Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

I've noticed some bugs in the latest RP patch. There are crashes during fights (first kaga, metzen, wanamingo mine are the ones where it came for me). Another was when I took some mentat after getting into Vault city as a servant and talked to Skeev or Barkus, they still treated me like a retard and the only option was "go on" which did nothing just closed the conversation.

Minor problem is the hunting rifle animation. The character only put the gun on his shoulder during walk when I walk straight to left in leather armor. In one of the sprites, the reload animation isn't reloading but putting the gun on his shoulder and scratches his head, like the idle animation.

Major problems that Frog Morton's gang has no range and they run into melee distance to shoot me. Also, if I talk to the iguana-selling guy in the NCR as a stupid, there's some freezing during barter which is persistent until I exit Fallout 2 and open again. This bug didn't show up with normal intelligence.

Btw I love Cassidy's talking head and voice over, it fits in like the rest of the original elements.

Little update to my problem. I noticed that it tends to freeze whenever I try to attack "mean" centaurs. Regular centaurs don't seem to be causing any freezes. Also, Marcus killed one of them with his light support weapon, and there was no blood coming out of it when it died. All the other centaurs leave a pool of blood.

:nuclear: Bug reported on madbrahmin.cz:
Marcus has dropped his badass armor after being zapped by pulse gun. The armor can be weared by Chosen One then, which turns his sprite into supermutant one.

:nuclear: Bug reported on madbrahmin.cz:
Marcus has dropped his badass armor after being zapped by pulse gun. The armor can be weared by Chosen One then, which turns his sprite into supermutant one.

That's not a bug. It's badass. :razz:

Really though.

Uhm, I got the GOG version and looks like Bethshitdsta added SFALL and and god knows what else. Is RP compatible with that version? I don't want to reinstall the game again..

Can Kaga still be knocked out and become unconscious?

A few years ago whe I played Fallout 2 with the Restoration Project mod. I could knock out Kaga, loot his body, let him live, and then do it again when Kaga returned with better loots. Now it seems that I am unable to knock him out.

In the ddraw.ini SFall includes the options for ammo damage fixes.
Which ones can I use without incorporating a mod into the game? (eg, that would change proto files)

In the ddraw.ini SFall includes the options for ammo damage fixes.
Which ones can I use without incorporating a mod into the game? (eg, that would change proto files)
If you don't want to change ammo proto files or install any other mini mod, and didn't install YAAM from RP installer, Glovz's Damage Fix (DamageFormula=1 or 2) is the only one compatible with vanilla ammo protos.
You can see its thread for more info on its concept and how it works: http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthread.php?200361

Odd that everyone places Sulik's sister with Metzger, since I always assumed that to be a red herring, and from Sulik's description it seemed like it was done by the Enclave (ergo, Sulik would have a reason to stick with the Chosen until the end).

When RP 2.3.x with bug fixes + latest sfall will be released? I don't want know days, but have killap told anything to you guys?

When RP 2.3.x with bug fixes + latest sfall will be released? I don't want know days, but have killap told anything to you guys?
He was here a few months ago and said he's working on RP still. When? Nobody knows.

A funny thing happened on the way to New Reno Arms...

I modified the map using mapper. The only change I made was replacing Eldridge with the Bounty Hunter Leader (wearing Power Armor) critter proto. Set the replacement critter to use the same script and ai packet as eldridge. And generally he functioned the way he should...

But then this weird, havent ever seen it before, bug happened.

After asking to see his wares, the dialog menu gets stuck on the screen. And rather than just a visual artifact, it still blocks the screen as if it was the dialog box (though dialogue options on it are not selectable).

This prevents being able to scroll up and down on the NPC's menu, and scroll up and down on the player's except with the mousewheel. Canceling back with the Talk button works just fine, but this -always- happens when trying to barter with him (and the dialog also says the Barter button itself is disabled - "this person will not barter with you").

attachment.php

Like I said, never seen this bug before, with any other character for any reason, over the entire period ive been playing fallout.

Im using SFall 3.3
(this change was the only modification I made to the map)

Attachments

• scr00001.png
    scr00001.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,123
I know that Randal's set up to allow bartering if you get through the conversation with fake citizenship papers, it shouldn't be too hard setting up Eldridge's Bounty Hunter leader variable to enable barter.

From what I understand, the Barter dialogue option overrides the "cannot Barter" flag

Back