Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project Discussion (ideas/suggestions)

time to change useless traits to more useful traits.. like gearing character to be a "class".

class as in the normal sniper, h+h slayer..
or "bomberman" class?
or "ninja/assasin" class?
or "good-guy" class?
or "hell-spawn" class?

as in changing a few perks to be traits
like thief build for new classes like ninja/assasin build.

Don't know if this has been asked before. Would it be possible to implement a unique feature to the sawed-off shotgun in contrast to the standard one by replacing the aimed mode with the possiblity to fire both barrels at once?
I always asked myself what's the point of having two weapons with almost the same damage and ap cost characteristics. Why should i pick the sawed-off if the standard has doulbe the range? Also it's not like you have to or can aim with a six inch sawed-off buckshot anyway.

if this has been suggested then apologies
but in the restoration 2.0 it has new frames for wakizashi etc, could someone make frames so that your NPC followers can use a wider range of weapons?

can we make use of those "useless" items?
quest from girls? for necklace? flowers? condoms?
antique watches? etc..

revamping traits will also give more diversity in gameplay...

@joochian: I doubt it will happen in RP as RP only suppose to fill unfinished business in F2. However people are free to mod RP to make items meaningful.

joochian said:
can we make use of those "useless" items? quest from girls? for necklace? flowers? condoms? antique watches? etc..
Most of those items were originally from Fallout 1 and had real purpose…the Black Isle team recycled everything from Fallout 1 and built about the same amount again for Fallout 2. I find the so called useless things give the game extra character…if we looked inside our own homes we find them also full of mostly meaningless objects. :wink:

Posted here since I don't think there is a wiki page for minor nits such as this:

Change the message you get when you kill the last rat for Farrel in Modoc to 'You gain 300 experience points for killing all the rats infesting Farell's garden'. Now it just says 'You gain 300 experience points.' making it easy to overlook that the quest is over.

As well as larger feature requests like this:

I would really like it if the English version of the game used the ISO-8859-1 charset (Latin-1). This is so that I can be 'Grävling' (Swedish for 'Badger') even though there is no letter 'ä' in English. Since ISO-8859-1 is a superset, it shouldn't inconvenience English speakers. Also, how hard would it be to have the game recognise my (Swedish in my case) keyboard? Currently it thinks I have a USA ascii layout.

Better to make a new note for every nit, or edit this page as I come up with suggestions?

Grävling

I would like it if when you encounter a merchant party of slaves and owners, the slaves are clearly shown as this rather than 'you see nothing unusual's when you look at them during combat. (After combat they are identified as slaves.). This problem may only occur when you meet 'a merchant party fighting XXX' and the merchandise being moved is slaves.

how many people voted to have the loud bang noise for 14mm from FO1?

it's getting on my nerves... 14mm/magnum/.223 is freaking loud compared to other stronger greater weapons...

can anyone teach me to revert it back to normal? without un-installing and re-installing the installer?

joochian said:

it's getting on my nerves... 14mm/magnum/.223 is freaking loud compared to other stronger greater weapons...

Yeah, it is way louder than every other sound in the game. Hell, I'd almost consider it a bug.

I know there've been times when I had the volume real low because my girlfriend was sleeping, but then someone would fire a magnum or something and it'd explode out of my speakers, startling the hell outta me.

I have no problem with the sound itself, it should just be brought down to match the volume of the rest of the game's sounds.

I'd like to request some option that would allow the user to install RP 2.0 - with all of the old maps except for San Francisco since it has some new stuff added. I really hate the current set of maps, the way they look. All so changed, with all that grass and rocks, rocks, rocks of all types everywhere that look horridly when their all so mixed together along with all that grass. I'd simply like to play with the original stuff with new quests added. So I'd like to suggest making 2 installation versions or 2 choices:

- original maps (with the new San Francisco, quests, etc. etc.)

- new maps

Or more options.

Otherwise I'll just have to edit all the maps and tune down the grass and limit them to like 1,2 verities (not models just their types) of rocks in fear of loosing some added content.

I'm also trying to add a different version of the EPA map and I'd like to request some help from you mr. killap if you have the time. The map is about 80% finished I'm just not sure how to fox the scroll blockers... I tried about 16 times now and they just don't seem to work. I used 2 layers sometimes 3, but I can just scroll right past everything. Anyway I'll update the thread I've made some time ago in the general modding section:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54403

I hope to hear from you soon so you can look at my work. I'll also upload one of the maps.

Dravean said:
joochian said:

Yeah, it is way louder than every other sound in the game. Hell, I'd almost consider it a bug.

I know there've been times when I had the volume real low because my girlfriend was sleeping, but then someone would fire a magnum or something and it'd explode out of my speakers, startling the hell outta me.

I have no problem with the sound itself, it should just be brought down to match the volume of the rest of the game's sounds.

yea.. agreed.. i vote for "softer" 14mm/magnum/.223 sound.. it should be as softer than minigun... realistically speaking.. haha

the reward gun from old joe/ian is so anticlimatic.
by the the time you get the village quest, you already visited ncr, where can buy .223 in ncr. you also went thru robbers with sniper riffles/.223 also..

how about revamping this reward? some better armour like PA/weapon like his best weapon in FO1?

Id also like it if the sound of the 14mm/magnum/.223 got toned down.
Volume wise its just out of tune compared to the rest of the sounds, it also wakes up people when you try to play it at night. hehe

Though I like the sound itself, nothing wrong with that.

Bye !

joochian said:
the reward gun from old joe/ian is so anticlimatic.
by the the time you get the village quest, you already visited ncr, where can buy .223 in ncr. you also went thru robbers with sniper riffles/.223 also..

how about revamping this reward? some better armour like PA/weapon like his best weapon in FO1?

What about :

- 10 000 caps
- a flare
- an old rusty knife
- & a box of noodles

:) hey, Ian's supposed to be old, so a bit crazy too.

btw, do you know what would be nice? Finding a place that still uses caps as a currency. But I guess it's more an idea for the Megamod.

can we change the colour of the chemistry journals so one is less likely to purchase them by mistake, thinking they are Big Books of Science?

Grävling, who just did that :-(

I have always found it odd that Cal, identified as the 'gun merchant' on the oil tanker in SF, who stands in a store under a 'GUNS' sign never has any guns for sale. Instead he is running an apothecary that stocks the occasional mega power fist. Maybe his description should be changed to reflect this? Change the sign, too? Does it make sense that he sells jet antidote before Dr Troy has invented it?

In any case, if you buy the anidote from him and take it to Doc Johnson in Redding, he will think that it comes from Dr Troy whom you might not even have met yet. Conceivably you haven't even been to Vault City yet.

Grävling

killap and friends..
any idea to soften magnum/14mm/.223 sound?

i want ian to gimme his cool blue jeans.. haha.. so i fucking look like joey from den.. and other drug dealers in new reno...

i hate caps.. unless to be traded for someting uber...

yes.. i noticed also SF shops in tanker produce jet-antidote... too.. so does laochu in vanilaa fo2, but nowadays.. all restocking is pretty lame and same...

Back