Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update for everyone:

Still getting the last things in place for the internal beta. Everything is taking longer than I hoped, but I'm still shooting for tonight.

I probably shouldn't have gone with adding more content for this final push, but it'll be worth it. Just means ignoring the family until Christmas Eve. ;)

@merenbach
You're not the only one who's talked about donating money. I do this for free and for the fans. However, I might be a madman for not taking free money, so I might still consider putting up a paypal link on my site, not saying anything and seeing what happens. Maybe. I don't want people to feel like they need to pay me and if they do pay, expect special service or something. And I'd only put it towards server hosting costs. Maybe some beer too. ;)

killap how does your beta testing stage work anyway? If it's a big description feel free to PM me instead :P I've had enough "oops here's an updated release two days later with hotfixes" experiences with FIXT that I'd like to stop doing that to the public.

Also, I think you might enjoy this. I have no idea if Mordor is aware of who you are, or if it's just some crazy coincedence. This is unique boss monster from his mod The Hell, the best and most awesome Diablo 1 mod:

eq17w6.jpg

Sduibek said:
killap how does your beta testing stage work anyway? If it's a big description feel free to PM me instead :P I've had enough "oops here's an updated release two days later with hotfixes" experiences with FIXT that I'd like to stop doing that to the public.
The process basically goes:

1. I test the hell out of it.
2. I release it to ~5 people who pm me. They test for a week.
3. I do a silent release on the forums. It's basically public at this point, but I tell people to keep it to the forum and don't announce elsewhere. Testing goes for ~2 days.
4. I make a big announcement and other sites pick up the news.

Nothing special really. I too have been in the hotfix boat before. Inevitably hotfixing occurs during the silent public test, but the hope is to catch everything during the internal beta.

Sduibek said:
Also, I think you might enjoy this. I have no idea if Mordor is aware of who you are, or if it's just some crazy coincedence. This is unique boss monster from his mod The Hell, the best and most awesome Diablo 1 mod:
Haha, nice. I highly doubt that's a coincidence. Cool.

Double post, but meh, tired.

Well, it's 3:40 am on Christmas Eve and the beta installer is compiling now. I'll be poking the beta testers that had contacted me long ago to see if they're still around. If you haven't contacted me yet and are interested in beta testing, send me a pm.

I want to do a bit more testing before the internal beta, but that probably won't happen for a few days - I do need to spend some time with the family over the holidays, you know. ;)

I use Inno but haven't updated beyond 5.4.3 since they dropped Win 9x support after that release. I do use the best compression option available though. Can't remember what it is...

I think in this day and age a 160 MB download is pretty small compared to the several GB patches being released.

well, i understand but just like you support the legacy systems i have a "legacy" connection, 56 kbps. ;) (before anyone does the same question: why dont you have broaband? blah blah blah i say this: because i CANT, if i had $$ for that i'd have a computer better than this one too). ;)

Pixote - TO HELL WITH BETHESDA, these bastards release their games for sites like GOG without any improvements/fixes/support for new systems 32 and 64 bit, aside that, why they would go after killap for accepting donations? He isnt charging p p l for using the patch. ;)

We know that Killap ain't like that at all, but THEY don't know that and would sue with all haste if they found out that someone gets cash, however voluntary it is to donate, for one of their products. He'd be recieving "their" money for their product, thus intruding on their brand/trademark. That is what they see (and is a legal offense by the way).

And the beta has been released to the testers (10 lucky ones)! The beta runs for a week and ends on Dec 31st. It looks like we're only partially off schedule here. ;)

Merry Christmas to all!

Looking forward to new release. I haven't played F2 for over 2 years.

EDIT:

killap said:
@Skynet
Hey, haven't seen you in a long time! How's it going?

Going pretty good, thank you!

Seems I checked the last page of the thread just in time... I was just going to play F2 with 2.1.2b, but I guess I can wait a tad longer. Keep it up!

Turd Henley said:
I <3 U, Killap.
Love you too, Twinkie. Drink up on this fine Christmas Day.

@parkhwan
Those who wanted to beta test were to send me a pm. Signup is now closed though; I have enough testers at this time. I'll keep you in mind though.

Greetings Warriors of the Wastelands.

I am here to give my thanks to you, Killap, your fellow beta testers and all FO community for developed all modes and improvements about every game in FO series.

Really thank you for all, very thanks!

Thank you all fellow gamers and FO fans for all long hours of work in front the PC. Thank you for posting, for the comments, serious, thank you all.

And sorry for my bad grammar, I am Brazilian and english is not my main language. I aways come here to get improvements for my FO games. My english is not good but is enough to understand 90% of all you write.

Still with the all good work and lets making the game aways alive.

FO, just be best RPG series ever!!!

Good bye and happy New Year for all!

Sduibek said:
That may be the coolest First Post from a user I've ever seen. Awesome!

Thank you dude.

--------------

Well, now is my time to help. I just installed FO2 here on my PC following the instructions about clean stalation. I found some problem, maybe I am wrong but it is said in the changelog if you steal Aunt Malis that cause Karma drop.

I did it and don't lost any karma, maybe the problem is my game, because that is not the original version and when I play the game don't play any music. (But they all are there inside the folder).

Can't wait for the Final Release :) I've been waiting for 2.2 since a year ago and haven't played FO2 since... 10+ years ago. I also haven't been able to complete the game, maybe due to bugs or maybe I just got lost completely lol :D
Can't wait to play it again though, FO2 is the best! :)
Again thanks to the modders and everyone who made this possible. :)

Well, now is my time to help. I just installed FO2 here on my PC following the instructions about clean stalation. I found some problem, maybe I am wrong but it is said in the changelog if you steal Aunt Malis that cause Karma drop.

I did it and don't lost any karma, maybe the problem is my game, because that is not the original version and when I play the game don't play any music. (But they all are there inside the folder).

1 - to avoid any bad situations never say you have a pirated game. ;)

2 - you should have read everything from 1st post, this way you would see that: 1 - you can post your bugs in the wikia, it's the best place for that and 2 - you need ALWAYS to provide save game to Killap so you'll make his life easier for tracking the problem. ;)

Hey fellow Felipefpl.

Thank you for your tips and orientations, I will follow it. Next time I will put my save game linked here so Killap and any other beta tester can try check it.

Thank you for your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back