Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have an English version of Fallout 2CD and install RP 1.3 with language pack in French, will it work ?

I mean does this overwrite every word in the game ?

Claude Frollo said:
If I have an English version of Fallout 2CD and install RP 1.3 with language pack in French, will it work ?

I mean does this overwrite every word in the game ?
Yes, installing the RP with the French language module will make all text (or at least 99% of text) be in French and it will work just fine with any version of F2 you choose to install.

Killap has already explained why :

Killap said:
I understand the frustration over waiting for the RP to be translated. My reasoning for this is many fold.

1. By releasing the newest RP without the all the dialogue files translated, I feel that the work is not complete and thus I am releasing an unfinished product. I cannot accept this.

2. If I release now and then re-release it with the translations, there will be versions of the RP 1.3 floating around the net without the latest translated dialogue files which will lead to confusion.

3. There are people who do play the RP with Polish/French dialogue and it just isn't fair to them to have an incomplete experience.

It is my fault for sending the new dialogue files later than what I wanted thereby leading to this new delay. Still, it gives me more time to test and ponder any other changes I wish to include in this release. Hang in there everyone.

<center>

</center>

Sumguy21 said:
Well, best of luck to you on getting that done. I really can't wait...
As of right now, I have already waited for Polish and German, so it would not be fair to not wait for French translations as well. Don't worry though, I truly do not want to hold this forever. I have decided that if I don't receive anything by the end of this coming weekend, I am going to release. (assuming RL doesn't have something unexpected in store for me) As far as I know, the French translators are busy with RL, so I cannot really push them. Remember, they are doing this in their free time and out of the goodness of their hearts. As am I.

In addition, I am finishing up the changes for Kaga, so even if I got the French text files right now, I would not be able to release for a another day or two.

Again, I apologize for the numerous delays in this release. I want this release to be as complete as possible with as few re-releases (hopefully none) as possible. Do remember that this release will require everyone to start a new game, so if you are hoping to migrate from a 1.1/1.2 save, you will not be able to. Future releases (as far as I know) will not require one to start a brand new game.

killap said:
Yes, installing the RP with the French language module will make all text (or at least 99% of text) be in French and it will work just fine with any version of F2 you choose to install.

I call this "good news".

killap said:
I have decided that if I don't receive anything by the end of this coming weekend, I am going to release. (assuming RL doesn't have something unexpected in store for me)

I call this very good news :D Good luck Killap.

Owen said:
Will the 1.3 Unofficial Patch also require starting a new game?
Yes and no. If you want the "too many items" bug fix to take effect, you will have to start a new game. If not, then you can continue right along with an old save. With the RP 1.3, if you try and use a 1.0/1.1/1.2 save, the game will crash when you try loading it.

Killap - you are da best! :mrgreen: Maybe we can have a changelog while you are finishing with translation stuff? :D

I would like to see more info about the NPCs - or at least just if they will be as strong as the strongest of the vanilla ones (IMO 1: Cassidy 2: Skynet 3: Vic 4: Sulik 5: Marcus), how levels will they have, at which player level will they start leveling and how often do they gain a level (I am planning on powerplaying).

Now, I don't post much (haven't in a long time, either), but I played Restoration 1.0 - it was fantastic! I really couldn't believe how much had been added, and how much better it made the game.

That's right. It was BETTER THAN FALLOUT 2! :shock:

I'm incredibly happy to see that you have continued to update and add content, all in the spirit of Fallout, all smoothly executed.

I suppose what I'm really trying to say is THANK YOU!

I really appreciate it. :)

Looking forward to future releases, I almost can't believe that things can get better but it appears they can! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back