Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but it's pretty important considering it has to do with one of the games better starting weapons. After obtaining a magnum and aiming with it, the game will often crash, this may have to do with the fact that the magnum only takes 4 AP to fire without aiming, and 5 action points to fire while aiming(Making it possible to do 2 aimed shots with 10 Action points, it's even possible by lowering the cost of AP to fire a weapon to get it down to 2, and possibly one with the trait fast shot, and the perk increased rate of fire.) While it's possible to survive the den without the magnum, it kinda sucks that the strongest of starting pistols often crashes the game.

After obtaining the magnum I generally like to go on a killing spree as it can one hit most helpless civillians with fairly decent Small Guns skill, and make quick work of some of the earlier characters that could normally fuck a level 3 characters shit up such as a Trapper.

You know, I've had a lot of seemingly random crashes while playing the RP, but, after reading your post, I occurred to me that often Vic or I would be using a magnum. Now I'm wondering if that's the culprit. It'd be great to get that fixed.

It's certainly my guess that the magnum is the culprit, as when I take the SMG instead I crash less, the magnum was always a cool gun to play around with because with the right high level build you could get it to only cost 2 AP(As far as I know at least, you might be able to lower it to 1 somehow for some serious ventilating) to fire without aiming, firing all but one shot(perhaps that's another Dirty Harry reference with the magnum?) in a single turn. I'm gonna test it with a speed loader and see how that fares against crashing, it could also be possible that other low AP guns would crash as well, but I don't have enough weapon specs memorized to test that, so I'd have to test as I encounter weapons on this bad-guy playthrough.

Edit: Speed Loader still crashes the game.

just finished the game
endings:
vault city: cannot extend becasue no power, ncr got control over the city
gecko: with optimizing power plant, gecko supports more power to vault city they made deal and vault city extends

and im like wtf!

and it said i massacred vault 13 :(
it wasnt me it was the enclave!

anyway, it was more extended gameplay and endings, i enjoyed it much, good job
i hope once we get a supreme bug-free version ;)

@BurntAluminum & Dravean

More likely this is caused by the custom .44 Magnum firing sound than the gun itself. The .223 pistol uses the same sound I think, so if that causes crashes as well, we may have pin-pointed the cause.

Hello board...total newbsauce here. I have poured over pages for days trying to figure out if it is indeed possible to fly the vertibird from navarro to the oil rig. Or if it is a goose chase....lol

Anyone ever actually do this, no joking? If so, then how. I have spent a couple days running around collecting and doing things to try to gain entrance to the vertibird.

When I scroll over the vertibird or try to use the computers in the flight control room, nothing happens. Am I missing something or is it a farse? I know the mainframe in the basement of navarro talks about 2 ways out to the rig, the vertibird and the tanker.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks - Juice

It's possible to stow away on a vertibird from a special encounter and be taken to Navarro, but it's no longer possible to fly a vertibird to the oil rig. This change was put into effect after some careful analysis of the developers original intent.

Sorry for the goose chase.

Just to let people know - all of the new artwork and maps changes have been finished and sent to Killap. :)

.Pixote. said:
Just to let people know - all of the new artwork and maps changes have been finished and sent to Killap. :)
YES! AWESOME! One step closer to the next update! :dance:

Does this include updated BoS bunkers?

.Pixote. said:
Yes sir... :salute:
WOO HOO!
homer-simpson2.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the next update. I built my first PC earlier this year. I was a Mac user, and an old FO fan, but couldn't play the FO2RP before since it's PC only. I'm holding out on the RP download for the this update. I WANT IT!!!

(OK, breathe. Settle down. Remain calm. Killap is working on it. Be patient.)

This feels like waiting for Christmas.

agris said:
Ohhh... what has been upgraded about them? Are they all similar to the SanFran location?

Yes - they are small one-man operations - nothing over the top. They use the same artwork as SF, but I think they can only be accessed after the Enclave have been killed - I'm not sure. Anyway don't think about whacking the Brotherhood guard in the Den or NCR and expect to profit from it. Actually I gave the Brotherhood guards weapons (pistols), something they never had before, so at least they can defend their base with more than just bare hands. :roll:

Most of the changes are pretty subtle, a tile here, a wall there, some rocks were re-colored, nothing most people would even notice. The main difference is the all of the exit grids have the PC facing the direction they traveled through, instead of the default. The only noticeable difference would be the 4th level of the military base. It nows has green walls and yellowish vapors, it's OK to show an image because it's already up in the "The screenshots thread". It's important not to change too much otherwise it wont be Fallout 2 anymore. I still love playing this game even after spending many years working on it, so that tells you how good it must be, or how crazy I am... :P

037scr00006.gif

The good old days...

[spoiler:edfc065245][/spoiler:edfc065245]

That's very good looking now. I totally forgot how empty that area has been before.

The new 4th level of the military base is so much better now :clap:
Adds a lot to the atmosphere.
Any other tips about the content of the next release ( new talking heads, Cassidy voice, new animation/model ) ?
Sorry for always asking for more :oops:

Not too much - Hakunin has a new night time version for his talking head, a new line less map, that's about it.

Znv8C.gif

023wrldmp17.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back