Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memetics, the music files are in .acm file extension, and I cannot run them (I assume they are supposed to be something else then?).

While it may be a graphical glitch, I it seems like it is something differently, more like Memetics said about it being a corrupted map file or something. I'll try to look into previous topics, but I really can't try to sift through the last 73 pages of this thread so hopefully I find something elsewhere...

Thanks guys.

@ Kochampion7

It sounds more like you got some proto files missing or a wrong proto list file.
The maps reads the proto files and if it can't find some the map can get all black and empty.
I suggest you try to reinstall everything (but keep your savegames as there should be nothing wrong with them).
After you have reinstalled, make sure all the files in your Fallout2\DATA\proto folder are set to read only by first removing it and then setting it back again. The game will remove any protofiles not write protected so it important that they are.

About the sound issue. Since you did a manual install of the game, where did you put the acm files?
Does it point to the correct place in fallout2.cfg?
You can always try to set the lines in there like this:
Code:
music_path1=data\sound\music\
music_path2=data\sound\music\

Not sure if that has already been reported, but I just run into one of the 'missing car' bug versions.

Right after encountering Enclave Veterbird hit team, I left the map through exit hex, not by getting into the car. Now, wherever I go, I go IN a car (the music, speed, car picture and fuel consumptions are all there on the map view) but when I arrive, the car is not there. No trunk, no invisible obstacle. Just nothing.

lockheed, you arent doing what was told dozens of times in this and other threads about previous versions of RP, you NEED to submit the bug to the wikia with a savegame that IS required, the wikia's address is in the 1st post in the 1st page.

@ Darek

Thanks a lot man, I got it all fixed. The reason I had problems was because I had installed into the C:\program files\etc..etc..

In Win 7 it seems to have caused some under the radar privilege discrepancies and didn't install things correctly.

The music designation was also incorrect by default and is no longer a problem.

Thanks guys!

lockheed said:
Not sure if that has already been reported, but I just run into one of the 'missing car' bug versions.

Right after encountering Enclave Veterbird hit team, I left the map through exit hex, not by getting into the car. Now, wherever I go, I go IN a car (the music, speed, car picture and fuel consumptions are all there on the map view) but when I arrive, the car is not there. No trunk, no invisible obstacle. Just nothing.

Ok, here's the savegame link:
http://panzorjackhammer.com/SLOT22.rar

The car is in the NCR parking shed, but is invisible and cannot be gotten into.

WINE, Auto installation, F2 US, RP 2.1.2b, clean game.

PS
I think the new Vault City's external gate is completely pointless and really annoying to open each time one wants to get through.

I looked at what lockheed said about the car missing and verified on my own save. The problem seems to come from variable 633 (car placement hex) not resetting to 0 when the map is left on foot.
I think that is normally done by the engine, and maybe the forced encounter is messing that up.
I haven't studied exactly how the car works and maybe there is a fancier way of fixing this, but this is my simple solution:
Code:
gcenclen.ssl

procedure map_exit_p_proc
begin
	set_global_var(633, 0);
end

Also, you might want to do the same with easter.ssl (I haven't checked if it gives you the same problems, but would assume it does).

Darek said:
Also, you might want to do the same with easter.ssl (I haven't checked if it gives you the same problems, but would assume it does).
I take it this was addressed to Killap.

Is there any way to retrieve the car in my current game? It was my only save and there was quite some time put into building this character. Plus, there is some stuff in the trunk I would not like to part with.

I tried playing around with save editor resetting the Chop shop quest, but that did not work.

As a separate note, it would be good to rework the dialogues in EPA as the existing ones are just painfully artificial and unfunny (especially, when they try to be) - not on pair with dialogues in other parts of the game.
Please, don't take it as flaming. This is just an opinion of an end user.

lockheed said:
Darek said:
I take it this was addressed to Killap.

Is there any way to retrieve the car in my current game? It was my only save and there was quite some time put into building this character. Plus, there is some stuff in the trunk I would not like to part with.

I tried playing around with save editor resetting the Chop shop quest, but that did not work.

As a separate note, it would be good to rework the dialogues in EPA as the existing ones are just painfully artificial and unfunny (especially, when they try to be) - not on pair with dialogues in other parts of the game.
Please, don't take it as flaming. This is just an opinion of an end user.

IF the only problem is with that variable, then you might try (backup your savegame first) to edit the savegame with Vad's f2se and reset that gvar to 0.

@ lockheed,

Get the Fallout 2 Savegame Editor.
The following needs to be changed:

gvar 18 set to 1
gvar 348 set to 2
gvar 633 set to 23078

Then start your game, load up your save and exit the NCR entrance map on foot. When you come back to the map again the car will be there.

Also, did you by chance mess around with gvar 18 and 348 already? I didn't expect 348 to be wrong and that caused me some problems to figure out (the car wouldn't start).

EDIT: And I see that you did. How did I miss that or did you add that in later? Either way, it would have been useful to know. :roll:
Also, I really shouldn't be helping you, so you learn to use multiple save games in the future. :P

Thanks, Darek. That did the trick.

And I do use multiple saves. I just have the bad habit of overwriting them with at the wrong time ;)

Here' s a brand new bug for you. If your car runs out of fuel on the same grid square, as a town circle, there is no way of getting back to the car.

Luckily, this time I had a backup save ;)

lockheed said:
Here' s a brand new bug for you. If your car runs out of fuel on the same grid square, as a town circle, there is no way of getting back to the car.

So that *should* be fixed. At least I thought it was. It should spawn the car in the town when this happens.

Please post a save game.

killap,
Hi! Great job!

Dunno if it is already fixed, but I have famous 'no restoking' bug with RP 2.1.2b. (sorry if it's already reported)

but I foresee a closed beta coming out this week
Wow, that would be great!

Gecko bug

**Spoiler Alert**

Hey guys I was fixing the reactor in Gecko and had the Hydroelectric magnetosphere regulator and was working at the terminal near the reactor core by Hank, and at some point the terminal requested that I put the part (the HMR) into a transfer tray. Well, I did that and i quit the terminal at some point and saved the game. Now, when I input the correct program sequence for the robot it doesn't let me do command #6 which is to install the HMR, because it acts like I do not have it.

When I try to install it the terminal says I do not have an HMR. Am I screwed here? It is as if it took the part, then it bugged out and disappeared and I can no longer get the part.

I tried going back to Vault City to get another but no luck.

killap said:
lockheed said:

So that *should* be fixed. At least I thought it was. It should spawn the car in the town when this happens.

Please post a save game.
I tried to replicate this error, but this time the fix you are talking about worked. Strange.

Anyway, I understand the whole grid of a city is treated as the city itself, not just the green circle. It would be ideal to restrict the city limits only to the circled area, but I suspect that due to how the game is written, it is not possible without rewriting a large portion of the code.

@NovaRain

I checked the bug report as you linked, thank you, but what do you mean by 'addressed in unreleased update'? Does that mean that there will be an update at some point addressing this? If so is there anything I can do in the mean time?

Kochampion7 said:
@NovaRain

I checked the bug report as you linked, thank you, but what do you mean by 'addressed in unreleased update'? Does that mean that there will be an update at some point addressing this? If so is there anything I can do in the mean time?
It means it has already been fixed in an internal alpha version, and the fix will be included in a beat version which might be coming out this week.

What you can do in the meantime is keep reporting unreported bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back