit grid i always get sent west of the den ! it bugs me 'cause i have to go back and do everything again. help !
Please give system information. (OS, version/language of Fallout 2, etc)

okay bear with me this is complicated.

i'm running it on win xp, and in win 95 compatibility mode

i have the uk 1.0 version which i patched to 1.1

i then patched it with the us 1.1 patch so i could get the kids in the game, then added the children patch. (note; i played the whole game after havind done all of this a couple of months back without your restoration project and it worked fine.)

added your restoration project (which is great thanks!) 1.02.23.

as i explained above, when exiting via the exit grid, i often get sent back slightly west of the den, even though i was previously on the coast ! don't know if this has happened before to anyone else ? mille merci killap, thx !

Yeugs said:
i'm running it on win xp, and in win 95 compatibility mode
Do you have to run it in compatibility mode? I never have to use it, but the problem may be with the ddraw.dll which expects a Win 2000 and up environment. You may have to replace the ddraw.dll with the sfall.dll file and the fallout2.exe with one that utilizes the sfall.dll

Yeugs said:
added your restoration project (which is great thanks!) 1.02.23.
It says RP 1.1 in the menu as well, right?

well it so happens that i changed the compatibility mode and the problem hasn't occured since. i'll keep an eye out but it just hasn't happened again. yes it says RP 1.1 at the bottom. thanks for answering so quickly and for the help ! can't wait for the 1.2 patch and the shi submarine if you ever get to do that ! :wink:

I found a three bugs with the mission regarding the village outside vault city. :'(

First, i got the mission from stark to kill creatures in the village outsite.
Then i went there and they ask me to buy 10k $ of weapons for them.
Then i go back to vault city and find my contact who told there may be another way with Mc Clure.
So i go to Mc Clure whose first words are "congratulations for helping the village" or something like that (which seems to be the 1st bug because the quest is not finished). So i explain him that i may know who sent the creatures.
Then i go to Gecko, talk to "the brain" who thanks me for the power plant and i can answer "ok, but first i would you to do something for me" or something like that. He says he agree to remove the creatures (and I had already that dialog when i finished the power plant quest long time before I started this village/creature/weapon quest which is the 2nd bug)
And finally when i go the village the creatures are still here, no more dialog with mc clure or Stark :'(
Did i miss something or 3rd bug?

touriste said:
I found a three bugs with the mission regarding the village outside vault city. :'(
So, that questline was a bit bugged in 1.1. Everything should hopefully be in order in 1.2. I appreciate the report and do keep me informed of anything else you find.

First off, many thanks for this, it's great.

I have what may be a totally stupid question: I'm getting really radiated whenver I rest anywhere in Klamath - is this supposed to happen? It's been years since I played Fallout so I can't remember if this is a game feature or if it's something added in by the restoration project.

:)

yeah but they don't have any effects as they are low. In Fallout history, everyone has radioactivity and it was the problem for the Master. Because people were infected, they became stupid supermutant when plunge into fev. That's why he was looking for your vault \o/ (i.e for non-radiated people).

Hello, killap.

First of all, thanks for your great work with fallout. I simply can't play the game without your patches. Keep up the good work :clap:

I registered to ask you a question. I got this bug and everytime I enter Primitive Tribe, the screen goes black and the game exits. Other people have reported this on the first pages of this thread, and it seem that is due to windows 95/98/ME (I'm using ME).

I wanted to ask if there's any solution to this bug. I've run a registry cleaner before installing fallout 2 (minimal installation) and your RP 1.1 on top of that. I've done that several times, however, the bug persists.

Thanks.

D6F7F said:
Hello, killap.

First of all, thanks for your great work with fallout. I simply can't play the game without your patches. Keep up the good work :clap:

I registered to ask you a question. I got this bug and everytime I enter Primitive Tribe, the screen goes black and the game exits. Other people have reported this on the first pages of this thread, and it seem that is due to windows 95/98/ME (I'm using ME).

I wanted to ask if there's any solution to this bug. I've run a registry cleaner before installing fallout 2 (minimal installation) and your RP 1.1 on top of that. I've done that several times, however, the bug persists.

Thanks.
I am not sure since I could never reproduce this. Let's try a few thing though.

Grab the latest Timeslip 9x tweaks here. Only copy over the new sfall.dll to your main F2 directory though, not the .ini file as well. In addition, what is your art_cache_size value set to in your Fallout2.config file (found in the main Fallout2 directory)

Re: Bug Found

OK, I've been through *every* page of this thread, and it doesn't look like this has been addressed- probably got buried under mountains of posts while killap was away. I don't mean to be whiny or anything, but I'd like to help out fixing this in any way I can (i.e. provide more information? save game? etc) before the new release. FYI I followed all of the directions for a "clean" install.

Felix said:
First off, great work. I haven't played fallout in a while, but this is definitely making it worth it.

Unfortunately, I've found a bug that's rather annoying. After defeating the masticator, I get the 2500 exp, but I do not become a prize fighter. I suspect that the error has something to do with the scripting, since the camera jerks around right after the fight, but no dialog with Stuart Little is actually initiated. Furthermore, I can't talk to him at all. Frustrating!

PS - I did not save/load during combat.

Re: Bug Found

Felix said:
OK, I've been through *every* page of this thread, and it doesn't look like this has been addressed- probably got buried under mountains of posts while killap was away. I don't mean to be whiny or anything, but I'd like to help out fixing this in any way I can (i.e. provide more information? save game? etc) before the new release. FYI I followed all of the directions for a "clean" install.
If you can provide a savegame, that would help. Of course the save would have to be before the error occurred.

killap said:
I am not sure since I could never reproduce this. Let's try a few thing though.

Grab the latest Timeslip 9x tweaks here. Only copy over the new sfall.dll to your main F2 directory though, not the .ini file as well. In addition, what is your art_cache_size value set to in your Fallout2.config file (found in the main Fallout2 directory)

I've done this, but the bug remains. I've used timeslip's Fallout 2 v1.02 US (v1.27, for windows 95/98). And this time I've got the "empty random encounter bug", too. Never had that one before.

And my art_cache_size is set to 256.

Hello guys,

First off, I'd like to thank killap for doing such an excellent job and for putting in so much of his free time for something that we all can enjoy. Thank you! Also, thanks to everyone here who posts solutions to many problems that arise.

I haven't used any of killap's patches yet (Although I read a LOT about them in last few weeks), because I've only recently discovered them, and I saw that you're releasing 1.2 on May 31st, so I decided to just wait until then. I have a question for you guys that I'd like to know before I start playing the new patch:

I've read that the newly introduced character Kaga appears 5 times, each time becoming more and more powerful (better armor/weapons etc.). Now, if you kill him in the first encounter (or I assume this is how it's gonna work..?), does it mean that he won't appear in the next 4? I don't wanna kill him in start and then miss out on meeting him 4 more times in future.

If anyone can answer this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Again, thanks to everyone posting here and especially killap for making all of this possible!

zenitfan4life said:
Hello guys,

Now, if you kill him in the first encounter (or I assume this is how it's gonna work..?), does it mean that he won't appear in the next 4? I don't wanna kill him in start and then miss out on meeting him 4 more times in future.

I think he cannot be killed. He only runs away you wound him enough (except in the 5th encounter)...

Elitech said:
I think he cannot be killed. He only runs away you wound him enough (except in the 5th encounter)...

That right!
Even if you have xxx Action Points you can kill him because of the script.

mhmm are you sure?

In Fallout Bible, it's written that the script as a flag called kaga_dead which is tested at each possible encounter. Moreover, if Kaga is knock-out, i think to can finish him, can't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back