Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
some remarques

You fixed a lot off things in the patch, thx for that (but I know that has been said a lot already, so you ll already know that we re very gratfull for all the work you did already).

I found some stuff that where a bit strange:
rangersmission NCR: When you meet sulik you re asked to free his sister, when you re in the Den Metzger tells you where the compound where suliks sister is to be found. Naturally I thought you could go there right away after the Denn and free his sister, turns out when you do this you can't do the Ranger mission no more.

difficulty regarding encounter 2nd chosen one: I played the game on hard difficulty but that doesn't mean that the game almost becomes inmpossible does it? First couple of times you meet the 2nd chosen one, it s possible to pull it off, but once you arrive at New Reno (if you took the normal path to complete the game this should be your 5th encounter) and you want to leave you come up against him when he has a powerarmour a gattling gun and does about 110 point of damage or more. The only way I survived was when one of my partymembers accidently stands between you and him (wich means your friend is dead), the other way I only could survive was to go the first time you leave New Reno to the Army depot and get Power armour but even then It s very hard to survive his first atack.

Village above Vault city:
tried to complete it but it failed, when you go to the village you get a task from one of the townguys, got the guns for the inhabitants and then returned: couldn't end the quest. Then I thought you had to solve the rat thing completly and I went to gecko to kill the bossrat. Once he was dead, tried to go to Mclure and the townpeople nothing was changed. Or am I doing the quest the wrong way?

Suliks tribes medicin man:
I m not sure if this is a bug: I tried to find what haunts the medicin man at night, so I waited all night at his tent (wait 1 hour and see, then wait another hour ... and so on) nothing s wrong. Then I thought he might be sick or something, tried all kinds off drug on him.

enclave rooftop (where the chopper stands):
lots of black spots above it, seems like it wasn't completed. Couldn't walk around much, because it was not possible to walk all of the ground on the roof.

I hope I m not repeating others with the stuff I typed here, cause I didn't read the whole forum regarding these problems.

Primitive Tribe:

My version of the Restoration Project is from somewhen early in May. I'm also using the mod in my signature, obviously, but it makes no changes to the files in the RP except a couple of weapons.

I have gotten the quest to fix the well in Sulik's Primitive Tribe properly from the guy who stands next to it.

I use a rope on the well and my character emits: "That's the rope fixed, anyway".

But when I look at the well after putting the rope on, the description still says the well is missing a bucket and a rope.

And when I try to use the bucket on the roped well, the message window says "You see nothing out of the ordinary", my character does not do the fidget animation and the bucket is not removed from my inventory, nor is the well fixed.

Here is a link to a savegame with the situation I'm talking about (actually my whole SLOT01 folder, as I'm not sure which files are the important ones):
http://files.filefront.com/SLOT01zip/;10378092;/fileinfo.html

Could someone please look into this?

EDIT:

The well worked fine after I used the last one of the 2 ropes I had loaded on Sulik and then the bucket.

I did, however, not receive any message, exp or reputation increase for doing this, though the quest did get crossed out in my PipBoy.

So, to anyone having well-quest-questions, the well requires 2 ropes and 1 bucket to repair, and you gain nothing from doing it. I guess that about sums it up.

Magnus said:
EDIT:

The well worked fine after I used the last one of the 2 ropes I had loaded on Sulik and then the bucket.

I did, however, not receive any message, exp or reputation increase for doing this, though the quest did get crossed out in my PipBoy.

So, to anyone having well-quest-questions, the well requires 2 ropes and 1 bucket to repair, and you gain nothing from doing it. I guess that about sums it up.
That is only the case if you look at the well during the quest. Until 1.2, don't look at the well and just get the quest from the tribal.

Re: some remarques

Munin said:
Suliks tribes medicin man:
I m not sure if this is a bug: I tried to find what haunts the medicin man at night, so I waited all night at his tent (wait 1 hour and see, then wait another hour ... and so on) nothing s wrong. Then I thought he might be sick or something, tried all kinds off drug on him.

