Fallout 2 Restoration Project Gameplay Thread

Rodneyh37 said:
So I'm forced to re-install the latest verison of sfall, It's now working again.
Is there any chance I could get you to backup your save games, reinstall the game (humongous install), install 2.0.2d from my sig, and then apply the 2.0.2e patch?

I fear some odd conflicts are occurring that can only be weeded out with a fresh install.

killap said:
Rodneyh37 said:
So I'm forced to re-install the latest verison of sfall, It's now working again.
Is there any chance I could get you to backup your save games, reinstall the game (humongous install), install 2.0.2d from my sig, and then apply the 2.0.2e patch?

I fear some odd conflicts are occurring that can only be weeded out with a fresh install.

Ok, il re-install the game and then install 2.0.0d, but then what do you want me to do? apply the 2.0.02e and check if the elevators work? or upload something for you?

Rodneyh37 said:
Ok, il re-install the game and then install 2.0.0d, but then what do you want me to do? apply the 2.0.02e and check if the elevators work?
Yep. Hopefully it will work and you won't have wasted your time reinstalling things. Remember to not download sfall separately, let's go with just an RP install.

Hi Killap,

I got a new problem now, I get a CTD when I enter the first floor on the left elevator, it says "Application Error: The instruction at 0048d9a4 referenced memory at 0acfba77. The memory could not be read from"....

EDIT: Never mind, reinstalled the mod and fixed the problem

killap said:
Rodneyh37 said:
Ok, il re-install the game and then install 2.0.0d, but then what do you want me to do? apply the 2.0.02e and check if the elevators work?
Yep. Hopefully it will work and you won't have wasted your time reinstalling things. Remember to not download sfall separately, let's go with just an RP install.

You want me to test it first before i add 2.0.02e? or i should add 2.0.02e and then test?

HarpsS1ngh said:
.. how to complete the quest: fix the epa lighting problem?
[spoiler:8da7496038]Go to the maintenance level (rusty one, where you jammed the ventilation). There is couple of generators, one of them is badly damaged, watch floating texts. You will need some junk to repair it, and also some repair skills. Good luck![/spoiler:8da7496038]

Just thought I'd mention that the install worked like a charm. Everything is as it should be. I still feel dumb that something so simple conflicted with the game like that...you learn something new everyday I guess. Thanks again.

Well, this is strange, i didn't remove my older [the one I'm playing with] Fallout2 folder but i did install "humongous install" of Fallout 2 in a new location and i installed RS and then add 2.0.2d and it doesn't open, saying "can't find/load text font".

If it helps though, the elevators do work on Vault 13 as well as the Vault in Vault City who i believe has the same pop-up window... but maybe its using a different code then the one in EPA and the Mine in Redding?

Rodneyh37 said:
Well, this is strange, i didn't remove my older [the one I'm playing with] Fallout2 folder but i did install "humongous install" of Fallout 2 in a new location and i installed RS and then add 2.0.2d and it doesn't open, saying "can't find/load text font".
That error usually comes up if you try to run the Fallout2.exe from a directory that doesn't have the master.dat file.

Honestly I don't know what to say. I just recommended to people with odd problems to do a fresh humongous install of the game, don't save any files (unless you have 2.x save games), and install JUST the Restoration project and relevant fixes, no other mods.

killap said:
Rodneyh37 said:
That error usually comes up if you try to run the Fallout2.exe from a directory that doesn't have the master.dat file.

Honestly I don't know what to say. I just recommended to people with odd problems to do a fresh humongous install of the game, don't save any files (unless you have 2.x save games), and install JUST the Restoration project and relevant fixes, no other mods.

Oh well, il live without EPA, everything else is fine.

Maybe you could look into it on a next update as i said the elevators do work on Vault 13 as well as the Vault in Vault City and also on the Sierra Army Depot who i believe has the same pop-up window... but maybe its using a different code then the one in EPA and the Mine in Redding?

Hi, I found a potential bug trying to get the parts for the air purifier in broken hills from renesco. I'm told to go to renesco and give him a password but I dont get that dialogue option when I go to renesco.

I have a few questions about RP gameplay (most really old but I heard some rumors and I got curious):

-Lenny glowing after giving him gamma gulp?

-A way to save V13 deathclaws? (Killing K-9 owner I think).

-A way to prevent Gecko from getting slaved after optimizing the plant.

I know those are really old questions and most of you are probably sick of answering it but yeah...

lucas. said:
-Lenny glowing after giving him gamma gulp?
This should happen. Does it not?

lucas. said:
-A way to save V13 deathclaws? (Killing K-9 owner I think).
Yes, killing the doc at Navarro before a certain amount of time has passed after entering V13.

lucas. said:
-A way to prevent Gecko from getting slaved after optimizing the plant.
Yes. Econ disk is key.

That's great news Killap, I would like more details tough (you must hate me XD)...

-After how many Gamma gulps? I have him 30 and no effects.

-Do I need to enter in vault 13 and then rush to Navarra or I can go to Navarro before discovering vault 13?

-Econ disk? K I'll find that one by myself... Hopefully.

lucas. said:
Eh, I don't know off the top of my head and I'm not in front of my modding machine. Definitely should be less than 30 though...hmm, it might be broken. Post a save game with Lenny in your party and I'll look into it.

lucas. said:
-Do I need to enter in vault 13 and then rush to Navarra or I can go to Navarro before discovering vault 13?
You don't have to rush, there is enough time. However, yes, you *could* just go to Navarro before V13, though that isn't possible without cheating.

lucas. said:
-Econ disk? K I'll find that one by myself... Hopefully.
See the brain or Gordon.

killap said:
lucas. said:
Eh, I don't know off the top of my head and I'm not in front of my modding machine. Definitely should be less than 30 though...hmm, it might be broken. Post a save game with Lenny in your party and I'll look into it.
I think there is some confusion as to what Lenny "glowing" means. All that happens is that at nighttime he lights up a small area around him, the same way as the player character does. All it takes is one gamma gulp beer or one roentgen rum. Also, it seems to be permanent (or lasting for several days at least).

killap said:
lucas. said:
You don't have to rush, there is enough time. However, yes, you *could* just go to Navarro before V13, though that isn't possible without cheating.
If I remember correctly you only have two weeks from talking to Gruthar after fixing the computer in Vault 13, to killing Dr Schreber. So you actually don't have much time to muck about after you have fixed the computer, but before that you can take your sweet time. Also, it's definitely possible to go to Navarro before finding V13 without cheating. You even made it possible to go straight from New Reno to Navarro (vertibird), remember? :)

Uh... I'm pretty sure you can just go to Arroyo and talk to Hanukin about what happened to the village after the fourth dream without even knowing where V13 is.

Back