Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

man, i tried that line, if y mean ''timelimit=-3'', in fact i tried even fallout save editor for edit game time, so... number changes, but bug persist, ehhhh

My 2 cents, now that the bug happened it may not help to adjust anything in the ddraw.ini, that should have been done before so the bug wouldn't be triggered at all.

hmm, its not 13-years limit, right now after new game i met this bug again, after 2-3 years past or so, what a f? i killed metzger, sold stuff from his gang and bug happens

anybody knows killap's email?

Pfft, good luck with that. I improved almost every map using resources from the Restoration Mod (for my personal use) and contacted him here to see if I could upload them for the community since the maps are for a game using his patch and not the Restoration Mod and what's more some I based on his own improved maps for the mod (I also inserted his raider maps directly from the RP since they're fully compatible with the vanilla base game). But he never replied. That was last year. He's been silent and hasn't logged in for ages.

Screenshot_20180725-043045~01.png

He either moved on or dropped dead. Harsh way to put it but what else can I say? I'm a brutally honest kind of guy.

Last edited:
ive been having trouble with all my saves, when I try to start them they all give me the same message of "the instruction at 004f11db referenced memory at 00000010 the memory could not be read from" any tips?

A save can get corrupted on occasion, with the base game as well, especially during fights but I never had all my saves screwed.
Did you do anything special? Tried to do modding of your own, reinstalled your game and tried to use old saves, changed the sfall version, something else?

. He's been silent and hasn't logged in for ages.

View attachment 10610

He either moved on or dropped dead. Harsh way to put it but what else can I say? I'm a brutally honest kind of guy.
Over 2.5 years... isn't it time to act?
Not sure what is still on the list but afaik what was meant to be restored was restored.
So it's now just about fixing things that the community finds.
Of course it's not fine to work on someones mod without permission, but if he is gone he surely wouldn't mind if the mod gets polished.

So it's now just about fixing things that the community finds.
there a must be a method to freeze gametime not only de jury and symbolically, but for saving all game's functionality after any gaming time long; i have problem not only with trader's restock -- can't recruiting maria or davin after long time playing; on my russian forum they said me that after six years or so there is negative value of gaming ''ticks'', and turmoil in scripts happens... best game in the world not designed for long time playing, what a f?!

there a must be a method to freeze gametime not only de jury and symbolically, but for saving all game's functionality after any gaming time long; i have problem not only with trader's restock -- can't recruiting maria or davin after long time playing; on my russian forum they said me that after six years or so there is negative value of gaming ''ticks'', and turmoil in scripts happens... best game in the world not designed for long time playing, what a f?!

donno if it is this related bug but can try this

Code:
;Time limit in years. Must be between -3 and 13
;Set to 0 if you want to die the instant you leave arroyo
;Set to -1 to remove the time limit, and automatically reset the date back to 2241 each time you would have reached it
;Set to -2 to remove the time limit without resetting the date. The game will lock up on 8th of March 2255
;Set to -3 to remove the time limit, automatically reset the date, but override Fallout's GetDate function to return the correct year
TimeLimit=-3

try setting to -3

Nirran

Hi everyone. I am the Polish translator of Restoration Project modification, created by our friend, Killap. On January 30, 2016, he sent me the last message that he still needs some time to complete version 2.3.4. I have not received an answer for the next message ... Since then, all contact methods are inactive. After such a long time, I'm afraid Killap died.

donno if it is this related bug but can try this

Code:
;Time limit in years. Must be between -3 and 13
;Set to 0 if you want to die the instant you leave arroyo
;Set to -1 to remove the time limit, and automatically reset the date back to 2241 each time you would have reached it
;Set to -2 to remove the time limit without resetting the date. The game will lock up on 8th of March 2255
;Set to -3 to remove the time limit, automatically reset the date, but override Fallout's GetDate function to return the correct year
TimeLimit=-3

try setting to -3

Nirran
its not working, man, this parametres like unimprortant part of double-entry bookkeeping)) its changes symbols, but scripts crushes anyway

Hi everyone. I am the Polish translator of Restoration Project modification, created by our friend, Killap. On January 30, 2016, he sent me the last message that he still needs some time to complete version 2.3.4. I have not received an answer for the next message ... Since then, all contact methods are inactive. After such a long time, I'm afraid Killap died.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
killap's website with his email is still online, but no activity since 2014. http://www.killap.net/

for the time limit: i remenber someone said it is because of engine limitations causing a buffer overflow after 13 years of gameplay.

One question (of course I've got RP2,3.3. I only overwrite ddraw.dll file from sfall_4.0.7 and add line in ddraw.ini BonusHtHDamageFix/DisplayBonusDamage)

In ddraw.ini file:
";A key to press to toggle the highlighting of all items on the ground on the current map
ToggleItemHighlightsKey=42"
Didn't work in my game - any advice?

One question (of course I've got RP2,3.3. I only overwrite ddraw.dll file from sfall_4.0.7 and add line in ddraw.ini BonusHtHDamageFix/DisplayBonusDamage)

In ddraw.ini file:
";A key to press to toggle the highlighting of all items on the ground on the current map
ToggleItemHighlightsKey=42"
Didn't work in my game - any advice?

This feature is in sfallmods.ini file now.

Back