In the first part of the primitive tribe, you must look at the girl corpse (with binoculars) then you will see her ghost around midnight near the shaman's tent

Hey again guys,

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it, yet again I love how friendly the people are on this forum. I really cannot wait until 1.2 finally comes out, I'm itching to play it, I loved fallout from the day it came out...

I hope we're still on May 31st with 1.2!!! =)))

zenitfan4life said:
I hope we're still on May 31st with 1.2!!! =)))
I hope so, but at the moment I am waiting on files/information from several people so things may get delayed a few days. No rush to these individuals at all, however. Everyone has a life outside of this forum.

I´m not sure if this has already come up in the previous posts (I was too lazy to read them all :P), but the melee combat seems to be bugged in RP 1.1.

Almost 50% of melee hits include non-critical knockdown which completely disables the opponent for numerous rounds. Sulik is way too good right now. I bet he could beat Frank Horrigan just by himself 8-)

This knockdown doesn´t knock enemies back. In fact I haven´t seen any enemies being knocked back at all.

PS. Keep up the good work Killap.

Karpalokäärme said:
Almost 50% of melee hits include non-critical knockdown which completely disables the opponent for numerous rounds. Sulik is way too good right now. I bet he could beat Frank Horrigan just by himself 8-)

This knockdown doesn´t knock enemies back. In fact I haven´t seen any enemies being knocked back at all.
That sounds like a bug that was in a very very old version of sfall. Are you sure you have the latest version of the restoration project? (That bug only existed in sfall 1.18. I'm not sure what version is included in F2RP, but if it was 1.18 there would be a lot more people complaining by now. :P)

Timeslip said:
Karpalokäärme said:

That sounds like a bug that was in a very very old version of sfall. Are you sure you have the latest version of the restoration project? (That bug only existed in sfall 1.18. I'm not sure what version is included in F2RP, but if it was 1.18 there would be a lot more people complaining by now. :P)
That was in the original 1.1 release, but I did a silent update back in February to add in an updated sfall that fixes the problem.

Just redownload the 1.1 release from my server (link on first page of this thread) or wait for the upcoming 1.2 release.

killap said:
That was in the original 1.1 release, but I did a silent update back in February to add in an updated sfall that fixes the problem.

Just redownload the 1.1 release from my server (link on first page of this thread) or wait for the upcoming 1.2 release.

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded RP 1.1 from here about week ago. http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1097

Is that the old version? Is there any problems if I install newer version on top of the previous one (bugged saves etc.)?

Fair warning everyone - I just had the new .24 patch invalidate ALL my savegames from version .22 of the patch, which I downloaded on May 23rd. Every single last one gives me the standard error message when I try to load them.

A damn shame, because other than this and a few lingering minor bug issues in certain areas (Primitive Tribe, for instance), I was really enjoying this patch and the expansion.

Yes, I had backups of the data files. Yes, I had backups of the savegames. Yes, I tried deleting the new patch and repatching a fresh, unpatched (1.02) copy of the game with the previous .22 patch. Still no dice.

Anyone have any idea how to fix my savegames to work again...at least one of them? I really don't have the time, energy, or patience to start all over from scratch for no good reason...incredibly frustrating to say the least...

ac37 said:
Fair warning everyone - I just had the new .24 patch invalidate ALL my savegames from version .22 of the patch, which I downloaded on May 23rd. Every single last one gives me the standard error message when I try to load them.

A damn shame, because other than this and a few lingering minor bug issues in certain areas (Primitive Tribe, for instance), I was really enjoying this patch and the expansion.

Yes, I had backups of the data files. Yes, I had backups of the savegames. Yes, I tried deleting the new patch and repatching a fresh, unpatched (1.02) copy of the game with the previous .22 patch. Still no dice.

Anyone have any idea how to fix my savegames to work again...at least one of them? I really don't have the time, energy, or patience to start all over from scratch for no good reason...incredibly frustrating to say the least...
You did read my message in the patch thread about the new 1.02.24 patch not being compatible with the RP, right? All you have to do is copy over your saves to a another location, uninstall the game completely, reinstall, and then install the RP from the first post in this thread.

