Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all Thanks a million to Killap for the RP patch, made Fallout 2 a new game for me.

But I did run into 1 small problem: Initially Algernon (the guy who upgrades weapons for free under New Reno Arms) removes an upgradeable weapon and gives you an upgraded one, but I just tried upgrading some weapons and it seems that Algernon is not removing the weapon from my inventory, and just simply giving me the upgraded version for free. Not all weapons do this strangely enough, Laser Pistol and Hunting Rifle get upgraded as normal, but the ones that gives problems are .44 Magnum, Desert Eagle, Plasma Rifle, Power Fist to name but a few.

Anyone got a solution?

Edit: Seems the problem doesnt JUST lie with Algernon, the game seem to have problems taking items out of my inventory while in a dialogue, I completed the 10 Cat's Paw magazine quest, got the special ed Cats Paw but still have the 10 in my inventory

There's a bug in the Vault Village quest. When you are trying to deliver guns to the village and come too late (molerats slayed and people gone, expect one woman in a tent), the game crashes when you try to leave the village.

@killap can you explain why some people have the bag bug and others not??
I check 10 cas paw and it works fine(== they disappear)...(have save)
I check also .44 Magnum, Desert Eagle and they also disappear. Only power fist not (so the bug is true) but its very strange that some players have more bag bug and some don't have it.

One question: can this restoration project be used together with killap's unofficial patch? I have both installed, is it ok?

There are very good suggestions from BOS Man (previews page)where we have to think about, especially after been finished the game....Thank´s for pointing that out... :clap:

clones:
The bag bug only affects items below it in your inventory, which is what makes it seem random.

smurgul:
The RP includes all of the fixes from the unofficial patch. This has been asked and answered many times.

The warrior at the Primitive Tribe will accept either regular or sharpened spears.. this is true.. BUT ive found a problem with him accepting combat knives... he wouldnt accept them - so i had to then find machete style knives and he accepted these!

have a few bugs I never ran into before the restoration project.

1) lost all my inventory after exiting temple of trials.

2) sulik won't attack any enemy with a crippled limb. he just stops fighting. happened more than once now.

3) I killed the rat god and the quest won't finish. I still need to kill him, even though he's dead. this could have to do with the fact that I have the finesse perk, and I hit him for 0 damage, but did some kind of super critical and it killed him. he's dead, though. blood. corpse. I've entered and re-entered the area. he's dead. but I can't finish the quest. :(

Mattaus said:
The warrior at the Primitive Tribe will accept either regular or sharpened spears.. this is true.. BUT ive found a problem with him accepting combat knives... he wouldnt accept them - so i had to then find machete style knives and he accepted these!
This is true, he only accepts regular knives. He does say this, doesn't he?

Skynet said:
How's the item script to player script workaround is coming along, Killap?
It's going. I had to make some changes to how I initially approached it.

Just so everyone knows, it will require map changes, so the "fix" will only truly take affect with a new game.

twotimingpete said:
Never heard of this...

twotimingpete said:
2) sulik won't attack any enemy with a crippled limb. he just stops fighting. happened more than once now.
I'm pretty sure this happened in vanilla FO2 as well.

twotimingpete said:
3) I killed the rat god and the quest won't finish. I still need to kill him, even though he's dead. this could have to do with the fact that I have the finesse perk, and I hit him for 0 damage, but did some kind of super critical and it killed him. he's dead, though. blood. corpse. I've entered and re-entered the area. he's dead. but I can't finish the quest. :(
Yeah, this is the result of killing someone with a critical hit. Apparently the death procedure is never run when this happens and thus none of the variables are set.

This critical hit death bug seems to be happening to many people. Did this happen in vanilla FO2 as well? Can anyone comment on this?

about the critical hit bug has never shown itself to me ever, in vanilla f02 or any other version of it, Ive been playing it for 10 years and never once got a 0 damage critical kill. So I don't think this effects everyone, Ive had some high critical hit chances too, even boosted it like 33% and still never got a zero damage kill.

Critical hit death bug; never seen it myself, but it may have gone unnoticed for even this long given ending a quest via a critical hit should be a rare event and I would imagine those quests that require someone/something to die might also have other factors in the quest that cause it to be completed or not, thus making it an even more uncommon occurrence.

And just to get it out of the way, the AP ammo mod (soon to be Combat Overhaul mod only) does not affect the way criticals work in any way.

@twotimingpete

3) I killed the rat god and the quest won't finish. I still need to kill him, even though he's dead. this could have to do with the fact that I have the finesse perk, and I hit him for 0 damage, but did some kind of super critical and it killed him. he's dead, though. blood. corpse. I've entered and re-entered the area. he's dead. but I can't finish the quest. Sad

1) I know this sounds silly but did you check that your inventory hasn't been placed in the box just outside the room where you fight the guy?

3)This happened to me too. It also happened in a couple of other missions. I had Finesse as well. Apparently its a bug with the engine, as it happened in the original version too.

I've put more hours in, and I've noticed an overall trend of weapons doing less damage. sometimes things are normal, but other times weapons keep hitting for 1, 2, or even 0 damage over and over even when it seems like they shouldn't be.

and sometimes enemies who are very hurt and retreating can't seem to be hurt. I had a farmer woman run from me upon being close to deaht, and I cahsed her around hitting her for 0 damage for quite some time, and eventually just gave up. this was at level 7ish with one of those FMJ rifles and a .44 revolver.

I've played through the entire game a couple times in the past, btw.

twotimingpete said:
Try checking the chest outside the room where you fought Cameron.

killap said:
This critical hit death bug seems to be happening to many people. Did this happen in vanilla FO2 as well? Can anyone comment on this?
I don't think it happened in the Official Fallout patch 1.2 because I remember critically killing the Rat god in the eyes while dealing only about 10 damage.

I would also like to confirm these 2 previously mentioned were the result of the nasty bag found in Modoc.

zenitfan4life said:
1). I accepted Farrell's quest to help him find the golden watch. When I killed the mole rat, found it, and approached him, he thanked me, told me that he and Cornelius can be friends again, I got my 1,500xp, but the watch remained in my inventory. In addition, the dialog option about his safe remained, and he kept getting pissed about it. And he stays pissed at you even after you help him find the golden watch.

2). Council McClure is bugged. Every time you tell him that you have a plan to optimize the Gecko plant, he also offers to take a look at the economic data disc, and you keep getting 750XP every time you mention it to him. You can get as much as XP as you want this way. I think that the variable for completion of this quest is never canceled out and he is caught in a loop. Maybe removing the option to keep telling him about optimizing the plant after the first time you get his permission to access the Vault's files should solve this bug.

I suspect many other similar bugs mentioned in F2RP technical wiki are the result of this bag as well.

P.S. Marcus looks amazing in his new Armor now, although he does remind me of that one time the Lieutenant threw me into the bucket full of FEV...

So far I have played through the game and it has been bug free. Only time my game crashed was when I hacked the SAD comp that allows you to disable shock plates and force fields. When I kill the shock plates and then go and disable the force field, my shit crashes.

Also an interesting bug happens when I am a Slaver and I do Bishop's jobs and part with him, I don't get any option to be a Made Man. And when I threaten Angela Bishop as a Female, it seems John Bishop gets that dialogue portion for Angela's response for being told her death will look like suicide.

and I can't hurt the wadamingos in redding's mine... wtf... I remember them being tough early in the game, but invincible? wtf is going on.. honestly?

I'm level 7 with a combat shotgun and 130% small arms. I should be able to hurt them. they get hit for 0 damage every time. sulik and vic also can't hurt them.

something is VERY different. can anyone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back