Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the first time i installed resolution mod so anyone can tell me how to change the resolution?

edit:
Forget: found.

edit2:
Now i'm getting failure inputing devices, help anyone?

edit3:
Solved, i guess.

WHY are there suddenly 15 Xander Roots and Broc Flowers in the Arroyo hunting grounds? Has this been requested by a lot of people? Does it break the game having to conserve your limited Healing Powders at the start instead of just selling half of them at the nearest vendor? Was it intended by the original devs that there be that many? As far as I recall, the description of the Xander Root says it's "rare", well right now the villagers of Arroyo could easily dope themselves up on Healing Powders, take on a pack of geckos and bring home enough meat for the next 6 months, saving you the trip to get the GECK at all. I'm sorry for nitpicking here, but this seems like a very whimsical and unfounded change to me.

I did like the new scenery in Arroyo though, with the grass and whatnot, only that a couple of pots seem awkwardly placed, and one rug in the Elder's tent should be removed.

All right, I'll shut up now, the mod's awesome and I'm not saying otherwise :) I just hope you'll revise the enhanced maps for v2.1 with a more conservative eye.

I have always wondered why i keep getting "failure to input device" when i try to use the dx9 mode to change resolution instead of using mash's high resolution patch. On the first try at 640x480 it can run, but when i start changing i get the errors and the dx9 mode is forever unusable.

Should i be setting custom resolutions via the nvidia control panel?

My thanks and gratitude for any help received :D

Demonslayer said:
It's the first time i installed resolution mod so anyone can tell me how to change the resolution?

edit:

edit2:

edit3:
Solved, i guess.

Demonslayer, how'd you solve it?

Btw, in Arroyo theres a tent NE of Morlis with a shelf that usually has 1 xander root, unfortunately a pot seems to be blocking the PC from using the shelf.

xzel87 said:
I have always wondered why i keep getting "failure to input device" when i try to use the dx9 mode to change resolution instead of using mash's high resolution patch. On the first try at 640x480 it can run, but when i start changing i get the errors and the dx9 mode is forever unusable.

Should i be setting custom resolutions via the nvidia control panel?

My thanks and gratitude for any help received :D

Demonslayer said:

edit:

edit2:

edit3:
Solved, i guess.

Demonslayer, how'd you solve it?

Btw, in Arroyo theres a tent NE of Morlis with a shelf that usually has 1 xander root, unfortunately a pot seems to be blocking the PC from using the shelf.
open ddraw.ini

Look for:

Set these to 1 if you want fallout to access the keyboard or mouse in background mode
;Try these if you get the 'Failure initializing input devices' error
BackgroundKeyboard=1
BackgroundMouse=1

No idea if its reported or not, but in enclave on presidental/main computer level, whenever im planting explosives (plastic ones) with steal on president or sciencists my game crashes right after the explosion.
heres the crash/report:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5904/crashi.jpg

Im playing on polish version of game with the Text/English folder + i have the latest patches
PS: are there any others explosives on enclave :x forgot to pick some from continent and found 2 plastics ones in barracs or w/e on first level.

Magnus said:
WHY are there suddenly 15 Xander Roots and Broc Flowers in the Arroyo hunting grounds? Has this been requested by a lot of people? Does it break the game having to conserve your limited Healing Powders at the start instead of just selling half of them at the nearest vendor? Was it intended by the original devs that there be that many? As far as I recall, the description of the Xander Root says it's "rare", well right now the villagers of Arroyo could easily dope themselves up on Healing Powders, take on a pack of geckos and bring home enough meat for the next 6 months, saving you the trip to get the GECK at all. I'm sorry for nitpicking here, but this seems like a very whimsical and unfounded change to me.

Yes, i have to agree with Magnus. IMO, the very early stages of the game are particularly sensitive to game balance, and the number of Broc and xander is actually quite important, IMO. I would add only 1 or 2 of each to the original quantities found, especially as they re-spawn.

hi
i have some problem i try to change resolution but when i press arrow to go upp my game crash. how do ichange resolution ???
i have just made fresh install and this updato 2,0 and added e uppdate.
installed every option..

edit have win 7 x64,
didnt install on c disk,

and it have worked before on same setup for me, but now i have reinstalled it twice and no change

Hello!
Question: if loading savegame is crashing the application, can problematic part be realised and eliminated?

