Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
twotimingpete said:
and I can't hurt the wadamingos in redding's mine... wtf... I remember them being tough early in the game, but invincible? wtf is going on.. honestly?

I'm level 7 with a combat shotgun and 130% small arms. I should be able to hurt them. they get hit for 0 damage every time. sulik and vic also can't hurt them.

something is VERY different. can anyone explain?
Is the ap ammo mod enabled? Go to your main Fallout 2 directory, look for a file called ddraw.ini, scroll down to DamageFormula, and change it to 0 (it is probably set to 1 right now)

yeah I didn't know there was a combat overhaul in the restoration project, but I definitely noticed substantial differences in combat.

at the core I like the idea of ammo types and armor making more difference, but the way it's implemented in the game sometimes fights just go on forever where people can't hurt eachother or can barely hurt eachother. some types of enemies seem to die easily but others for some reason (such as the rats outside the wadamingo mine -- RATS!) take very little damage. and the wadamingos are currently IMMUNE to anything I can throw at them at level 8 with over 130 firearms and combat shotguns/etc. everyone in my party hits them for 0 damage.

it's nice to be trying to do something with the ammo types, but as it stands I'd label it broken.

yeep... seems there's a downside to turning it off, as well. I turned the combat mod off and suddenly I'm dying all the time. seems there's two sides to the coin. hmmm.

I don't remember getting so abused in certain parts of the game last time I played it... but I guess it has been a while.

what's "tweaked version of the original formula" in the ddraw? that's the 2 setting... I noticed default is 1. if 2 is more up to date, why does it start out on 1? thanks

First, do not post multiple times after your own or the moderators will give you a warning. Use the EDIT button on your last post.

The tweaked formula does not take into account what ammo you are using, so using it might be ok.

The Damageformula value in the ddraw.ini is only set to 1 if you chose to install the AP ammo mod using killap's installer.

i installed fallout 2 + restoration 1.2
on my laptop and have a problem

the fade in fade out effect is slooooow

it doesn't happen on my other computer....
:(

stlkr said:
i installed fallout 2 + restoration 1.2
on my laptop and have a problem

the fade in fade out effect is slooooow

it doesn't happen on my other computer....
:(
Are you running XP/Vista? I have noticed this happen on my XP machine. It appears to just be an issue with newer OS - not the fault of the RP.

is there any other things that work with RP like combat overhaul mod and sfall? I'd would like to max out my playing before I jump into a full game of Fallout RP.

also, I was unable to get past the deathclaw in abbey, he was taking zero damage shots, plus I notice that a bag is down there, I saved quite soon after I found the bag, I picked it up mucked around with it then dropped it. did this affect my save even through I never exploited the bug? could their be a script error with the book you must get, I ran from the deathclaw with book inhand yet unable to finish quest, Roaches vermin lice mice gnats rats.

I dont really want to download RP again, is there fixes I could just drag n drop? I know theres a few on this thread but which ones would I need for the latest version from last month.......

The latest fixes can be found in the first post of this thread - killap keeps it up-to-date.

sfall is included in killap's RP - in fact it's needed for the RP to work, but there are some options in there you may want to look over, just edit the ddraw.ini file with notepad.

The Combat Overhaul Mod is compatible with RP version 1.2 - I will need to double check it once version 1.3 comes out. Also note you can technically use the Combat Overhaul Mod with the Damageformula setting in ddraw.ini set to 0, 1, or 2 but was intended for use with it set to 1.

You have to be careful with which mods you add on top of others, not all are compatible with each other. Unfortunately you need to read which are good with what, no easy answer.

Im more thinking of the line of your mod, resolution mod, and mods like sfall etc...... I should really say tweaks, sorry,
btw glovs hows the kick ass Toronto doing? miss it very much.

by the way do cheat editors like fallche mod the game or just edit the varibles?

every time i go to the hubologist area i get respawned IN the damn plane
sadly i cant go down...reloaded old save same thing
anything i can do?
sadly i cant even take a screenshot since the shot wont come out

Dourvas said:
every time i go to the hubologist area i get respawned IN the damn plane
sadly i cant go down...reloaded old save same thing
anything i can do?
sadly i cant even take a screenshot since the shot wont come out

try replacing the map file in your save game with a fresh one. or remove yourself from sanfran save then remove the corrupt files, if that doesnt help, ask master picnic basket. (killap)
Code:
http://funnyordie.com/paris_hilton

I noticed to my chagrin that Suze, Badger's gf, does not have the capability of being moved out of one's way. How did I discover this? After clearing out the tanker's pests, she followed me into the little computer/generator room underneath the stairs... and blocked me in next to one of the generators. For good. No way to get her to leave. Luckily, I had a recent save game, so it wasn't a show stopper.

Well, I just fought the battle with Lara's gang in The Den and it was ridiculous. Nobody couldn't do any damage to anyone. Took very long. So I guess I should set the damageformula to 0 from the .ini, then? Does this make the game as it was before or are there other modifications to the combat in the RP as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back