Fallout 2 Savegame Editor

My OS is also Win7 x64, but I never encounter such issue for F12se. Maybe it didn't save the correct windows size in INI when closed?

Bug: sometimes when I open the editor, it's window gets minimized to a tiny size so I can barely notice it on my screen. Setting minimum width/height for the main window should help, I think.
I know I'm not the only one who experienced this.

I didn't find any bugs in loading window size from ini file. But as you suggested I added minimum width and height. If width or height < 300 it is set to 640 or 480 respectively.

I didn't find any bugs in loading window size from ini file. But as you suggested I added minimum width and height. If width or height < 300 it is set to 640 or 480 respectively.

Good you fixed the problem but i have an alternative idea, make the program start maximized and make it save the last position/size it had when it was closed, several programs do that. ;)

Btw vad, a link to your site on your signature is a nice idea too. ;)

Good you fixed the problem but i have an alternative idea, make the program start maximized and make it save the last position/size it had when it was closed, several programs do that. ;)
Actually it has already saved the window position, size, and maximized or not in the INI.
Code:
[window]
h=768
maximized=0
w=1024
x=320
y=120

Do you Reckon that you could make a editor for Fallout Tactics - Brotherhood of Steel, cause the BOSCHE isnt working, so i was wondering if you could make one for the steam copy since i enjoy using these great editors that have been created.

Unfortunately Fallout Tactics files format is completely incompatible with Fallout1&2. There is quite detailed documentation for Fallout 2, but if I sum all the time spent since 2007, it will be a few months of everyday work. I don't have time and desire to start from scratch, so no chance.

When I use editor to edit carry weight in F2 RP nothing happens. Editor says 999 or whatever I type but in game nothing happens. What's wrong? Everything else works fine.

Last edited:
Try to change carry weight bonus not base. Some base values(including carry weight) game engine recalculates from other base stats.

sorry it took so long to me to continue my last post, when i had this problem, it really was only edited saves that had been loaded then saved again in game that CTD, NO other saves ever, megamod or no, it stopped happening when i stopped putting Specials to 9 and action points to 20 (5 on all special in base, cept luck on 10, +4 on all but luck in "bonus" tab) action points being changed to 8 in base (8 agility after all) and 12 in bonus...

now i put it all on 8 specials, gifted trait and nothing at all in bonus tab, 30 Action Points, 10 in base.

Hello :D i've got a question :
If for example, in FO2, i edit kitsune's stats while she is only level 1 in my game : Will she still be able to level up ?

I'm sure she will, Francois. You better not expect the changes in her statistics to be stored, though, since she uses a different proto ID after that. There were problems in unpatched Fallout 2 regarding companions who leveled up and had power armor.

Eh yes, you gotta level up quite a bit. Editing their current level(s) however is not in my book, can't help you besides suggesting to activate the Sfall setting to force companions leveling up once you meet the requirements.

Last edited:
With NPCAutoLevel=1 in ddraw.ini, open Data\data\party.txt and change "level_minimum" and "level_up_every" to 1 for all companions. They will level up every time you gain a level.
Or you can use sfall get/inc_npc_level() scripting functions to level up companions, like the example I posted in sfall thread.

Hmmm, now I'm curious if there's any weird side effects to running around with level 50 party members... lol.

Not much Sduibek, except if someone wants help from Ian and Katja where they use Big Guns weapons (and the latter with energy weaponry). Unfortunately, Ian needs FRMs for those as does Katja including her sprites for pistols.

I have a question. I am trying to use this program to edit some of my followers, but it won't save any changes made to their stats. I was able to successfully modify the PC and add a perk, but I have been unable to change any stats of Kitsune or Sulik under the edit critters menu. I change a value and hit save, but if I click another npc and then go back the changes have reverted. Any suggestions?

Back