[spoiler:a01ae5228c]Since I'm level 20, I was "hunting" for 4th Kaga encounter before hitting 21. Found him in Advanced Power Armor, knocked him down and killed his associated. Then I looted Kaga's unconscious body and went for looting other corpses, and while I was doing that, Kaga woke up and stood still. I tried to talk with him or interact in any other way, but failed. Oh, well, I saved, got into the car and drove off.[/spoiler:a01ae5228c]

Then I felt urge to reload last QuickSave and it crashed the game. I tired it several times with reloading game and PC but achieved nothing. That means I've lost the save and have to rollback and lose the progress?

Here is the save just in case. It situation cannot be resolved - don't bother DLing save, just let me know. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Other saves are working great.

YujiTFD said:
Hello!
Question: if loading savegame is crashing the application, can problematic part be realised and eliminated?

[spoiler:e6b569314c]Since I'm level 20, I was "hunting" for 4th Kaga encounter before hitting 21. Found him in Advanced Power Armor, knocked him down and killed his associated. Then I looted Kaga's unconscious body and went for looting other corpses, and while I was doing that, Kaga woke up and stood still. I tried to talk with him or interact in any other way, but failed. Oh, well, I saved, got into the car and drove off.[/spoiler:e6b569314c]

Then I felt urge to reload last QuickSave and it crashed the game. I tired it several times with reloading game and PC but achieved nothing. That means I've lost the save and have to rollback and lose the progress?

Here is the save just in case. It situation cannot be resolved - don't bother DLing save, just let me know. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Other saves are working great.

I had a very similar situation, but still in 1.2. It didn't cause the game to crash, but the encounter went to shit 'cause of that.

Feel free to ignore this one as it may be an old issue or one that is not worthy of your attention:

When I save during combat mode and load, it gets all wonky when I continue. All the turns but mine appear to be simultaneous, and no combat messages appear in the message window.

I don't make a practice of saving before each shot or anything, so it's not really a big deal, but there it is.

I also want to note that I think the random encounters are a bit too dangerous. I almost like the additional challenge, and I understand that running should be a viable strategy most of the time, but your companions don't run when you do meaning Sulik rarely makes it to Modoc.

Anyway, awesome work to all involved.

ocelot said:
I got the "you massacred the deathclaws" ending though I did no such thing.
Did Gruthar die somehow? Your save game indicates you killed Dr. Schreber at Navarro, but perhaps you didn't do this in time and the Enclave came and killed everyone at V13.

ocelot said:
I also did not get the good ending for Gecko though I optimized the powerplant and did not tell Vault City. Dunno what I shoulda done differently,
I looked at your save file and it says you didn't do anything with the economic disk. You need to in order to get the best ending for Gecko.

xzel87 said:
Are the Drug Dealers in the Den Residential supposed to disappear after setting up the orphanage?
Nope. But it would make sense that they would. Mom wouldn't want dealers to be around the orphans. Also, did you massacre everyone in the Den? That would explain all the blood pools I saw. :P

Herr Mike said:
I also want to note that I think the random encounters are a bit too dangerous.
So, many people say the encounters are much harder in the RP. I don't understand, since I haven't changed them at all. So, I dunnos. *shrug*

killap said:
Herr Mike said:
I also want to note that I think the random encounters are a bit too dangerous.
So, many people say the encounters are much harder in the RP. I don't understand, since I haven't changed them at all. So, I dunnos. *shrug*

This might be a stupid question, but are you using F2WR? With the changes to ammo, armor and weapons damage it makes random encounters of Raiders or Slavers positively terrifying.

Nope. But it would make sense that they would. Mom wouldn't want dealers to be around the orphans. Also, did you massacre everyone in the Den? That would explain all the blood pools I saw.

I had too much fun head-bashing druggies with my crowbar :D..well i doubt mom could actually make those dealers go away because she cant even handle some lowly weak squatters.

btw, i reloaded to the "before" game and it was normal, so maybe just a one-time glitch or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back