Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me please if that's a bug i stumbled upon? I can't show Bishop's holodisk to Lynette. There is no option for it in her conversation tree. Do i have to kill the raiders first in order to this to work? I must say that i have currently an open quest from Bishop to kill Westin. (XP32_SP3, 2.0.2d US, humongous, windows installer, all install options checked)

savegame

SPC said:
Can someone tell me please if that's a bug i stumbled upon? I can't show Bishop's holodisk to Lynette. There is no option for it in her conversation tree. Do i have to kill the raiders first in order to this to work?
No bug. You have to deal with the raiders first, and get the account book from there.

SPC said:
I can't show Bishop's holodisk to Lynette. There is no option for it in her conversation tree.
Maybe i'm wrong, but in original game (without RP), you must talk to sergeant Stark first. If you tell him all about Bishops, sgt. Stark will send you to Lynette and you receive next quest.

Hi there, killap, everyone!

I want to say BIG THANKS for all the work you put in this mod. And I really mean it.

However, I got question: Where can I find whole changelog, list of new features, bugfixes and others of this mod?

Sephis said:
.....Thanks I'll try this tonight
Edit Update: Didn't seem to work, bummer

Well I'm sorry it didn't work but it worked with most of us. What graphic card do you have? Did you update your directx? Try downloading newest drivers. Try running FO2 as an administrator.
That was just guessing since I was almost sure turning off DX-9 mode will fix the problem. You can't just select HI-RES and select resolution you must go to DX-9 and set it to OFF and than go to HI-RES and set resolution you like and colors to 16 bit and make sure you restart game.

niteowl2k said:
I'm a Win7 64-bit user and this fixed video for me.

Fresh-installing to C:\FO2 fixed saving for me also, even without using CCleaner as recommended.

You guys rock!

Glad we helped.

Hellburn said:
...However, I got question: Where can I find whole changelog, list of new features, bugfixes and others of this mod?

try here

Oh yeah, I ran into a bug in Klamath: when talking to Maida Buckner about what's happening around Klamath, I asked her about the bugmen brahmin slayings.

Once she answered, my character replied "Cattle rustling? I'll see what I can do about that." which is completely unrelated to the topic as my character doesn't even know about that.

SPC said:
Can someone tell me please if that's a bug i stumbled upon? I can't show Bishop's holodisk to Lynette. There is no option for it in her conversation tree. ......

The bug is in the description of the disk I suppose, because it clearly says that someone from VaultCity will be interested in this.

I have the quest to find/dealwith the reaiders from Stark, but I dont think you can tell them about the location or the disk until you have at least visited the raiders, mnaybe even destroyed them all.

There were a lot of discussions about Marcus a few pages back, so this may be related tto hose problems. Basically the first time I went to Broken Hills, I went straight up to marcus, chatted for a while then asked him to join me... He then said yes!

Thats without doing a single quest related to broken hills. Well just wanted to check if thats normal... I never had that happen before, normally I would have t solve the murders at Broken Hills.

I have also stumbled upon a reproducable CTD bug, I will pot a save once I can rule out any addon scripts I am using though....

The bug is a CTD from trying to have sex at the Cats Paw.
I'll elaborate, at first there was no crash, my char spent lots of money there trying to get that Karmic title, then suddenly a CTD. Reload try to have sex, CTD... same CTD no matter which sex option is chosen, allies can shag fine just not the PC and only seems to happen at Cats Paw.

Cheers

Edit//

I Just remembered another bug that I ran into, it was a conversation with the merchant that sells you the Armor for Marcus.
The conversation options were allmessed up, I was choosing the merchants text and he was saying my text... if that makes sense. (Was the same with Balthas the Tanner in Modoc.)
I was able to get the armor by saying that I didnt want the armor :)

Christ! How many posts are there about the Francis crash? The fix has been posted numerous times by Darek, would people just at least try to see if it has been posted, the fix is only a page back in one of Darek's comments.

Darek said:
Alright guys, the issue with Francis (no arm wrestling or confrontation about his letter) is no bug, but the way it's always been. It happens after you expose the Anti mutant scheme.
You just noticed it now since you held off with confronting Francis.
But hey, it's not all bad. You get a free beer. :drunk:

It's a bit odd though, if not both, then at least the arm wrestling should still be available. killap, could you take a look at Node019 and see what you think.

To "reboot" Francis, get F2se and set GVAR 301 to =0. Don't forget to set it back to =5 after you've talked with him.

Thank you. But I don´t think I want to cheat, I feel it is better to deal with the consequences of my decisions.

So, I was going to release another "emergency update" last night that addressed several of the more pressing issues (slowdowns, crashes) but my main modding comp b0rked on me late yesterday afternoon. It's not dead, but just out of commission for a bit. Sigh... Once I get that sorted out, I'll have an update for everyone. This way people don't have to download Darek's separate fixes or update sfall separately (to get the important appearance mod fixes). This update will include a fraction of the problems I fixed, but it will include fixes to the more pressing issues. A much larger update will be out first week of May.

killap said:
So, I was going to release another "emergency update" last night that addressed several of the more pressing issues (slowdowns, crashes) but my main modding comp b0rked on me late yesterday afternoon. It's not dead, but just out of commission for a bit. Sigh... Once I get that sorted out, I'll have an update for everyone. This way people don't have to download Darek's separate fixes or update sfall separately (to get the important appearance mod fixes). This update will include a fraction of the problems I fixed, but it will include fixes to the more pressing issues.

Mr. killap... I beg you! Please release a version of your mod without the annoying new scenery which leaves me with nightmares of yell grass farmers in the wastelands who also like to decorate the area with 20 types of different rocks and 1 eyed ghoul architects that simply like buildings with pipes... pipes! Sticking it everywhere everyone! As if they where trying to... you know... take over the wasteland... perhaps the entire post nuclear apocalyptic world!

Ravager said:
Mr. killap... I beg you! Please release a version of your mod without the annoying new scenery which leaves me with nightmares of yell grass farmers in the wastelands who also like to decorate the area with 20 types of different rocks and 1 eyed ghoul architects that simply like buildings with pipes... pipes! Sticking it everywhere everyone! As if they where trying to... you know... take over the wasteland... perhaps the entire post nuclear apocalyptic world!
Yes, the random encounter maps do have more scenery on them than in the original F2 maps and I thought this might bother some. These are all part of Pixote's enhanced map changes.

I had initially planned to make all the updated original maps (minus the RP specific ones) optional in the installer. I decided against this when I realized how much of a hassle it would be for me in the end. Having separate versions of maps is a frickin' nightmare and I'm not dealing with it. End of story. However, now that I think about it, the maps that would be easiest to separate from all the other enhanced maps are the random encounter maps. Not the special encounters (like the whale, etc), but the desert, city, ocean, mountain, etc maps. These maps will essentially never be updated again, so I wouldn't have to worry about including old versions of them, etc. I assume these are the ones troubling you the most (?), so I could make them separate. However, all location maps in the RP will use the new maps made by Pixote. End of story.

What do you think about 'speeding up' animations of those companions who can't run (Marcus, Skynet and Lenny too I think...)? It's pretty frustrating to wait for them to catch up our player character.

Hellburn said:
What do you think about 'speeding up' animations of those companions who can't run (Marcus, Skynet and Lenny too I think...)?

Only if it's accompanied by Benny Hill music.

@ Ravager and Hellburn
Let´s think of other possibility´s than speeding up Marcus or Skynet, neither to have a little more or less grass, to smoke..ähh.. sorry in the wasteland.
I prefer to finshing the main values of the "RP" is the most important thing right now.

Just my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back