Fallout 2 Restoration Project Gameplay Thread

Yep, im having a great time exploring the EPA, its amazing. Couple of things more though:

Sullik keeps fidgeting with the mega power fist if it runs out of ammo and he doesnt have any spare.

Topside somewhere it says this is the EARTH protection agency, while talking with the holograms its ENVIRONMENTAL.

I fixed the computer console for the 'security' head, but afterwards it continues buzzing and beeping. I have no more options left with it, so not sure if thats how its meant to be or if there something I missed. Talking with the security head says its fixed and he says thanks.

Is there no way when you are outside and entering EPA (in the map section) to be able to chose what level or part of the base you want to go to, like cities and the previous SAD? (This version of SAD is also annoying in that you can only chose 'entrance')

I have completed EPA on RP 2.0.
Now 2.1 has been released so i've installed it. I came back to EPA for more exploring and noticed some issues:

- lights are again off and i just can't repair generator that I alredy repaired.
- when I talked to Director of Ground Maintenance he has again asked me for help with killing all the plants. But i've killed them all before and there is no more left.

Of course I made new i homongous instalation of fallout before installing RP 2.1

P.S.
Sorry for my English.

Wilu117 said:
I have completed EPA on RP 2.0.
Now 2.1 has been released so i've installed it. I came back to EPA for more exploring and noticed some issues:
So while 2.0 saves are technically compatible with 2.1, some bug fixes, etc will not take affect and essentially "break" some things unless you start a new game. Sorry.

Is there any purpose for small piece of machinery found in EPA ?
Should blowing up Generator for the Holograms take any effects than the holograms don't work any more ?

Hi Killap,

I am at the EPA for the first time and I encountered some Problems.

On the surface there is a building in the southeast which is locked. I cannot onlock either of the 3 Doors although I have pretty good lockpicking skills and lockpicks MKII.

Then on the firt level I am not able to fix the broken generator. Even though I have a machine part.

BTW: there are way too many plants outside. Its pretty annoying to spend a miryad of turns to kill useless critters which pose no threat.

PS: Great work though ;)

Hi Killap,

On the surface there is a building in the southeast which is locked. I cannot onlock either of the 3 Doors although I have pretty good lockpicking skills and lockpicks MKII.

Keys are needed and they are somewhere in EPA :)

Then on the firt level I am not able to fix the broken generator. Even though I have a machine part.

First you must get a quest from one of the holograms

There are no Holograms. Or a Mad Scientist for that matter.
Is the EPA now bugged.
The Scientist lab on the north-east side is a dead end.

Geist said:
There are no Holograms. Or a Mad Scientist for that matter.
Is the EPA now bugged.
The Scientist lab on the north-east side is a dead end.

Did you even get into lover levels of EPA ?

And there is no Scientist (Doctor) in RP 2.0 because he has been removed

Another EPA question in regards to 2.1...sort of. Since the last time I played the restoration was during the 1.x phase, the way the hibernation people worked was skill based which one you got, with the one dying.

So I'm wondering exactly how it works now, as even with selecting to put the ERSI into the dispenser, and using a save editor to change various stats, no matter what I do or who I pick they end up dead. It always says that there was no ERSI was applied and thus results etc...I'm assuming I'm just missing something about how it works rather than it being a bug, since no one else seems to have said anything about.

jletter said:
So I'm wondering exactly how it works now, as even with selecting to put the ERSI into the dispenser, and using a save editor to change various stats, no matter what I do or who I pick they end up dead. It always says that there was no ERSI was applied and thus results etc...I'm assuming I'm just missing something about how it works rather than it being a bug, since no one else seems to have said anything about.
Yeah, I just noticed a bug that was introduced in 2.1. Sorry about that. Expect a fix in the official release this Friday.

EDIT:
Here is a working version of the script. You might have to load a save before you used the computer. Let me know if it works for you now. Just save it to your data/scripts directory and overwrite the one that is already there.

Thanks for the quick reply!

killap said:
EDIT:
Here is a working version of the script. You might have to load a save before you used the computer. Let me know if it works for you now. Just save it to your data/scripts directory and overwrite the one that is already there.

Will do!

haven't made to EPA yet but I recall reading you get 1 of the 3 possible NPCs, not all of them. What does it depend on which one you get?

DForge said:
haven't made to EPA yet but I recall reading you get 1 of the 3 possible NPCs, not all of them. What does it depend on which one you get?
It's not based on your skills anymore, you get to pick the one you want.

DForge said:
It used to depend upon the player's skills. Now you can choose whichever of the 3 you want.

Elronologist said:
I used some healing powder and I constantly have 1 PE, even after some days have passed. How can I cure that?
What? You have 1 PE or you have 1 PE less?
If you had 6 PE to start with but now only have 1 left you are probably suffering from eye damage.

Back