Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

Try disabling antivirus, maybe. It's some permission issue... or maybe you just don't have enough disk space?

Seems that RP installer cannot overwrite your gog-version included ddraw.dll file for some reason. Try deleting the file manually before installing RP. /edit: Or just rename it to ddraw.bck or something

I'm having problem with npc's. After they level up I save the game, then reload from saved game and their progress vanish - their stats go back to lvl1. Besides RP I have installed also mod 'The lands of Mordor'. Does anyone met with such issue before or know how to fix my problem?

experiencing crash in the NCR while trying to talk with Saltbeef about map (suggesting alcohol) :-/

F2 1.02.31 RP 2.3.3 sfall 3.8.3 win2k
PC's: win XP x32 & win8 x64
save game: we.tl/HtFeOqMHD6

Attachments

• f2 crash.png
    f2 crash.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
Hi, is it recommended to install the latest sfall (ddraw.dll) for RP 2.3.3 or is the version 3.3 (included in RP installation) bug-less with this mod?

Hi. I just installed fallout 2 with the restoration project, when lauch the game, at the initial screen it shows;

Fallout II 1.02.31
RP 2.3.3
SFALL 3.3a

What is SFALL 3.3a? another mod or part of the restoration project/patch ?
Thanks.

Having an odd problem. I'm trying to use the Custom Perks script found on this page http://www.nirran.com/Fallout2Scripts.php. When I put everything into my fallout 2 folder and play the game, whenever I get into combat I end up attacking myself instead of the giant ant enemies. I tried setting the options in the CustomPerks.ini file provided to setting 2 (Restoration Project setting) to see if that would change anything but sadly no difference. Any ideas why this is happening? The other script I'm using from that link (Experience Multiplied) seems to work fine so I'm not sure what step I'm not following properly for the Custom Perks script.

I'm trying to run Fallout 2 RP on Ubuntu 15.10 using Wine, with RP installed over GOG.com's FO2 installation.

My first install worked in windowed mode. I so wish I'd counted my blessings and stopped tinkering there and then. Instead, dissatisfied with running it in windowed mode, I wiped .wine prefix and started afresh, since when I've repeatedly fallen at the load screen with error

wmAreaInit::Error loading Cities!

I run it in the Ubuntu terminal from the ~/.wine directory as suggested in F2RP Technical Info

winedlloverrides="ddraw.dll=n" wine fallout2hr

My screen resolution in f2_res.ini and ddraw.ini is identical; graphics mode in ddraw.ini set to 4, dx9 libraries installed; winecfging fallout2hr.exe makes no difference (win compatability on/off; emulation; whatever). I just don't know.

I did get error messages in the terminal relating to Gallium at one point (this is my fifth or sixth clean install, second reformatted OS install).

Sys specs:

ubuntu 15.10
HP Pavilion Notebook
Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics x 4
Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD MULLINS (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.6.2)
64-bit

I did emulate 32-bit using PlayOnLinux without success and after similar tweaking about.

I've also tried adding and removing the recommended installing wine prefix libraries with winetricks and adding/removing to/from the fallout2hr app's override; native list in winecfg. No change.

If somebody can find the time to point me at or walk me through a fix or a functional install I promise to nod appreciatively in their direction.

I'm posting from my phone ATM, but can upload / paste .dll and .ini upon request.

Thanks.

Having an odd problem. I'm trying to use the Custom Perks script found on this page http://www.nirran.com/Fallout2Scripts.php. When I put everything into my fallout 2 folder and play the game, whenever I get into combat I end up attacking myself instead of the giant ant enemies. I tried setting the options in the CustomPerks.ini file provided to setting 2 (Restoration Project setting) to see if that would change anything but sadly no difference. Any ideas why this is happening? The other script I'm using from that link (Experience Multiplied) seems to work fine so I'm not sure what step I'm not following properly for the Custom Perks script.

I ended up getting in contact with the creator who wrote the script and he was able to help me directly. In the end he sent me a new version of the script and it ended up working with the restoration project just fine! I've attached the files for his script just in case he doesn't get the chance to update his website.

Attachments

Decided i wanted some mods for Fallout 2 but not the extras from the RP. Is it possible to just install some of the extra content like animations and such? Found the mods but at least 1 of those i wants haven't been updated besides in the RP.

Decided i wanted some mods for Fallout 2 but not the extras from the RP. Is it possible to just install some of the extra content like animations and such? Found the mods but at least 1 of those i wants haven't been updated besides in the RP.
Yes you can extract parts (easier from manual install pack), but you have to know which files exactly do you need.

I could try to help. What parts of the RP are you interested in?

That would be great!
Difference apperance for your char.
Better world map
Party change apperance. The axtra armors for Marcus etc is not needed.
New boxing apperance in New Reno
Quick de-robeing for Goris
Cassidy Talking head + voice.

Also wasn't the mod for Miria and Dave "?" in the restoration project? Or am i remebering something wrong here. Seems like the old one i used back in the days is not working anymore.

That would be great!
Difference apperance for your char.
Better world map
Party change apperance. The axtra armors for Marcus etc is not needed.
New boxing apperance in New Reno
Quick de-robeing for Goris
Cassidy Talking head + voice.

Also wasn't the mod for Miria and Dave "?" in the restoration project? Or am i remebering something wrong here. Seems like the old one i used back in the days is not working anymore.

The various spouse mods have never been a part of the RP, and are not compatible these days (although they used to be).

Appearance mod for the hero is easy to put in. Just some art folders and the rest should be handled by sfall. Worldmap too. I think the Goris animation is just an edited .FRM, so that should be really easy.

The boxing model is a bit more challenging. The way this is done is quite nasty, the game gives you an invisible armor and keeps track of it with a global script and in OBJ_DUDE.ssl. I'll have to recompile nearly every script in the game because they're almost all touched by NEWRENO.h in some way.

Then there are the NPC appearances and Cassidy's head which also require fiddling with their scripts. Cassidy will pretty much need the one from the RP. I really hope he doesnt have any references to the Abbey because of the heart pills.

So in short, I'll need you to tell me exactly which mods you'll be using, and then I can edit their scripts to jam in the stuff you want. But Goris, the worldmap and the hero appearance should be okay on its own.

The various spouse mods have never been a part of the RP, and are not compatible these days (although they used to be).

Appearance mod for the hero is easy to put in. Just some art folders and the rest should be handled by sfall. Worldmap too. I think the Goris animation is just an edited .FRM, so that should be really easy.

The boxing model is a bit more challenging. The way this is done is quite nasty, the game gives you an invisible armor and keeps track of it with a global script and in OBJ_DUDE.ssl. I'll have to recompile nearly every script in the game because they're almost all touched by NEWRENO.h in some way.

Then there are the NPC appearances and Cassidy's head which also require fiddling with their scripts. Cassidy will pretty much need the one from the RP. I really hope he doesnt have any references to the Abbey because of the heart pills.

So in short, I'll need you to tell me exactly which mods you'll be using, and then I can edit their scripts to jam in the stuff you want. But Goris, the worldmap and the hero appearance should be okay on its own.

Pretty much unofficial patch + these and maybe a good Mirian mod if there is any still working out there. Think there was 2 out there back in the days but can't remeber wich one i used.

Back