Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the private beta been successful so far, Killap?

Nothing major's been reported, hopefully? :wink:

Killap, sorry if this has already been resolved, but I remember that you and Timeslip were trying to fix a bug (from vanilla fallout I think) with improper NPC leveling, what's up with that? 8-)

And of course, thank you so so much for this wonderful thing that you have bestowed upon us, called RP :D

Like others, just registered to say thanks. I just started playing the fallout series after getting it as a present this holiday season, and I'm astonished that there are still mods being made and improved after all this time. It tells me more than anything else that this is a great game to play. Can't wait to start my second run with your mod in place, Killap!

Thanks!

I'm not sure whether or not this is the right place to put this, but does the Miria mod (the one that makes her a helpful npc) work with the newest Restoration mod?

btw happy new years guys!

planeflyingpig said:
I'm not sure whether or not this is the right place to put this, but does the Miria mod (the one that makes her a helpful npc) work with the newest Restoration mod?

No. I don't think so.

Salk said:
Has the private beta been successful so far, Killap?

Nothing major's been reported, hopefully? :wink:
Private beta is now over and it went well. Nothing too major reported and all that has been found is now fixed.

Dux said:
Killap, sorry if this has already been resolved, but I remember that you and Timeslip were trying to fix a bug (from vanilla fallout I think) with improper NPC leveling, what's up with that? 8-)
I'm not sure what that was. You means stats were being lost or were incorrect? There was something where if you had the base proto file in the directory and not part of the master.dat things would go wonky. That's been fixed but should have been fixed in the version out right now.

I don't know, I'm starting to forget Fallout related stuff recently.

bakon said:
Can't wait to start my second run with your mod in place, Killap!
Oh man, not having played the RP yet. You're in for a treat. (I hope so at least)

.Pixote. said:
planeflyingpig said:

No. I don't think so.
Like Pixote said, nope. And I don't plan on making it work either. Maybe the original author will or someone else. Sorry.

@everyone
Public beta should hopefully begin Saturday/Sunday.

killap said:
Like Pixote said, nope. And I don't plan on making it work either.
Good, Miria mod goes far beyond the restoration. (The best way to play Fallout is without any companions anyway.)

planeflyingpig said:

btw happy new years guys!

Here is a Miria Version that is working with 2.12. I dont know whether it will work with 2.2, though.

killap said:
Dux said:
I'm not sure what that was. You means stats were being lost or were incorrect? There was something where if you had the base proto file in the directory and not part of the master.dat things would go wonky. That's been fixed but should have been fixed in the version out right now.

I don't know, I'm starting to forget Fallout related stuff recently.

I remember there being a vanilla bug with npc leveling that prevented them from getting their final level up.

Hey guys,

I've got some questions regarding a working installation of Fallout 2.
I recently got back into the fallout series and got Fallout 1 to work, but Fallout 2 still gives me trouble. I purchased it from GOG and applied the latest Fix (from this forum). Unfortunately, when i try to launch fallout it goes straight back to the desktop in 8bit mode. Changes made to either the f2_res or the draw.ini does not seem to have any effect. I tried to rename the draw.dll because that did the trick for Fallout 1. But if i try to launch the game without draw.dll it prompts me an error (error loading cities). I made no alterations of the .ini files, exept graphics mode=4 and a change in resolution since my monitor checks out at 640 x 480.
I'm sorry if I'm adressing an issue which has already been answered, but I'm searching for a solution for a while now but it's not that easy to find basic instructions since everybody on this forum seems to be quite adept at modding the game.

I hope my post is comprehendible since english is not my first language.

Regards and thanks in advance,
Perks

Thank You very much killap for amazing job! :D We all with great impatience waiting for release your amazing mod. In addition, I want to congratulate You persannaly, and all user who visit this nice forum with New Year and Marry Christmas. Let this year bring you only good luck.

Perks said:
when i try to launch fallout it goes straight back to the desktop in 8bit mode.
Open fallout2.cfg and change art_cache_size=... to art_cache_size=0 or delete fallout2.cfg. Sometimes it helps.

Killap, I certainly second what Roman_82 said. Thank you so much, and I wish you and yours nothing but good luck and good fortune in the coming year! :D

killap: Sorry for the timing as you're already getting lost of questions, but I'm wondering, how do you research crashes when you have no idea what's causing them? Do you just start by going through the list of everything that could even vaugely be causing it, even as a longshot?

Sduibek said:
killap: Sorry for the timing as you're already getting lost of questions, but I'm wondering, how do you research crashes when you have no idea what's causing them? Do you just start by going through the list of everything that could even vaugely be causing it, even as a longshot?
It's all about narrowing it down.

Does it happen only on a certain map? Does it happen only in combat? Save games can become corrupted in Fallout so the crash you're seeing might have been the result of something done waay back. You have to start wherever you can in the chain, disabling things one by one. If it does appear truly random though, then I just shrug it off as Fallout being Fallout. If it's reproducible though, that's another story.

killap said:
Save games can become corrupted in Fallout
I've experienced this vicariously with user reports; Is this only in Fallout 1 or in Fallout 2 as well?

Sduibek said:
killap said:
Save games can become corrupted in Fallout
I've experienced this vicariously with user reports; Is this only in Fallout 1 or in Fallout 2 as well?
Both games suffer from this. Timers gone awry, data being written into areas they shouldn't, etc. It's hard to say what your issue might be. Always make sure that you have enough local/map/global variables defined and that you're not trying to write into ones that were never properly allocated.

Okay, sounds good. Thanks as always for your suggestions and help :D

And that's unfortunate that it still exists in Fallout 2.
Makes sense why flares get killed on map changed, it must have been causing crashes because of the built-in timer(s). Sadface.

killap said:
Always make sure that you have enough local/map/global variables defined
As far as you know, does this take more memory? Like if I set all the rows in scripts.lst to "# local_vars=1000" or something would it use a bunch more RAM? (Not that I actually would do that, just asking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back