Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badger said:
Do you think I should uninstall everything, and reinstall from scratch + start a brand new game?
Yes, it's probably best to reinstall everything. You can possibly use your old saves though.
I looked at your save, it seems to mess up one of the Kaga encounters. When I loaded your game and went straight to EPA, it was messed up. But if I load your game and leave the map, then enter the same map again I get the Kaga encounter every time. After that the EPA works as normal again.

Dog armor seems messed up a bit.. first, dogmeat refuses to run in combat mode with it, choosing to walk instead, which is rather annoying (slow). Second, his barking sound is gone,making his attack animation totally silent. Third, I'm not sure whether the armor had any effect at all: he still pretty much receives high damage from everything.

Marcus on the other hand looks totally badass in his metal armor. But, I'm suspicious. Does it really work? I mean, does it provide any extra DR/DT? It somehow feels that it does not.

What are the stats of both of the armors, btw?

@ Darek - I reinstalled everything and my saves are indeed working, thanks. :)

I hope I won't run into any more problems.

Holy crap!

I have been having some small issues with the Restoration mod, but now, near the end of the game, i stole plans for the vertibird and when i go back to SF and enter, or rather try to enter china town, the cursor freezes and i have to ctrl-alt-del it, end process...i have tried everything...

Game stoping bug...crap...after so long...

Boxan said:
i have tried everything...
No you haven't. :P
You are suffering from the "too many items" bug, but it should be fixable. What you need to do is copy the file SFCHINA.SAV from a working save slot (one where you have been to San Francisco) into your broken save slot.

Also have a look at this list of items. Remove most of those object from your inventory (party + car as well) to stop the crash from reappearing.

Darek said:
@ Badger,
Why are you using an extra fire gecko mod? You can skin them already as it is in the RP mod.
Also, you don't need the Fallout 2 1.02 official patch, it's included as well.

You can skin fire Geckos in RP?! Nice, I haven't even thought of trying it. Thanks for heads up!

Also, where are we suppose to report issues/bugs?

can you answer my question regarding dogmeat, Killap? :) I mean, is it intended to work that way? also, some details on those armor pieces would be welcome.

Edit: This issue is now resolved. I had the previous v1.1 of the mod installed and forgot to uninstall that before installing the new version. Turns out all I had to do was uninstall it and change the compatibility mode of the program from Windows 98 back to default.

I'm having trouble running the game with this mod. When I start Fallout 2, it goes to a loading screen, and then suddenly changes into a colourless screen saying "wmArealnit::Error Loading Cities!". I close the window (clicked OK too), the game closes, and I'm back at my desktop. I've tried re-installing, but it still does the same thing every time. I've tried the citylimit49_mapper patch; same results.

It works fine without the mod.

Here's an image:

fallouterroryy0.jpg

Heres a fun little annoyance that I thought I would report as a bug: I went to use some explosives (had it equipped in a weapons spot). When I activated it the timer setter came up, but I decided against it and clicked Cancel. The explosive still dropped to the ground. Shouldn't it stay in my inventory when I Cancel? The timer was not set when I hit cancel...

This doesnt happen when I use it from my inventory since I have to do the extra step of dropping it from my inv.

Re: Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expans

Hi there,

I've hitten a bug in EPA (or I'm just clueless, however, there's no hint on what's the problem, so that may be considered a bug anyway).

I'm unable to get any of the Directors (except for the Director of Science, which I have repaired) to stop conferencing. They just keep talking, and everytime I try to talk to any of them, they tell me to come back later or "can't you see I'm at a conference?". I tried hour after hour, they're conferencing all damn day, and day after day..

Is the conferencing supposed to be triggered off by some action? Or are they supposed to stop conferencing in a given time period?

Either way, I'm stuck. ;)

DForge said:
Dog armor seems messed up a bit.. first, dogmeat refuses to run in combat mode with it, choosing to walk instead, which is rather annoying (slow). Second, his barking sound is gone,making his attack animation totally silent. Third, I'm not sure whether the armor had any effect at all: he still pretty much receives high damage from everything.

Marcus on the other hand looks totally badass in his metal armor. But, I'm suspicious. Does it really work? I mean, does it provide any extra DR/DT? It somehow feels that it does not.

What are the stats of both of the armors, btw?

I admit I haven't actually play tested the armor for Marcus/dogmeat. I only checked that the armor can actually be obtained and that they do change appearance when you put the armor on them.

