Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd actually recommend Git if you're going to use a VCS. Much more flexible, etc etc.

Killap, thank you for all this work brahsuf. You've no idea how long I've been waiting for this. Was going to offer you another set of eyes for beta testing, but my workplace has gone apeshit on me the last little while : /

Cheers

Darek said:
@ fortyseven,
Sure you got the name correct there? I ,mean, sure, it's pretty and all but I had nothing to do with that. :P

I meant Dravean who I was also quoting in my post! Sorry about that!

killap said:
Darek said:
killap, why is it that stealing from locked containers never have been disabled?
(more than finding all of them and there's possibly many of them, can't really remember).
That's the reason. I know it's easy to fix, just modifying probably 50+ script files doesn't appeal to me right now. Maybe I'll change my mind before the end of the beta.
I looked through the maps and it's not that many really, I thought it was a much bigger problem.
It only seems to be desks and boxes that are affected, not any kind of lockers (I seem to remember that chests could be stolen from too, but either I'm wrong or they have been fixed).
Here's a small list of the ones I could find, if I missed any it won't be many.
  • Desks:

nibigjlk - Mordino's, desk NR1
    nirtylk - T-Ray's desk, chop shop
    vicswch1 - Cassidy's desk, VC Courtyard
    vicgwch2 - desk in Greetings office, VC Courtyard
    viedwch - Ed's desk, VC Courtyard
    viandwch - Doc Andrew's desk VC Courtyard
    virnwch1 - desk in amenities office, VC Downtown
    viinwch1 - desk in guard building, VC Downtown
    vistkwch - 2 desks in corrections center, VC Downtown

Boxes:

dicrate - crates, Den church
    tribei2 - crate, tribe merchant map
Also possibly something in Navarro, like Schrebers desk, but I couldn't properly check it as the map is messed up.

Darek said:
Here's a small list of the ones I could find, if I missed any it won't be many.
Much thanks. You win this time, NMA. You know how to poke the perfectionist in me. ;)

EDIT: I found 50 scripts referencing zilocker. I assume some of these are lockers, but you claim there is no need to recompile these scripts?

killap said:
I found 50 scripts referencing zilocker. I assume some of these are lockers, but you claim there is no need to recompile these scripts?
Well, I suppose I claim that.
I started to look at containers with a script attached and quickly saw that lockers couldn't be stolen from, but desks could, even if they had the same script as the lockers. I did test all of the container types more than once, but after a while I figured it was no point checking any of the lockers (including footlockers) as I never found a faulty one.
When you see a pattern, you go with it...

I reckon it's an engine issue (they omitted adding the desks to some check, or something).
Also, can't use the mapper to test as all containers can be stolen from in there, has to be in-game.

By the way, those boxes I mentioned above aren't locked as such (I'm pretty sure there are no locked boxes in the game), but you are not supposed to be able to see what's inside them (nothing). By stealing you can.

Hey there.

Color me fucking retarded but for some inexplicable reason I can't get the damn thing to go widescreen no matter what resolution I choose.

TwinkieGorilla said:
Hey there.

Color me fucking retarded but for some inexplicable reason I can't get the damn thing to go widescreen no matter what resolution I choose.
If the map can't fill the screen, it's just that, the map is not high enough.
You may want to use sfall to set the resolution, but IIRC it will scale the sprites up, instead of giving you a bigger view of the map.
About main menu and movies, there is an option to set it, IIRC is in the f2_res.ini, which lets you decide how to manage those. The options are not rescaling, rescaling maintaining original ratio (4:3, this is the default option) or rescaling to fill the screen.

Yeah, not looking for a false wide-screen. Just remembering...possibly falsely...that changing the resolution to 1024 x 768 was the best outcome I got last time.

But yeah. Just got some thick black bars on the sides of the screen no matter which res I choose.

TwinkieGorilla said:
Yeah, not looking for a false wide-screen. Just remembering...possibly falsely...that changing the resolution to 1024 x 768 was the best outcome I got last time.

But yeah. Just got some thick black bars on the sides of the screen no matter which res I choose.
Anyway, that should happen only in small maps, like the entrance of Arroyo's temple. Most maps should fill the screen with that resolution.

