Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lord_Humongous

Did you steal from the vase in her hut or did you physically steal from her? It's the vase karma drop that is new.

Beta Progress so far, i`m in Klamath now:

Happened once:

1. I`m taking stuff from Hakunin Chest
2. He starts combat and run away from tent
3. I`m ending combat, then taking stuff from chest
4. Everybody is happy, like nothing happened. No one is attacking me.

Cannot reproduce, each other time i cannot close combat which is as its supposed to happen.

I cannot reach for one of the flowers in Arroy hunting grounds(Left-down) it is completely hidden in the grass. Only visable through pressing shift

Cannot reach for Spike that fel down into green bush.
Its always happening. I hate when i cannot reach for stuff in that way. I feel like this shoud be fixed - if there is any way.

Combined raport will be send to Killap - for now just a few words just to make a sign that i`m indeed alive and playing.

Edit: This is SO awesome. Pressing T now pick up items. Finally stuff that was unpickable is now accesible. Also team oders are looking great. Issue 2&3 - solved.

xsarq said:

Happened once:

1. I`m taking stuff from Hakunin Chest
2. He starts combat and run away from tent
3. I`m ending combat, then taking stuff from chest
4. Everybody is happy, like nothing happened. No one is attacking me.

Cannot reproduce, each other time i cannot close combat which is as its supposed to happen.
If you go into sneak mode it usually lets you end combat.
I wouldn't really call it a bug though, it's just the way the game works. Not only here but in many other places too. If someone goes hostile and you DON'T fight back, but end combat or run off the map and you come back, everyone are friendly again.

You can see it as if you don't do any actual fighting, they forgive you. :)

What is a problem though is that Hakunin doesn't return back into his tent. Same thing happens with Sajag in Klamath, and probably many others, but I can't remember anyone specific.

Darek said:
What is a problem though is that Hakunin doesn't return back into his tent. Same thing happens with Sajag in Klamath, and probably many others, but I can't remember anyone specific.
Yeah, that would be essentially every character that has a fixed location, which is a ton.

@xsarq
Cool, thanks for the report so far. For the future, don't post them here though.

Fixed #2 in your report. #1 isn't really a bug, as per Darek's comment. #3 is just your unlucky fortune to have a plant spike fall on a bush. Nothing can be done about that.

Wait, party orders addon mod is going to be included?! AWESOME!

Or, just the part where you can press button to have PC pick up items on the ground?

When the beta-testing is done, what will be the next step? Just curious, since I'm interested by the process.

@Matthews
After fixing up all reported issues, I release it to the fine folks of NMA. This is what I dub the 'silent public release'. No news about it and I ask people to not tell other sites yet. After about 2 days of people using it, and barring any game stopping issues, I release it officially. News posts happen, and I step back.

The idea of this is that if there is something odd with the installer or there is a very obvious game breaking issue, it'll be quickly caught before sites start mirroring the release.

@everyone
Beta testing has been extended to Jan 3rd because of an initial hiccup with the installer. Testing is underway though (as of Thursday) and I'm getting feedback.

EDIT:
Finally got around to updating the change log for this release. Looks like a good 70 fixes, not including 20 vanilla fixes (can't believe we're still finding them!). New content will also be found in RP 2.2. Some big, some small.

@Lord_Humongous
So, taking from Aunt Morlis's vase, the Elder's chest, and Hakunin's chest all SHOULD result in karma lost. Those are the only objects in Arroyo where this happens. I don't believe stealing from them directly results in any loss.

Do you have a savegame?

killap said:
So, taking from Aunt Morlis's vase, the Elder's chest, and Hakunin's chest all SHOULD result in karma lost.
Damn, didn't notice stealing from Hakunin's chest would result in karma lost. D:
In my playthroughs (2.2.1b & current 2.2 beta), I always get only Elder's & Morlis's karma lost.

NovaRain said:
killap said:
So, taking from Aunt Morlis's vase, the Elder's chest, and Hakunin's chest all SHOULD result in karma lost.
Damn, didn't notice stealing from Hakunin's chest would result in karma lost. D:
In my playthroughs (2.2.1b & current 2.2 beta), I always get only Elder's & Morlis's karma lost.
Actually, I'm wrong. I just checked the script. He only gets mad at you, no karma is lost. Too much to remember these days... :wink:

Question, maybe something the testers have found -- in Fallout 2, if the player is holding a lit Flare and changes maps (green or red exit grid) does the item get destroyed?

In Fallout 1 it does and I'm trying to figure out why and if there's some way around it.

Thanks

Sduibek said:
Question, maybe something the testers have found -- in Fallout 2, if the player is holding a lit Flare and changes maps (green or red exit grid) does the item get destroyed?
Yes for both red and green exit grids. You don't have to be holding it either.

Sduibek said:
In Fallout 1 it does and I'm trying to figure out why and if there's some way around it.
The engine is removing it in this case and maybe it needs to or bad things happen. I don't know.

EDIT: As for a way around it, well you could maybe script something. Check if the player has a lit flare in his hands or inventory (a lit flare should have its own pid) on map exit and then add it upon entering the next map. Someone could potentially get more than the max 2 hours that a lit flare can give you (since it's a new flare every time) but w/e.

Okay, thank you for the info. I was hoping Fallout 2 engine didn't do it, nuts.

As far as workaround, if it's added back into inventory and then equipped (obj_equip_obj is the script command IIRC, thus putting back into hand and making it "seamless" for player) the held items gets all crazy and the lit flares reappear when you put something else in hand. It's pretty funny actually.

The only "good" workaround I can think of, and I'm using good very loosely, is to allow lit flares to increase player light radius when just in inventory. That way putting it back in inventory when changing maps wouldn't ruin the effect of walking around with increased light radius that they are getting from holding it.

@ Sduibek

Try this one:
Code:
procedure critter_p_proc
begin
	variable LVar0 := 0;
	if  (obj_pid(critter_inven_obj(dude_obj, 2)) == 205) then begin
		LVar0 := (critter_inven_obj(dude_obj, 2));
		rm_timer_event(LVar0);
	end
You will have to add code for the other item slot as well...

There is a problem with this though, the flare will never go out.
Same with killap's suggestion, adding an already lit flare to inventory will not add it to the timer events que.
You could use a global sfall script to remove flares from a map, but a bit tricky to set up a good timer system.

Also if we are talking fallout 2, the command would be "wield_obj_critter" and it sounds like you put it in procedure_critter_p_proc, wouldn't it be better in "procedure map_enter_p_proc"?

Darek said:
Also if we are talking fallout 2, the command would be "wield_obj_critter" and it sounds like you put it in procedure_critter_p_proc, wouldn't it be better in "procedure map_enter_p_proc"?
You're right about the command, I forgot since I haven't looked at it lately. And yeah I've tried it in a few places, you can place it in map_enter but there's still limitations. I'll figure something out.

Thanks for that code though, something else to try 8-)

EDIT: With how many things are hard-coded in Fallout 1, i never thought to run a remove timer on the lit flare. Thank you very much, that's fantastic. This now makes map transition seamless, I just need to figure out a good way of inserting the timer myself, which I guarantee I can figure out how to do with a script. Just a matter of time (ha no pun intended) and fiddling with it.

Thanks 8-)

Makes you wonder if the original devs tried to get something like this working, and eventually just said "fuck it" and abandoned the idea.

@ killap,
great thing you're doing here! Thank you very much for bringing second (or n-th) breath to my favorite game! I wanted to ask, have you made any changes to items PRO files from previously released version? I'm planning to adopt and update my economy and combat rebalance, once this is released. I have waited two years for this! :shock:

PS: happy new year, everyone! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back