The issue with dogmeat not running sounds like frms are missing. I will look into the issue. As for the armor appearing to not do anything, did dogmeat happen to level up since you put the armor on him?

I will probably be modifying Marcus's armor but at the moment, both the armor for dogmeat and Marcus add the following traits/perks to the NPC:

1 level of stonewall
dermal armor
dermal enhancement
phoenix armor
phoenix enhancement
2 levels of dodger
3 levels of toughness

I think I bought it for dogmeat when he was already level 6.

Thanks for the info, now that's a good armor, obviously. What modifications do you have in mind, btw - and - do those perk work for NPCs? I have tested it a bit but marcus should reach 80% DR with those on level 6, and he still seems pretty fragile to me. 80/6 should pretty much make him invulnerable to normal weapons, yet Sulik, cassidy or Vic in power armors with 40/12 seem more sturdy. Perhaps its the higher DT part.

To clarify: Dogmeat does run, but not in combat mode (although it actually happened once - in Mariposa base - he ran like he should towards a mutant that was pretty much the farthest one around, contrary to the 'attack nearest' setting - he refused to attack him, though!). He's pretty apathetic too - on random encounters, he doesn't even move, despite the 'charge' setup, perhaps because my stats make the random critters spawn pretty far away from me on random encounter. He does attack when a hostile critter is very close to him, though. Something got royally screwed in his combat behavior.

I have a couple of questions.

My first question is: What tools are needed to change things around with this mod?? I noticed that certain ones simply won't work while others do just fine. The "Official Mapmaker" refuses to work for sure. Trying to use it will bring up a message which says something like "wrong version. U.S. v 1.02 was expected" it then quits. By contrast, the Fallout weapon editor v1.3.0.3 works just fine.

The reason that I am asking is because I would like to switch a couple of rather minor (but Extremely irritating IMHO) things around. For instance, the Bozar is now Full Auto only; Even though the description says it is a sniper rifle. Thankfully, I found that the fallout weapon editor v1.3.0.3 works fine for changing this.

Another instance is that the troops wearing combat armor in the NCR Bazaar have these weapons. In my opinion, they probably would be better served by something like a M60 instead. (I need a tool for changing this)

And finally I have one mod in particular which I would like to incorporate into this game (modrunner and fame won't cut it). The one I would like to see is the "lootable armor" mod which makes your opponents drop the armor they are wearing when they are eliminated. (I need a tool for this as well)

Thanks in advance

You shouldn't use both the regular and enhanced implant perks, as the enhancements have no effect if you have the regular ones. (Per's guide actually documents this, as Dr. Fung demonstrates this bug.) Maybe it's possible to hack it so they can stack instead.

Kanhef said:
You shouldn't use both the regular and enhanced implant perks, as the enhancements have no effect if you have the regular ones. (Per's guide actually documents this, as Dr. Fung demonstrates this bug.)
Yes, this is one of the changes I will be making to the armor. I actually didn't determine these stats for the armor but just used what I was told. I realized after the fact (using the information I learned from fixing the Dr. Fung bug) that both regular and enhanced implant perks shouldn't be used together.

I am actually open to suggestions regarding stats for both dogmeat's and Marcus' armor.

@Inteck
The official mapper should work just fine, so I am not sure what is wrong on your end.

And just for the record:

-The only change to the Bozar is a sound change (as directed by Per's guide) so it was always automatic.
-The guards in NCR always had Bozars, nothing changed here.

Obviously you are free to make any changes you want.

The lootable armor mod will take scripting changes. You should use the Fallout 2 Script Editor for this.

Vault Village

I find myself frustrated - especially since I've had to register here to get the answer to my question.
Question: Where is Vault Village? How do I get there? As far as I can determine, it isn't on the world map in close proximity to VC/Gecko. I can't find an exit grid in VC or Gecko that leads to it. I've found mention in this thread of Connar, and Killap made mention of finding him in VC somewhere, but I can't find him. In game, I've talked to the Brain, I repaired the reactor, and then suddenly the Brain is talking about a deal to call off his monsters. McClure is suddenly talking about calling off a raid. I know there are quests there. I just can't find the bloody location. Where is Vault Village? Anyone? Thank you for your assistance.

Inteck said:
The "Official Mapmaker" refuses to work for sure. Trying to use it will bring up a message which says something like "wrong version. U.S. v 1.02 was expected" it then quits.

Did you install the mapper into the same directory as fallout? It sounds like it's trying to load sfall.

If you install the mapper into a subdirectory of the fallout folder it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back