Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for ignoring some answers.
i was going thru large number of ubuntu based distros, and finally switched to the windows 7 :)
it works at least twise faster and leaves more free space on my sdd ;)
but that's not the point.
switching rases futher questions.

i can't enable dx9 mode here (cause w7 has dx10 of course, but anyway) is there any way (oops) to use it?

as always install the latest directX 9 (9.0c full iirc), you can get it from MS site, google it.

I have a strange feeling that Killap is waiting with the RP 2.1 announcement for 100th page of this thread, meaning full and utter epicness

shaggoth said:
maybe i can use just some dlls from 9c pack?
Try the d3dx9_42.dll, but i'm not sure, if it's enough. Anyway, if you'll update DirectX with the latest redist, your DX10 will remains untouched. Only your older DX-files will be updated during installation process.

valcik, yeah, i already put that dll there and it is enough :) thanks anyway :))

btw, what was the weather mod in megamod and can it be separated and installed into RP ?

no need to install it, as i understand.
now everything works, it was one dll to put in fallout directory

however i'm still really interested in using sfall with something like weather mod :))

shaggoth said:
i can't enable dx9 mode here (cause w7 has dx10 of course, but anyway) is there any way (oops) to use it?
You should have DirectX 11, not DirectX 10, since that's the current version for Windows Vista and 7 (it was released just a few days after Windows 7).

DirectX 9 and 11 (or 10) will coexist fine, and it won't downgrade your latest DirectX install.

the whole point that you install it once with PC and then never need to worry about which DLL's is needed to what etc...

kungfujoe said:
shaggoth said:
You should have DirectX 11, not DirectX 10, since that's the current version for Windows Vista and 7 (it was released just a few days after Windows 7).

DirectX 9 and 11 (or 10) will coexist fine, and it won't downgrade your latest DirectX install.

that is correct, and the OS only enables (DX11) if you have a graphics card that works with it otherwise it will use 9 or 10 without issues, (works here) windows 7 64bit

Yes and no.
The OS doesn't enable anything, the build-in software DX11 system works just as fine on DX9 hardware cards (had a GF6600GT for a few months on Vista, now on W7 with a GF8600GTS) and on DX10 cards using the GPU unit AND if a DX11 card is installed on your system DirectX takes advantage of it running even smoother.
Still, what you need to do is always have the newest DirectX libraries version installed from M$'s page (links above), no matter what version you have. Assuming it's not older then DX9 that is. ;)
Don't worry, it can't downgrade your system from DX10 or DX11 to DX9 ;)

from what i recall you shouldnt need DX9, DX11 or any DX should support legacy software.

the problem is with crappy programming that reference DX9 libraries directly instead of using the provided interfaces, which in turn might be because crappy interfaces in DX9 or something :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back