Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, thanks to Derek for answering my previous question.

I have 2 minor issues to report (to help 1.3 become even better):

1). In Anna's house in Den, there's a shovel lying on floor next to Anna's diary under the bookcase. If you search the bookcase, there's also a shovel in there. I think that one of the shovels should be removed, no reasons to have them both there =)

2). At the slaver camp, once you threaten Dan with Metzeger and he hands you the keys to the slave shack, he and the rest of the slavers don't react if u get caught stealing from them. I've tried numerous times getting caught on purpose but they just stand there like dummies.

Lord Danath said:
Did you have any luck finding which of the extras caused the problems with the missing FRMs in the EPA?
Yeah sorry I forgot. The NPC Armor Appearance Mod needs to be installed, otherwise the Environmental armor and the fruit flies wont work in the EPA.

@ killap, I tried with the manual install as well, and that would not work correctly either. So something is missing or wrong with the minimal install.

Darek said:
The NPC Armor Appearance Mod needs to be installed, otherwise the Environmental armor and the fruit flies wont work in the EPA.
Why would there be a dependancy between NPC Armor Mod and the addition of the Environmental Armor and Mutant Fruit Flies?

Killap is this dependancy true?

DForge said:
I think you should check this one, killap.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43705

Obviously some weird kind of bug that I was fortunately able to fix, but I'm pretty certain that as long as the 75/79 protos remain in CRIT folder, Skynet's level up will be bugged.
I heard about base proto files messing up NPCs and their leveling. Does this base proto ever reappear in your critter folder after playing the game?

Thanks for this information regarding Skynet. I had another report before regarding this and I had no idea what was wrong.

@Glovz

The issue might have been the result of how I set things up in the installer. It isn't always easy/clean to make a Fallout mod modular. Still, I have redone some things with the installer, so this issue should hopefully not occur anymore.

killap said:
I heard about base proto files messing up NPCs and their leveling. Does this base proto ever reappear in your critter folder after playing the game?

This goes for all original party NPCs. I have no idea what the triggers are, or even if it is random. But, the game (or mapper) will generate all party NPC proto files in the game (about 20 of them). For some reason, though, sometimes they are not deleted as they should be. Once that happens, until you delete them, the NPCs will not level up correctly. You just have to check the folder from time to time to ensure that they are not there.

Killap: well, the file hasn't re-popped yet, and I hope it won't.

The only bad thing is that the only way of fixing the bug is to get another level-up for the NPCs, meaning you are stuck with his bugged form for 3-4 levels. Oh well, at least it's temporary.

MIB88: That seems pretty annoying, having save/reload in a different slot and check NPCs hp every time they gain a level to see if the base proto file haven't popped up at the CRIT folder. Looks like an engine issue to me. I have to say I never encountered that bug in vanilla fallout 2 though, I learned about it after I tried to tinker level 0 protos (which of course produced the effect of "forgetting levels"). Perhaps some of Killap's modifications are indirectly responsible for this.

DForge said:
I have to say I never encountered that bug in vanilla fallout 2 though, I learned about it after I tried to tinker level 0 protos (which of course produced the effect of "forgetting levels"). Perhaps some of Killap's modifications are indirectly responsible for this.

The same thing happens in the Megamod... It's not just an RP thing. So, yes, it is something with the engine and mods in general most likely. With the Megamod, I might play for days or even weeks and not see these protos show up. Like I said, if you delete the base protos as soon as they appear, your NPCs will level correctly. But, if you are going to play with altered the base protos, then there might not be anything you can do about it.

I didn't see it in the wiki... Has anyone mentioned yet about Metzger's slave camp dialog ending with two dialog options that are identical. I thought one of them would start combat, so I had always selected the first one, but last night I tested the second option and it seemed to have no effect either (although I didn't check Karma).

Ok, I finally finished the Enclave (it was extremely hard, but the satisfaction of having killed them all was great) so I went to Redding to test the implants bug I mentioned earlier.

I talked with Doc Johnson and didn't get the option to ask about the implants at first, so I tried using an antidote and some radaway and then talk to him again, this time it worked fine.

Problem is that my character screen said nohing about being poisoned or radiated in any way. So I guess it was one of those weird engine bugs.

Also, when giving the botany holodisk to brother Paul in the Abbey when he ask that you upload the data in their computers one of the answers you can give is error.

Hello everyone,

I've got small problem with RP and EPA. I got info about EPA from some random traveller, I went there and when I enter it I get this:
. Graphics are messed up, any help with this please?
[/img]

Badger:

You should try sending your replay to someone to test it, that way it will be possible to tell whether there's something wrong with your maps or it's a whole other issue.

Also, did you download all the updates from the front page?

Hello,

Thanks zenitfan for the response. Yes, I have those updates installed. Also, don't know if it matters but I'm playing on Vista Ultimate 32.

I uploaded my save (quicksave), which is near the EPA - if anyone could test if the map loads properly for them, I'd be happy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/132074281/SLOT10.rar

edit: Damn! I forgot to mention that I am using firegecko mod which lets your character skin fire geckos. Without this mod savegame won't load I'm afraid.

Yes, it is weird. I wonder whether this firegecko had anything to do with this, I really doubt it though.

This is my first try with Restoration Project and EPA was the second NEW location that I have visited. The first one was the Primitive Tribe and everything was ok, no corrupted graphics. Other old locations - ok, just EPA gives me the problem.

I reinstalled everything to a new partition, copied saves etc. and this is a no go. Still corrupted at EPA.

Are you trying to use this with another mod? Your mod is missing some files or has the wrong ones inside. You could try reinstalling the mod. Or, if you have the manual installation, then recopy the folder data/proto/critters, data/proto/items, data/maps, and data/data. If you have no idea what I am talking about, then you might just need to redownload the mod and try again.
Also, just in case, make sure that the files in your data/proto/critters and data/proto/items are set to read only.

@ MIB88, thanks for the reply.

The only other mod I'm using is the firegecko mod which lets me skin geckos.

I have installed Fallout 2 > Fallout 2 1.02 official patch > Restoration Project 1.2 with the installer, not the manual version.

edit: I just reinstalled only the RP and hey, now it works. Thank you very much. :)
I'm a happy camper now.

@ Darek - I didn't knew I could. Guess I missed that part.
But now that I have reinstalled the RP I can enter EPA with no problem, so I guess it is ok? I can't take out the file responsible for this mod, because my saves won't work.

And about the fire geckos - should I be able to skin all of them? I mean, sometimes in the random encounter I meet like 7 firegeckos, and I can skin like 5-6 but no all of them, is this normal?

Thank you all for your help and patience for my person. And sorry about my English, it is not my native language.

@ Badger,
Why are you using an extra fire gecko mod? You can skin them already as it is in the RP mod.
Also, you don't need the Fallout 2 1.02 official patch, it's included as well.

Badger said:
The only other mod I'm using is the firegecko mod which lets me skin geckos.

I have installed Fallout 2 > Fallout 2 1.02 official patch > Restoration Project 1.2 with the installer, not the manual version.

First: What do you mean you have the fire gecko mod installed? Do you mean you installed it seperately? Or was it installed from the RP installer?

Second: Where did you read that you are to install the game, then the official patch, then the RP? I suggest you also look back at that. People add in extra steps, and then there is just more of a chance for something to go wrong.

@ MIB88 - Yes, I have installed it separately. I didn't knew it was included in the RP, the same with this offical patch. So I guess I messed everything up.

Do you think I should uninstall everything, and reinstall from scratch + start a brand new game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back