Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure if we could have the game perfectly written game in english and perfectly written in our native language most people would choose their native language.

But personally, I consider it a good thing that we've gotten to the point where we have a universal language (English) that most people understand well enough that they'd prefer it above having text of slightly lesser quality in their native language. :wink:

killap said:
Oh, I fully understand that it is nearly impossible to capture the original feel of a text when translating. I just wanted to comment that no matter what I do there is always someone wanting more. :wink: 8-)
I'm sorry, but I say not about text, mostly- about sound. Good localization of text is difficult, but real. Sound- another thing. I can't imagine how horrible will be officer from Enclave on russian, for example- actor is genius!
But I think in each language may be examples of perfect localizations, rare but may be. For example- russian Full Trottle is mach better then original :)
Sorry for my english, I read much better, than write

killap said:
Still, it gives me more time to test and ponder any other changes I wish to include in this release. Hang in there everyone.

Hey, I know I already brought this up on these forums before and it was debated over but I'll mention it again in case you did not see it and since 1.3 hasn't been released yet. So in 1.3, can you make it so that the money does not appear in the inventory of the 2 shopkeepers in San Francisco? They always spawn like $3000-6000, which you can just steal. Or even better: spend $50,000 on stuff in their shops, and then steal that $50,000 right back. Now spend it again, and in few turns you buy their whole inventory without losing a $! I don't think that's very fair or balanced and I believe it should be fixed. You can't steal money from other shopkeepers in this game, why should you be able to steal from 2 best ones?

P.S. I realize there's plenty of ways to gather $1,000,000 if someone really wanted to, but this is something that should be fixed just for the sake of balance and temptation to steal money so easily ;p

killap said:
In any event, this extra time has allowed me to reconsider kaga and I have decided he needs a major overhaul. I strayed too much from his original intent and I will be changing this. Kaga was the most hated part of the RP and I intend to fix this.

The Kaga encounters were neat. The problem I had with them was Kaga's own lameness. It was quite incredible that this guy was the great first Chosen One who had been "corrupted" by the Wastes when he behaved like I. R. Baboon.

I don't see the problem with Kaga, I loved that guy.

He is basically what you would become if you played a bastard. He kind of reminds me of Darth Vader.

The only annoying thing is having to listen everytime to his first encounter speech. Also, it would be good if you could salvage his PA MK II when you kill him.

Chancellor Kremlin said:

He is basically what you would become if you played a bastard. He kind of reminds me of Darth Vader.

The only annoying thing is having to listen everytime to his first encounter speech. Also, it would be good if you could salvage his PA MK II when you kill him.

That's just unfair to Darth Vader. Vader is a legitimately scary guy. He doesn't refer to himself in third person or bawl that he'll be back to get you next time when you defeat him. If you met Darth Vader in person you would shit yourself. If you met Kaga you wouldn't be able to take him seriously until he pulled out a weapon and started shooting at you.

encinodude said:
Chancellor Kremlin said:

That's just unfair to Darth Vader. Vader is a legitimately scary guy. He doesn't refer to himself in third person or bawl that he'll be back to get you next time when you defeat him. If you met Darth Vader in person you would shit yourself. If you met Kaga you wouldn't be able to take him seriously until he pulled out a weapon and started shooting at you.
Well, when Dart Vader will have intellect=3 or less- he will be the same :)

About Kaga I mostly hate the fact that for some strange reason player character doesn't know about Kaga and his mission. For example when player character completes Temple of Trials everyone in Arroyo knows perfectly who is the Chosen One.

Nantes said:
About Kaga I mostly hate the fact that for some strange reason player character doesn't know about Kaga and his mission. For example when player character completes Temple of Trials everyone in Arroyo knows perfectly who is the Chosen One.

Killap did kind of explain that with one character, I think, where it's taboo to speak about Kaga after his "fall".

Nantes said:

This has been addressed in the upcoming release, as Kaga's backstory has been revamped a bit to be more logical and to fall more in line with the developers original intent.

encinodude said:
Killap did kind of explain that with one character, I think, where it's taboo to speak about Kaga after his "fall".
Yes, Mynoc actually tells about Kaga and why they didn't mention about him. But where was the Chosen One and why they don't know each other? Arroyo is not too big, player character is not from outside and everybody should know each other, I think.
Dravean said:
This has been addressed in the upcoming release, as Kaga's backstory has been revamped a bit to be more logical and to fall more in line with the developers original intent.
Thanks, that sounds great, I hope Kaga will remain in RP 1.3 but will fit more naturally.

Besides, killap, thanks for your great job! Also thanks to all other moders and translators.

delamer@mail.ru said:
encinodude said:
Chancellor Kremlin said:

Well, when Dart Vader will have intellect=3 or less- he will be the same :)

I meant it as in the sense that he was literally The Chosen One, meant to save the tribe, but instead succumbs to greed and ambition (the dark side) and is now out to destroy all he once loved and fought for.

Not in a scary sense. Hah, he is pretty pathetic. There should be a script where if by the third encounter you have accumulated enough negative xp and bad reputations you get to join him in his mission, or better, he gets to join you as an NPC! That would be cool...

Nice 1st post dude, do you have the Presence perk? You entered the and commanded attention (at least mine) :)

zenitfan4life said:
... So in 1.3, can you make it so that the money does not appear in the inventory of the 2 shopkeepers in San Francisco? (...) this is something that should be fixed just for the sake of balance and temptation to steal money so easily

You don't like it, control yourself and DON'T steal. Just leave my money source alone, I don't want to waste years looting raiders just to do semething that can be done in days. :x

My opinion? All shopkeepers should have money in inventory for the honest thiefs in the wastes. Now that would be consistence! :mrgreen:

My ignorant opinion: By the time you get to San Francisco (cheating or not) the game is already far out of balance and nothing can really be done about it.

None of the merchants carry enough money to buy everything you pick up from dead enemies, and only NCR (first) and SF (second) have anything to trade for that is better than what you have already found, as far as I can tell.

What are you going to buy with your million$?

The only way to balance the game is to make the number and power of enemies match the player skill level.

So you probably wouldn't encounter a band of 8 Raiders between Modoc and VC the first time, but only 4-5 (?) You also should not get a random encounter with a cave full of pigrats at level 20, or only 3 Enclave troops. Reading encounter tables, it seems the game engine does not take player level into account, ever, so it's nothing Killap can do anything about.

Well, maybe something miraculous could be done with SFall if someone knew what they were doing, but I doubt that is within the intention of RP.

IMHO, autoleveling is widespread desease, serving a stub for the poor design and killing interest to any game with level-up system. It's bright side of the ol' Fallout that autoleveling is not used there. Better to leave the game unbalanced.

Level scaling is NOT an option! It was a disaster in Oblivion I've heard.
I too wish the game was better balanced, but not that way.
Oh, and yeah, stealing from the San Fran shopkeepers is really not a big issue, just leave it as it is.

@ Alchemist & Darek,

Understood. Level Scaling or auto-leveling is a stupid idea when you put it that way. I didn't know what it was called. The game world has no idea what our level is.

I like it the way it is too, of course. I meet that gang of New Reno Mobsters and they run away! And we are certain to meet caves of pigrats all the time. What I meant was that some enemies might get smarter as the game goes along, like Raiders, Mobsters, Enclave troops, Hubologists. But that's stupid also if I am leaving no survivors. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back