Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Brasco

Tony Brasco First time out of the vault

Mar 11, 2010
    It sounds like that you need the DirectX runtime updates. Newest version is February 2010. I don't know what version is required, but newest includes them all and you should install it.

Try here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...80-E94A-4F56-B157-5AB8109CB4F5&displaylang=en

2. Petrell

Petrell First time out of the vault

May 22, 2006
    You need latest Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime (webinstaller) or Microsoft DirectX® end-user redistributable (full installer).

Note that even if you have latest DirectX 10/11 you may not have latest DirectX 9.

3. The_Postman

The_Postman First time out of the vault

Feb 7, 2010
    Guys, I need help...
    Can`t save the game. The "Error saving game. Unable to save game" box appeared. No russian symbols in the installation path, only english.
    Does anybody have this problem?

4. Ervik

Ervik First time out of the vault

Apr 1, 2010
    I get an error when trying to save. Which means I can't save at all...
    What's up with that? Any ideas?

And I get no sound when hitting an enemy either. Enemies makes a sound when hitting me though...

Besides that. My only "complaint" is that the cut karma Vault boy images wasn't added. Except the child killer one...

5. Manu

Manu First time out of the vault

Mar 28, 2010
    that solved it thanks

dx9 mode doesn't run as smooth as the normal hi res one :|

6. SilverM

SilverM It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 16, 2008
    I had no trouble saving. Where have you installed the game? In program Files or custom dir?

7. Dario ff

Dario ff Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 19, 2008
    Just wanted to say thanks for this Killap, I was doubting it was real! I had no errors like sound or the display, or saving, everything works as expected. Don't know why everyone is having so much problems.

8. The_Postman

The_Postman First time out of the vault

Feb 7, 2010
    Guys, I need help...
    Can`t save the game. The "Error saving game. Unable to save game" box appeared. No russian symbols in the installation path, only english. I installed the game in custom folder.
    Does anybody have this problem?

9. Ervik

Apr 1, 2010
    Program Files. You suggest I reinstall Fallout 2 and RP in a custom dir? Always worth a try.
    And btw, the game crashed when trying to load an older save, but I guess that was kinda expected.

10. SilverM

Feb 16, 2008
    Yep, go ahead and try. Especially if you use Vista or 7.

11. Lionel Lark

Lionel Lark First time out of the vault

Mar 24, 2010
    Should I install this on a fresh install of F2 or can I just install over the old?

12. etrev

etrev First time out of the vault

Apr 1, 2010
    Is there any way to make font bigger? In 1280x1024 it is way too small, and in smaller resolutions in looks like shit on my lcd. After few dialogues I did exit the game, because my eyes hurts from the small font.

13. Ervik

Apr 1, 2010
    Hooray! That made it work! Thanks dude!
    And yeah. I use Win 7.

14. SilverM

Feb 16, 2008
    no problem ^^

15. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    I fixed my "memory problem" by reinstalling the game (Gog version) in a custom directory. But the world map is still very "laggy", also I can't seem to use the 16 bit option in the Sfall menu..

16. TJ07

TJ07 First time out of the vault

Apr 25, 2006
    I managed to kill Kaga in the first encounter 8-)

17. Timeslip

Timeslip Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Aug 15, 2007
    If you're using the high res patch together with a dx9 graphics mode, turn the gpu blt option on! You're going to have horrible framerate problems otherwise.

18. Lachdanan

Lachdanan First time out of the vault

Jan 1, 2010
    Thank you so much for this Killap!

I'm downloading right now. Guess I can forget about getting anything done in the next few days.

19. Jerico

Jerico First time out of the vault

Nov 30, 2006
    Awsome RP 2.0 released

This is just awsome been following this "thing" since first release, but decided to wait until 2.0 for full experience.....was long wait, but still worth it I bet.

I just have one problem.....I started newgame and when I encountered Kaga and his two pals, they don't seem to take any damage when I hit them. There is no message on the leftside panel about damage done and their status always says 'unhurt'. I even check ddraw.ini for the 'Choose damage formula' section and it is set '0' so it is Fallout 2 default.....any ideas?

20. SHADOW-XIII

SHADOW-XIII First time out of the vault

Nov 19, 2007
    @killap, put extra page in installator with big letters saying "DO NOT INSTALL FALLOUT 2 IN C:\PROGRAM FILES WHEN HAVING WINDOWS 7"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.