@Karpalokäärme
No, the one hosted at NMA is not the newest. Grab the one from the first post in this thread.

killap said:
You did read my message in the patch thread about the new 1.02.24 patch not being compatible with the RP, right? All you have to do is copy over your saves to a another location, uninstall the game completely, reinstall, and then install the RP from the first post in this thread.

I did not see that, no, it must have gotten buried in one of the threads somewhere. All I see is this: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38422&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=780

killap said:
Maxrunner said:
Does this patch work with the save's of the old one?
Yep. And they always will be unless I say so.

I'm very thorough about reading directions, so if I missed it, someone else is going to, as well, guaranteed - not everyone installing the patch will sift through 70+ page threads, as good as the information is.

In any event, I did follow your directions, and it did fix the issue, and my game is loading just fine, now. I greatly appreciate your assistance. I did more or less just that before, but copying the files from a backup directory is not completely the same as a fresh from CD reinstall, apparently.

However, I am confused now...before I started having the savegame problems I had both of your patches installed, your unofficial FO2 patch (bugfixes) and the F2 Restoration Project. But while my savegames are now working again, I haven't installed the Patch - so how the savegames are working again without having both installed is a little confusing. Is the bugfix patch integrated into the F2 Restoration Project, and if not, why would a savegame that was created under the operating rules of two separate patches running concurrently, work under the rules of just one of them?

ac37 said:
I did not see that, no, it must have gotten buried in one of the threads somewhere. All I see is this: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38422&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=780
It is actually on the previous page - the one with the release notes.

ac37 said:
However, I am confused now...before I started having the savegame problems I had both of your patches installed, your unofficial FO2 patch (bugfixes) and the F2 Restoration Project. But while my savegames are now working again, I haven't installed the Patch - so how the savegames are working again without having both installed is a little confusing. Is the bugfix patch integrated into the F2 Restoration Project, and if not, why would a savegame that was created under the operating rules of two separate patches running concurrently, work under the rules of just one of them?
By installing the newest patch you overwrite critical game files which when modified requires one to start a new game. The RP comes with my patch, so now other files are needed. 1.2 of the RP will include 1.02.24 of my patch.

It might be an idea to add a check in the two installers and refuse to install the patch if the restoration project is already installed, or possibly add a script that can let them detect each other in game and display a 'you've screwed up your fallout installation, please reinstall' message to the console.

killap said:
ac37 said:
It is actually on the previous page - the one with the release notes.

ac37 said:
By installing the newest patch you overwrite critical game files which when modified requires one to start a new game. The RP comes with my patch, so now other files are needed. 1.2 of the RP will include 1.02.24 of my patch.

So the RP does include a previous version of your Unofficial (bugfix) patch, if I'm understanding correctly?

ac37 said:
So the RP does include a previous version of your Unofficial (bugfix) patch, if I'm understanding correctly?
Yes, version 1.1 of the RP includes a previous version of the unofficial patch (version 1.02.23 - unreleased to the public actually).

Timeslip said:
It might be an idea to add a check in the two installers and refuse to install the patch if the restoration project is already installed, or possibly add a script that can let them detect each other in game and display a 'you've screwed up your fallout installation, please reinstall' message to the console.
Just spent some time learning how to do this and it's done. The next release of the unofficial patch (will still be 1.02.24 and will be released shortly) will include a check for the RP installed.

killap said:
ac37 said:
Yes, version 1.1 of the RP includes a previous version of the unofficial patch (version 1.02.23 - unreleased to the public actually).

Understood - that's what I was confused about. I didn't realize that the RP contained a version of the bugfix patch before this whole situation, and I was installing the bugfix patch separately from the NMA downloads patch section, hence my confusion. Of course, since you created them both, it makes perfect sense, when you think about it - but I must have missed that in the RP documentation.

ac37 said:
Understood - that's what I was confused about. I didn't realize that the RP contained a version of the bugfix patch before this whole situation, and I was installing the bugfix patch separately from the NMA downloads patch section, hence my confusion. Of course, since you created them both, it makes perfect sense, when you think about it - but I must have missed that in the RP documentation.
Glad this is cleared up.

On a similar note, almost every important question regarding the RP is answered in the readme that comes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back