Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GanymeDes- said:
Well, I just fought the battle with Lara's gang in The Den and it was ridiculous. Nobody couldn't do any damage to anyone. Took very long. So I guess I should set the damageformula to 0 from the .ini, then? Does this make the game as it was before or are there other modifications to the combat in the RP as well?
Yes this was due to the AP ammo Mod; which will be changed in RP 1.3, but for now you can try either DamageFormula = 0 or 2. Changing it to 0 will return to the original damage formula, changing it to 2 will change the formula slightly but not care what ammo you are using (in other words AP ammo will once again suck). You can change this value when ever you want as it will not affect game saves or any other files.

If you don't want AP ammo to suck, you may want to take a look at this thread - http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43677 - or the one in my signature.

earthdude said:
I noticed to my chagrin that Suze, Badger's gf, does not have the capability of being moved out of one's way. How did I discover this? After clearing out the tanker's pests, she followed me into the little computer/generator room underneath the stairs... and blocked me in next to one of the generators. For good. No way to get her to leave. Luckily, I had a recent save game, so it wasn't a show stopper.
Interesting. I will look into this. I guess another vanilla FO2 bug for me to squash.

Killap, I try and max out my npc potential. they only really have one big downfall, thats the "PUSH" command. my question is, could it be changed to 2 hexes or 3 hexes each time you push? thanks

application error

sorry to ask, but i cant search it for nuts it seems...

im not sure its directly related to restoration project but ive encountered the 'application error' problem.

i was in the military base, saved during combat (am i allowed to do that?) and now every time the turn ends it backs to windows xp and spits out application error.

if i need to supply more details yell at me!

thanks. erik.

Re: application error

ic6n said:
sorry to ask, but i cant search it for nuts it seems...

im not sure its directly related to restoration project but ive encountered the 'application error' problem.

i was in the military base, saved during combat (am i allowed to do that?) and now every time the turn ends it backs to windows xp and spits out application error.

if i need to supply more details yell at me!

thanks. erik.

Please provide the error you are seeing, exactly. Others might be able to figure something out from it.

EDIT:
Saving during combat isn't technically bad but it isn't good either. The game engine has troubles with it.

i dont actually get a chance to see it, fallout black screens, i hear the windows DING, sometimes i can alt tab, otherwise i use taskmanager, windows has put up a new window called "application error" but i cant look at it or anything. sorry :(

Never try to save during combat!

Sometimes it works in the Temple of Trials and other places where there are not many enemies or damage areas to calculate. Other places, I'm sure this is the same reason explosives planted crash the game. The engine cannot cope with the math of the possibilities unless it is doing nothing else at the time.

Hi
I found bug with chads quest:
When Chad is in prison and chars go Broken Hills caravan to Valut City, Chad is chief of the caravan and don't want to talk.

The Vault Village seems still very bugged. I wasn't even able to get the "collect food" quest crossed over. After entering the village I talked to Connar and then to her wife Ann and got the quest to collect the food for her. Her dialogue seemed like I would have already solved the village's problem, even though I had not. Also, I was able to ask Brain to stop his molerats from attacking the patrols even if I had not asked anyone about the molerats and where they possibly came from.

There seemed to be many dialogue errors like that in the quest.

Hello,
First of all I would like to thank Killap and other contributors for this fantastic project. I really admire people making Fallout even better:)

Anyway I have nasty problem @ the moment.
When I level up finising the Ghost Farm Quest in Modoc both Sulik and Cassidy also level up. Unfortunatelly , after this they stop engaging in combat and just move away out of the scene.

I have installed the fix which removes randomness from party levelling. However I have also tried a fresh Fallout install + with FO restoration without checking this mod and just moved the savegames. Unfortunatelly the formula was changed but the nasty side-effect for party members after leveling was not.

