Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
killap, what's the word on MacOS users? As far as I know Linux users can just do the InnoSetup installer since they're running WINE anyway for Fallout, but MacOS doesn't do InnoSetup.

I'd like to eventually make sure my mod works on MacOS since original Fallout supoported MacOS; any ideas or experience with this would be appreciated.

sfall doesn't support Mac OS, and it's required since special scripting and overrides used are provided by it.
Mac OS users should be able to play the Windows version through WINE.

Sduibek said:
I'd like to eventually make sure my mod works on MacOS since original Fallout supoported MacOS; any ideas or experience with this would be appreciated.

I use Mac OS X. I had a copy of Windows lying around and I use it through VMware Fusion. Performs quite well but means I have to keep two operating systems patched and up-to-date. I've run this way for years, though, with no issues other than a loud (!!!) computer fan at times.

With that said, I'd still be interested in trying WINE, if only to experiment. For all I know it might perform better that way. Has anyone done a comparison between FO2 inside a virtual install of Windows and FO2 inside WINE/your cross-platform engine of choice?

Sduibek said:
killap, what's the word on MacOS users? As far as I know Linux users can just do the InnoSetup installer since they're running WINE anyway for Fallout, but MacOS doesn't do InnoSetup.

What Oppen said in regards to getting the game to actually run with my mod or any mod using sfall.

In regards to an installer, yeah you'll have to create one specifically for MacOS. That's multi-OS life for ya. ;)

So ultimately sounds like the best response when people ask about MacOS is " Use WINE"?

Sduibek said:
So ultimately sounds like the best response when people ask about MacOS is " Use WINE"?
Pretty much.

I think people have gotten things to work with MacPorts as well. I don't use any of these things though so I can't really give you further details.

Hello there! Not sure if this have been mentioned anywhere, so I'll direct my question here.

I'm running latest non-beta restoration 2.1.2, and just finished the game yesterday. However, when the first ending movie showing the explosion is finished, the same video plays one more time, then I'm dropped to the main menu. Skipping the first video produces the same result. I never get to hear anything about what happened to the world after.

If you guys can think of a reason, I'd be happy.

Also, whenever I try to run fallout 2 mapper it just tells me that "you are trying to run fallout with an incompatible version of sfall (2.0)".

Solution?

Also, I would like to applaud everyone enhancing this game, and especially Killap for the superb restoration mod. Great work!

God 2.0 said:
I'm running latest non-beta restoration 2.1.2, and just finished the game yesterday. However, when the first ending movie showing the explosion is finished, the same video plays one more time, then I'm dropped to the main menu. Skipping the first video produces the same result. I never get to hear anything about what happened to the world after.

I don't have an answer, I'm afraid, but the latest "stable" release from Killap's site is for version 2.1.2b. I always assumed that the "b" stood for beta, so if you are running a previous 2.1.2, perhaps one of the bugfixes in 2.1.2b will in fact solve the issue you are seeing.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it... ;)

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble downloading the Restoration Project file. it may very well just be my bad connection but, i thought id ask in case it was a file or server issue. thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind i got it. although i had to use my phone to download and transfer via usb to my computer, which was a ordeal but worked. Great download. You are a Saint to all Fallout Fans :clap: :D
Maybe thinking of working on Fallout 1 or Tactics :hint: :hint: :wink: :wink:

How testing goes lately bear dude ? Are we still not close for final cuts, would be pleased to get informed.

@BrecMadak

It's getting there. Honestly, I should have pushed 2.2 out long ago and stopped with any additional content changes, but these things get the better of me and I always try to cram way too much into a release. But hey, at least we're testing the hell out of this release. :)

killap said:
@BrecMadak
It's getting there. Honestly, I should have pushed 2.2 out long ago and stopped with any additional content changes, but these things get the better of me and I always try to cram way too much into a release. But hey, at least we're testing the hell out of this release. :)

Hello Killap, I just got an realization that I need to play Fallout 2 (again).

Last time I tried your mod something else in my life got in the way.

And I've been searching for any news about RP when I noticed this topic was not on 16 pages... but 120 :)

When to expect the new version? because my experience with mods is that its best to start a new game (and fresh install) for the new version, so when?! :)

It seems like your mod is awesome and I really want to give it a real go with my next play through :)

Now I just have to figure out how many more mods that I need -.-

Good to know that you're still working on this project, killap. It is one of the most impeccably made mods that I've had the pleasure of experiencing. *thumbs up*

I love it 5/5!

Wow I've been waiting for something like this for so long! The
textures on the map looks so good and polished! So many things I've noticed that are touched up and fixed! Wow this should be a official expansion :clap:. I just reached Madoc, Oh! and I love the new quest for the orphanage. It made me feel so good to do that quest. I love the den and always wanted to fix it up!

Is there a way to use the character editor with this mod because. When I try to load the file it says "file not found" but it worked just fine before. So if there is a better editor then falche2? Please let me know! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back