<--memory for shit.

Ah, right. Cheers then. Funny that this is only the billionth time I've installed Kilap's patches and the hi res patch.

Bug in San Fran Unarmed fights

Hey guys, F2 keeps crashing during my fight with Master Rube. It always crashes when I've knocked him down, or it is his turn partway through the fight (memory reference error). It hasn't crashed during any other fights, and I can't think of a reason why it does. Any ideas?

wow, has that long waited time has come to an end really ? Mesmerizing...

Btw there are still many "unconfirmed" reports on wiki page showing up. Will these be checked again, or shall they gonna tried to be reproduced by any chance ?

If not, how Killap gonna overcome those issues that are left alone ?

I don't know how, but my Bozar now shoots with the sound of a Shotgun (single shot).
Anyone know how to fix this?

And I can't get the "Put the Village on a trade route" quest. I solved the first village quest by negotiating with McClure, waited more than 1 month.

fixer_m said:
I don't know how, but my Bozar now shoots with the sound of a Shotgun (single shot).
Anyone know how to fix this?

And I can't get the "Put the Village on a trade route" quest. I solved the first village quest by negotiating with McClure, waited more than 1 month.

I thought that that was a "fix" (sound switched with M60, see Per's guide-
"It seems likely that the M60 and Bozar have had their firing sounds inadvertently exchanged. The M60, which has a "blam" sound in the game, is of course a machine gun, while the Bozar, which has a "rotating barrels" sound like a Gatling, is a kind of sniper rifle according to the description and picture and uses accurate .223 FMJ ammo.") that was added...

I thought that that was a "fix" (sound switched with M60, see Per's guide-
I don't think so.
Bozar fires in burts mode only but game plays signle shot sound of shotgun (Combat Shotgun, I assume) - it's weird and awful.

Just reinstalled game and RP... it didn't help! :)

Killap, is it too late to ask a little question about a vanilla bug?
When you win the game, you are explicitly authorized by Lynette to enter Vault City with any companion, but the Doctor still becomes hostile if you enter the vault with Marcus. I think there is a missing check where he might want to know if you already destroyed the Enclave if you aren't the Captain of the Guard. His behavior should be the same. Anyway, I don't know if it's already fixed in the RP, I still didn't won the RP this time, and prior times I didn't talked to Lynette after winning, so I was unaware of this.

Killap, bro.

You know I love you.

But what the fuck? You still haven't fixed this shit? There is no way (surely you must realize this?) Lara should be dying before I get my 4th turn at the cathedral. That's plain stupid. There's also no reason why her sledgehammer guard needs to be chillin' 'round the corner and never entering the fight.

You know I love you.

EDIT: Wait. Or is this because of one of you other 'tards ammo mods that I blindly "ok'ed" on install? I remember having this issue like every damn time I try a new Killap version. :x

TwinkieGorilla said:
There is no way (surely you must realize this?) Lara should be dying before I get my 4th turn at the cathedral. That's plain stupid. There's also no reason why her sledgehammer guard needs to be chillin' 'round the corner and never entering the fight.

You can always use stimpaks on her to keep her health up, but yes the fight seems harder than the vanilla version.

Another tricky method is steal all the ammo from the slavers, then lock the doors to their building isolating the 3 groups (Metzger - Inner room, Middle room, and outside).

Now shoot a slaver from a safe distance and initiate combat, but run back to the church and hide behind Tyler, the slavers will obviously shoot at you and there is a high chance they will hit Tyler or his black buddie. After that happens just run away and let Tyler's gang wipe the slavers out.

When its safe collect the slavers weapons and unlock the next room full of angry slavers, just run back to Tyler's gang and watch the fight. Just make sure you don't kill Metzger, otherwise Lara can't complete her mission of defeating Tyler. With all that carnage hopefully Tyler's gang will be greatly weakened.

The battle at the party can be made slightly easier if you lock the door to the back rooms (before taking the Lara quest), that keeps one dude out of the initial fight with Tyler.

It's alway nice to have others do the fighting for you. :wink:

@Killap

Do you want to add the 'The Extended Flamer Attack Mod' to the RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back