I also tried rejoining them , taking off armor & weapons but with no luck:(

Here is link to my savegame if it helps , I'm about to talk to Joey for XP reward to trigger party level up. Till that moment they attack normally.

http://singaja.googlepages.com/SLOT07.zip

Started playing F2 w/ Restoration mod some time ago.
I have one problem: I seem to have the ability to jinx slot machines without doing the quest.
This isn't normal, is it?
I'm using version 1.2 of the Restoration Project.
edit: Machines, not matchines, doh

@Alakhaite

did you check if they arent crippled? there is a chance they get crippled when you fall into the slags caves

EDIT: yup. they are crippled. find a doctor or heal them yourself

If possible can you make the Throwing Knives into having 10 quantities for 1 pound whenever you do find a piece. This would greatly improve Throwing Skill and also make it a viable choice for "Ninja" Build?

I still get the "Gravedigger" status from digging the Mordino's stash that Myron points out. I thought this was meant to be changed?

hey
I'd just like to ask if saves from 1.2 will be valid for 1.3. I mean, 1.3 has been announced for August, but i've been itching to start a new game for a while now, so I'm wondering if I should wait for 1.3 and start then, or it will be okay to start now and just upgrade later. I've seen that many bugs will be corrected, so that's also a plus for waiting :)
Thnx

GanymeDes- said:
I still get the "Gravedigger" status from digging the Mordino's stash that Myron points out. I thought this was meant to be changed?
No, I never did change this. I believe the original developers intended for this to happen. That grave uses a unique script and they added the code necessary to give the grave digger perk. It isn't like they are using the generic grave script. As a result I am not going to change this at this time. Just because you know of the stash doesn't mean you magically aren't a grave digger after digging it up.

SilverM said:
I'd just like to ask if saves from 1.2 will be valid for 1.3. I mean, 1.3 has been announced for August, but i've been itching to start a new game for a while now, so I'm wondering if I should wait for 1.3 and start then, or it will be okay to start now and just upgrade later. I've seen that many bugs will be corrected, so that's also a plus for waiting :)
Saves from 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 are not compatible with 1.3 or future versions. Sorry, but there is nothing I can do about this.

Atomic Noodles said:
If possible can you make the Throwing Knives into having 10 quantities for 1 pound whenever you do find a piece. This would greatly improve Throwing Skill and also make it a viable choice for "Ninja" Build?
No, sorry I am not sure this can easily be done.

Tabi said:
Started playing F2 w/ Restoration mod some time ago. I have one problem: I seem to have the ability to jinx slot matchines without doing the quest.
This isn't normal, is it?
No, this isn't normal. This was reported before as well. I will be looking into it.

clones said:
Hi
I found bug with chads quest:
When Chad is in prison and chars go Broken Hills caravan to Valut City, Chad is chief of the caravan and don't want to talk.
Reported before. Something I had overlooked when doing the Chad quest. It should be fixed for 1.3.

GanymeDes- said:
The Vault Village seems still very bugged. I wasn't even able to get the "collect food" quest crossed over. After entering the village I talked to Connar and then to her wife Ann and got the quest to collect the food for her. Her dialogue seemed like I would have already solved the village's problem, even though I had not. Also, I was able to ask Brain to stop his molerats from attacking the patrols even if I had not asked anyone about the molerats and where they possibly came from.
Are you using a savegame from 1.1? If so, that would explain why the quests are massively bugged since the way the variables are handled changed for 1.2. Either way, there have been reports of problems with the Village and I will continue to address them as I find them. Overall the whole VC, Gecko, Vault Village questlines are horribly and needlessly complex. Added the Vault Village quests to the original game was painful as a result of how things were originally setup.

SilverM said:
Darn. :(
Thanks anyway, I guess I'll wait then :D
Do you have an estimate maybe when it would be finished? :oops:
Heh, well I was initially hoping for a mid August release but that isn't happening. I am still hoping for an August release (even it is August 31st) but I cannot make any promises. I am moving into a new apartment on Sunday and then a new semester of classes begins the last week of August. We'll see. I'll keep everyone informed in what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back