Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

I don't know if this was a bug with the game or the patch; but in and after a long battle, some live NPCs would have their talk option replaced with loot. This becomes a big problem when it affects companions because you can not talk to them and they would only follow you to the next map. This has happen fairly often; but one time, it nearly cost me a lot of progress. I gave Lenny some vitamin .223 hoping for a cure or at least freeing up a companion slot. It worked and I reload decided to go for vitamin BB which worked just as well.
The 'NPC turns into a container' bug, usually can be fixed manually in game: http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fo2-engine-tweaks.178390/page-123#post-4065716
Already fixed in sfall 3.7, the next RP 2.4 should have the updated sfall.

An additional, and also very minor issue I came across:
In "Find out what's haunting the tribe's shaman.", the ghost girl is vulnerable to attack. If attacked, she will kick and punch in return. If she is killed, upon returning to the shaman, her dead body will lie on the ground and give the lines that the upright ghost would have.
The quest seems unaffected.

So Fallout 2 crashes the instant I access it, I'm going to do the usual uninstall-reinstall and see if that fixes it but if any of you find this useful or have any recommendations PM me.
Fallout 2 crash.png

Oh and after getting the message a new window opens but it's just a blank white slate and then after a few seconds it stops responding.

The 'NPC turns into a container' bug, usually can be fixed manually in game: http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fo2-engine-tweaks.178390/page-123#post-4065716
Already fixed in sfall 3.7, the next RP 2.4 should have the updated sfall.
Cool, good to know that's fixed. I need to see what all is new in sfall these days. I remember you mentioning many new engine fixes. Exciting!

Start going on wikia fixing the easiest stuff 1st to warm up little by little. ;)
Heh, this just might be the current strategy. ;-) Good to see you still around, btw.

• (RP 2.3.3, Wine 1.8 on Linux Mint 17.3) After I took the scout around Gecko mission from Stark I went into Gecko to buy some 7.62mm for my new FN FAL. I ended up talking to Gordon and when I got back to give the info to Mclure, I got a dialog line about the magnetohydrowhatchamacallit but I hadn't talked to any one about what was wrong with the plant.

Great to know there's gonna be new RP in future. I played game patched with this mod only once but had great fun, and it's really easy to admit that vanilla Fallout 2 looks like incomplete game without RP.

Starting playing the Restoration Patch, and man, it is like old times. May the Holy Toaster bless you Killap. However, I have one odd issue. I noticed that when I entered Vault City, I don't see Old Joe by the stand pipe or get the mission to see Vault City Village. Mind you I am using your installer. Other than that, love the restoration. Makes everything smooth.

Is a new release coming?
Killap already stated he's gonna realease one more RP. But I think it's gonna take him a while since he's busy with his life and there is many talking and armored heads he want to (hopefully) implent :D

Hello,

I've just reported this bug wiki ; a text incoherence while in combat.
Wiki is really "full" and this one is easy to fix...

• {528}{} {%s were critically hit for no damage} ...{5001}{}{. A serious wound is inflicted}. --> These lines should not be put together.
For the fisrt part, see also lines {527}, {577}, {578}, {627}, {628}, etc

The easy way would be to change the lines {5001} & {5101} in COMBAT.msg

Last edited:
Hi killap and everyone, I tried this patch on Win 7 64bit after a clean installation, but get an error like "can't load cities", any idea about it?

Thanks to killap for working hard on this patch, anyway, I have every reason to believe it is an amazing patch, I really hope that I can get it works.

Hi killap and everyone, I tried this patch on Win 7 64bit after a clean installation, but get an error like "can't load cities", any idea about it?
Thanks to killap for working hard on this patch, anyway, I have every reason to believe it is an amazing patch, I really hope that I can get it works.
That means sfall doesn't get properly loaded for some reason.
Check if your anti-virus/firewall program blocks it, or if it's in KnownDLLs registry entry.

Hello everyone,
I've stuck with the Dunton brothers quest. The problem is I've completed guard the brahmin guest and found Radscorpion Limbs. But there is no dialogue option to confront brothers about that finding. In others topics there is an information that one should firstly ask Maida Buckner about what is going in Clamath. But I've only got this dialogue:

Ironically, her mother then told me to go again ask Maida.

Does anyone knows how to fix this bug?

Did you examine the brahmin in the back of Dunton's place? Try that and talk to Maida again. I know you do have to examine them for that quest to get going.

Did you examine the brahmin in the back of Dunton's place? Try that and talk to Maida again. I know you do have to examine them for that quest to get going.
Yes, I did, but it had no effect. Moreover, there weren't any messages about different markings that someone has branded over brahmins.

I think the problem lies in the Maida dialogue. Here is a quote from restoration project guide:
Talk to Maida Buckner and ask about what's going on in town. She'll mention that someone is rustling Brahmin. Examine the Brahm in behind the Dunton's place to notice they have different markings that someone has branded over. Next, accept Torr's job to help him guard the Brahm in. Kill the Radscorpions for Torr, or also accept the job from the Dunton's to scare Torr away for more xp. You can now finish the 'Guard the Brahmin' quest even after Torr runs away. Before you leave this area, check the shack and collect the Radscorpion limbs as evidence. Back in town, you must confront the Dunton's and make them stop frightening Torr(250xp). Go back and talk to Maida, then talk to Ardin. With the 2 clues, you can prove the Dunton's are rustling and collect a reward (300xp).
So, firstly I need to talk to Maida and ask about what's going on in Clamath. But as I've shown in previous post she only tells to go ask Ardin, Ardin tells to go ask Maida, etc... I have another save before taking guard the brahmin quest but dialogues are the same. Looks like a bug, but unfortunately I haven't found info about this problem.

Yes, I did, but it had no effect. Moreover, there weren't any messages about different markings that someone has branded over brahmins.
Examine again. Success depends on perception. With low PE, you might have to do that a dozen times. It's quite wordy, you'll notice it.
So, firstly I need to talk to Maida and ask about what's going on in Clamath. But as I've shown in previous post she only tells to go ask Ardin, Ardin tells to go ask Maida, etc... I have another save before taking guard the brahmin quest but dialogues are the same. Looks like a bug, but unfortunately I haven't found info about this problem.
When I completed the quest, I never had to confront them directly. First, examine brahmins, talk to Maisa about that, then help Torr, then bring limbs to Ardin (or Maida, don't remember), then Dantons will be gone.

Back